Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Did Top Gear ever review the 350?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2005, 04:04 PM
mikewagon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for putting the vid link on there. ive been watching top gear on discovery or learning channel, whichever one its been on lately, and i think its pretty good. i was just hoping they did the Z to see how it did around their track. and yes, ive got teh best motoring vid, and thats a great one.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:20 PM
350doc

Everyone at Top Gear loves the Zed apart from Jeremy Clarkson. He just doesn't like it. Am seeing him perform live in London in November.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:20 PM
NightRida

So does anyone have the video review from the fifth gear episode please?
I would love to hear the orgasmic scream the girl did!
Thanks, Jay
Old 09-30-2005, 04:36 PM
Electricchild

Sorry for reposting but just in case someone missed it:

Can anyone tell me the name of that "technoesque" song at about 16 minutes into the video? Thanks a lot!
Old 09-30-2005, 05:39 PM
Ztalker

obviously Jeremy was the exception here....Nissan sold over 100,000 Zs....could 100,000 people be wrong...i hope not.
my own base silverchrome 03 z is still running strong since 3/03...despite minor suspension defects during the first month of ownership. i rarely keep a new car longer than two years ....but this Z is a keeper, the more i drive it.. the more i like it. you can't say that for my 02 RSX.....the 03 WRX was also a joke. recently i've been dreaming about the new Pontiac Solstice two seater turbo coupe.....
Old 09-30-2005, 06:15 PM
350Zwannabe

Thumbs up sorry but...........

Originally Posted by jvanquish
well after re-watching that episode... he liked the rx-8 cuz its proly more unique (suicide doors/rear seats, smoothness of the wankle engine, price, 9000rpm and comfort)
he hates the 350z b/c its french influenced (brits > frenchies), designed in america(automatically makes it suck *** b/c they think americans cant make cars), obnoxious stereo, engine torque feel, engine noise (which i think its quite nice but just everyother nissan and infinity has the same sound =(...), build quality (the flip out doors really suck :P)
well anyway... thats just ONE person's opinion... alot of people think its a great car so dont let one person's opinon prevent you from buying it
He also said that the new FORD GT40 was very limited in Europe about 35 and he ordered one of them. He doesn't have a problem with U.S. cars.
I just think that he compared the nimbleness and hi revving of the RX8 to the heavier bulkier feeling of the Z and enjoyed the RX8 better. That's all, just his opinion. I have a Best Motoring Video and a Test Driver really didn't love the Z either. He liked it nut didn't love it. Again, opinionsssss. I can respect that/
Old 09-30-2005, 06:38 PM
ASTIG_Z

He's a prude British horse f0cker....
Old 09-30-2005, 06:48 PM
ryanhartnett

everyone is entitled to their opionion... and in my opinion he's a douche.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:49 PM
Vamos_Rafael

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ocdavid
He's a prude British horse f0cker....
thats just childish lol and im a college kid im not even that bad :P

clarkson is cool guy just cuz he hates ur car it doesnt make him uncool.

i mean high revving engines like s2000 or rx8 delivers something different and JC likes that kind of power delivery. I dont think he said anything bad about any engine that revved beyond 7500 rpm... EVER...
some ppl like high revving engines some ppl like low revving engines (americans)... respect ppl's opinions as they have freedoms of speech, thought and expression.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:32 AM
350zQ45a

+1 for the clarkson defenders

He is not a Nissan hater.

You know how alot of you say who the hell cares about an interior on a car? Well things like that, the soul of the car, the feel etc etc are very important to euros/brits.

That's why people continue to pay a premium for cars like porsche. They may not be the fastest but they have soul in spades. That certain something you can't define, just the way the car feels.

The Z doesn't have the things he likes about cars. Higher revving engines, nimble handing, good interior etc

He has trashed cars costing 200k+ and beyond and loved micro cars costing under 10k

It will be interesting to see what they say about the Z06. They were reasonably fair on the C6.

Tiff is a much better driver and is more likely to rate a car souly on how it performs, since he was a race car driver. He and his show are boring and nothing compared to Top Gear.

Top Gear is brilliant!
Old 10-01-2005, 01:57 PM
Bannon

Originally Posted by Tackett
I would hate the Z too if all I got to drive and review ferarris, porches, lambos, and aston martins. Getting out of one of those would make just about any car suck.
Agreed, AND WELL PUT: Efficient, humorous, straight to the point and you give the rest of us credit for already knowing enough to get it. kudos
Old 10-02-2005, 12:44 PM
Electricchild

what do you guys think of that Alfa Romeo 147? Damn that thing seems fast but I went to the UK website and it starts at 23k pounds... now if memory serves, the exchange rate probably sets that at 35k + dollars! Hmm...
Old 10-02-2005, 04:01 PM
Nismo 350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah but his review was all wrong. He said the car was made in Cali., by some indian( i think) guy and it was designed by the french and has a french engine? I was like The Z is the only nissan designed, built and manufactured in Japan. Anyways, yeah if I was him I wouldn't like it much since he gets to drive way more exotic cars. But he did say he got a different version than our Z's... I thought there was only one but the only difference is RHD and LHD. This guy was really bashing the car though with the interior and the stereo and the engine and the exhaust. Man the Z's interior is fine, the bose audio is sufficient, the engine is awesome and the exhaust more than makes up for the stereo.
Old 10-02-2005, 04:23 PM
RVM

Spot on!

I lived in London for quite awhile and this is absolutely true.

Originally Posted by 350zQ45a

You know how alot of you say who the hell cares about an interior on a car? Well things like that, the soul of the car, the feel etc etc are very important to euros/brits.

That's why people continue to pay a premium for cars like porsche. They may not be the fastest but they have soul in spades. That certain something you can't define, just the way the car feels.

The Z doesn't have the things he likes about cars. Higher revving engines, nimble handing, good interior etc

He has trashed cars costing 200k+ and beyond and loved micro cars costing under 10k

It will be interesting to see what they say about the Z06. They were reasonably fair on the C6.

Tiff is a much better driver and is more likely to rate a car souly on how it performs, since he was a race car driver. He and his show are boring and nothing compared to Top Gear.

Top Gear is brilliant!
Old 10-02-2005, 04:26 PM
ctwentytwo

Originally Posted by Nismo 350z
Yeah but his review was all wrong. He said the car was made in Cali., by some indian( i think) guy and it was designed by the french and has a french engine? I was like The Z is the only nissan designed, built and manufactured in Japan. Anyways, yeah if I was him I wouldn't like it much since he gets to drive way more exotic cars. But he did say he got a different version than our Z's... I thought there was only one but the only difference is RHD and LHD. This guy was really bashing the car though with the interior and the stereo and the engine and the exhaust. Man the Z's interior is fine, the bose audio is sufficient, the engine is awesome and the exhaust more than makes up for the stereo.
Actually, the car was designed by Nissan Design Studios in Cali by Ajay Panchal, who is British with middleastern blood. The Japan and European studios did contribute to some of the design, but the bulk of it was done by Mr. Panchal.
Old 10-02-2005, 05:59 PM
350Zwannabe

Default Brilliant.......

Top Gear is brilliant!
This quote is absolutely true and those who don't agree are all wrong. LOL
With all honesty folks, I'm saying this with lots of humor and smiling at the same time but honestly it's the truth!!! Chill the fudge out when it comes to someone else reviewing the Z and giving there opinion. Hell, you can argue about alot of what he said but he wasn't saying the car was a piece of SH$#. ..........You talk about him LOVING the exotics and being bias,,,,he was not fond of the Gallardo when it came to giving that old classic Lambo feel. and he does love the Kcars or micro's.
Old 10-02-2005, 06:58 PM
EdgeOfSanity

Top Gear is brilliant!
i actually think he is a nissan hater. I've seen every episode of top gear and i have only seen him once give a nissan a good review with the murano. Also in many of the episodes he makes negative comments towards them whenever discussing a nissan car. It was pretty interesting watching some of the eps from the first season before the z was released. He actually sounded like he wanted to drive the z and give it a good review.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:35 PM
Electricchild

Why OH WHY did he like the Murano??? That has to be the ugliest Nissan ever created... UGH! Yes yes I know he's into performance... but these aren't TOYS--- they're expensive pieces of machinery... you buy that and you better be prepared to keep it for a loooong *** time! Grr.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:59 PM
usmanasif

Originally Posted by ctwentytwo
Actually, the car was designed by Nissan Design Studios in Cali by Ajay Panchal, who is British with middleastern blood. The Japan and European studios did contribute to some of the design, but the bulk of it was done by Mr. Panchal.
True that! Except that he is of Indian heritage. I was reading his interview in a book on the 350Z and he said whenever he sees a Z on the road, he drives next to it for as long as he can. They even had some of his earliest sketches in there. The door handles were what got his first designs accepted, so he just kept them in every drawing that followed. I am glad he did!
Old 10-03-2005, 12:54 AM
steve_jones

Originally Posted by Electricchild
Why OH WHY did he like the Murano??? That has to be the ugliest Nissan ever created... UGH! Yes yes I know he's into performance... but these aren't TOYS--- they're expensive pieces of machinery... you buy that and you better be prepared to keep it for a loooong *** time! Grr.

He hated the look of the murano, but loved the whole package , interior ride quality etc...

Steve

Quick Reply: Did Top Gear ever review the 350?