Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Accident

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005 | 12:44 PM
angelzhope720

wtf did I do something wrong? okay so donuts were foolish but making a right turn? I wasn't speeding or anything.
Old 09-25-2005 | 12:45 PM
Z BOY

based on his prior record and the fact that he has not learned his lesson, i would say dude is one ****ed up kid and will prolly end up in prison within 5 yrs.
Old 09-25-2005 | 12:47 PM
Sensation350Z

Originally Posted by Z BOY
based on his prior record and the fact that he has not learned his lesson, i would say dude is one ****ed up kid and will prolly end up in prison within 5 yrs.
or dead.
Old 09-25-2005 | 12:55 PM
MacRayZ

I have an unpainted never installed Nismo replica front bumper from KC Aero that I can let go for very cheap. IM me.
Old 09-25-2005 | 01:00 PM
SekZee

ok...as i understand the parkin lot was empty...so its cool... I mean, have you guys never did stupid $hit on an empty parking lot?? NO?? Whatever!!

loosing control when its raining, while turning, with no VDC on... ok .. .well, its kinda stupid...shud've had VDC on, but it happens. He wasnt driving like crazy after he got out the parking lot, he was going on the third, and heeltoed to a second while turning. Im sure a bunch of ppl on this board lost control while turning in the rain, we all know its very easy to spin out on a Z in rain with no VDC, but he forgot to turn it on...people forget, its natural. Stop b!tching at a poor guy, hes depressed enough and you all just making it worse.
Old 09-25-2005 | 01:05 PM
dmoffitt

seriously guys, its not like he was bragging - he was admitting he made a mistake. i lost my car (partially) in the rain once, snagged a patch of fresh pavement mid-corner, thankfully in 2nd gear ~25-30mph (i had vdc off on purpose trying to feel the limits of some new tires). thankfully nothing was damaged beyond my ego but it can / does happen.

good luck fixing it, and hopefully you learned not only to not rely on the car / technology to save you but also to drive safer/slower when the conditions warrant it.
Old 09-25-2005 | 01:10 PM
Electricchild

Wow that tricycle looks exactly like the one I had!!!
Old 09-25-2005 | 01:20 PM
bmxox

Originally Posted by SekZee
Stop b!tching at a poor guy, hes depressed enough and you all just making it worse.
Definitly pay out of pocket if its just the bumper and fender liner, with paint and everything it shouldnt be over a grand. Next time just remember to hit that button again when you leave the parking lot.
Old 09-25-2005 | 01:57 PM
kcobean
Premier Member

Originally Posted by angelzhope720
wtf did I do something wrong? okay so donuts were foolish but making a right turn? I wasn't speeding or anything.
If your car lost traction in the turn, then regardless of whether or not you were going the speed limit, you were going too fast for the conditions. This is what driving experience is all about. Experience sure is an expensive teacher though. Good luck with the repairs.

Try to keep the flaming to a minimum fella's. He didn't come here looking for flames, he came looking for repair advice, so try to keep it on topic, K?
Old 09-25-2005 | 01:57 PM
KingOfV6

you should be lucky you have a button for VDC, some cars dont even have traction control systems.... Do some research on the body shop before you take it there..... Some of them are rip offs...ask them questions like have u even worked on Z cars before... and agree on a price before u pay for it. i got a question for you guys out there, do you think he would of crashed if he was driving a front wheel drive civic?

Last edited by KingOfV6; 09-25-2005 at 02:00 PM.
Old 09-25-2005 | 02:01 PM
dmoffitt

probably not in this instance but he'd manage to understeer into the same sign at some later date
Old 09-25-2005 | 03:28 PM
jsloan

Haha I was actually thinking about getting a body kit, but i was confused how it works. What I mean is, if I were to take the Z to the body shop, wouldn't they only offer OEM parts for your car? Do I have to buy the body kit separate? Also, I can't believe the front bumper is only 220 dollars. Someone told me it's 900.
I had a lady to hit me in the tail end and it was just her license plate stamped in my plastic...2 bodyshops told me at least $900 im goin with a bodykit. hell shes paying for it.she dont want to turn it in on her insurance.
Old 09-25-2005 | 03:53 PM
angelzhope720

Here are pictures.. Also there are green paint markings on my headlights (speed limit sign), is there anyway to remove them? I can sort of scratch them off. My right side fender seems to be overlapping my headlights just a little.
Attached Thumbnails Accident-photo-0094.jpg   Accident-photo-0092_2.jpg   Accident-photo-0096_2.jpg  

Last edited by angelzhope720; 09-25-2005 at 03:55 PM.
Old 09-25-2005 | 04:04 PM
sigsauer87

Dude how the hell do you get into 4 car accidents and your only 17?
Old 09-25-2005 | 04:14 PM
angelzhope720

I don't know, sometimes I feel it's because I can't drive, but all four times(now 5) I've had my accidents, I wasn't driving stupid, nor was it my fault.

1. Some biker (not a bike, I mean a bicycle), wasn't looking and hit the driver door of my mom's 99 SLK230. After he paid us for the damage, it was my moms excuse to downpay for a new car.
2. A drunk semi truck driver hit me front end of my 98 volvo s70. Wasn't bad, but was considered a total because the car wasn't worth much.
3. 3000gt I got with the money from my volvo (insurance), some lady accidentally rear ends my car while reversing from a parking lot. I just sell the car, give the money to my mom and she helps me pay for my 350z.
4. My 350z, make a left turn out of a parking lot and out of no where a white Toyota truck hits my right side. This was the first accident in which I was in fault(I made the left turn). I didn't see him because of blind spots and he was going about 40+ in a 25 area.
5. The raining accident.
Old 09-25-2005 | 04:21 PM
10secapsttz
Banned

I don't know, sometimes I feel it's because I can't drive, but all four times(now 5) I've had my accidents, I wasn't driving stupid, nor was it my fault.

1. Some biker (not a bike, I mean a bicycle), wasn't looking and hit the driver door of my mom's 99 SLK230. After he paid us for the damage, it was my moms excuse to downpay for a new car.
2. A drunk semi truck driver hit me front end of my 98 volvo s70. Wasn't bad, but was considered a total because the car wasn't worth much.
3. 3000gt I got with the money from my volvo (insurance), some lady accidentally rear ends my car while reversing from a parking lot. I just sell the car, give the money to my mom and she helps me pay for my 350z.
4. My 350z, make a left turn out of a parking lot and out of no where a white Toyota truck hits my right side. This was the first accident in which I was in fault(I made the left turn). I didn't see him because of blind spots and he was going about 40+ in a 25 area.
5. The raining accident.
Flamesuit "ON"..
Old 09-25-2005 | 04:30 PM
Dream350Z

The fact that you described to us your driving record is what is wrong. 4 accidents...and all were totaled vehicles? speeding tickets, red lights(are meant for stopping to PROTECT YOU, yet you disobeyed) that is what is wrong..its not the fact that you made a right turn.

You are also foolish for paying 3600 bucks for 6 months of insurance!!!!! Mommy and daddy obviously have good jobs.
Old 09-25-2005 | 04:59 PM
lane myers

not flaming, but you need to consider some driving lessons, even race driving lessons on a closed course with pro drivers, this way you can realize when you're at the limits of your car.

on a side note, i think the flaming would ahve been less if you were using the z in more accepted locations in more accepted fashions. but toe/heel shifting indicates more aggressive driving, and in the rain no less. but it often takes hard lessons to make us learn. the good thing is that you didnt hurt anyone, yet.

good luck with your repairs.
Old 09-25-2005 | 05:07 PM
LugZ

Originally Posted by 10secapsttz
Wow, drifting in a public parking lot where there are women and children shopping, and your looking for ADVICE from us??Here is some ADVICE, sell the Z, buy a bus pass and dont ever drive again..Its wreckless morons like you that kill people and put my family members at risk every time they leave the house. Im glad my profession allows me to vent on punks like you all day long and make your insurance go up.. Maybee if your insurance goes up enough you wont drive.. 3rd gear in Target parking lot, drifitng in the rain, and you look for advice??
Easy peasy there. Yeah I agree that having "fun" in a parking lot especially a target parking lot is not very smart - but I would only agree with you on that fact if it was during operational hours. I think our friend here is a bit smarter that drifting during peak operational hours. Chances are...the store was closed. The call for rain usually shys people away from even checking to see if the store is open. So cool it okay. He came here for some advice...not harassment. I guess you'd be the first person to cast a stone at the hooker.
Old 09-25-2005 | 05:07 PM
D350Z10

Originally Posted by 10secapsttz
Flamesuit "ON"..
Dude why you gotta be so mean to the kid. He wasn't doing stupid S**t on the road, he was just helping out a friend! He started this post to advice from people, so they could help him out. Were all Z owners here , why can't you help the kid out, he has already been through hell as you can see. It's not hard to help out a fellow Zer!!!

Quick Reply: Accident