Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Other cars catching up?? 350 falling?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2005, 11:18 PM
rolling

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Other cars catching up?? 350 falling?

i was out driving arround and noticed that even the hum-drum honda accord has
LED tail lights and Hid's... even there new civic has 200 hp 6sp civic A CIVIC!!
heh

now with other cars catching up where the Z once had more status
even cars like 323, focus, maz. 6, civics, all have HID's and nav!!

I hope Nissan haz some more substantial plans to justify the price and keep AHEAD of the "entry level" cars other than a great engine..

anyway just thinkin to myself.... man those cars got all the same stuff mine does for allot less $$$ heh
Old 10-06-2005, 11:25 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

your kidding me right? i guess they could stick nav and led tail lights on a ford festiva and you'd be all over it right? as long as youve had a Z, im terribly disappointed at the lack of appreciation you have for your car.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:26 PM
Z BOY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

imitation...flattery.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:04 AM
Acree

dude... go to your garage (hopefully not outside).
look at you car.
look at your keys.
then walk back inside.
then you will know this thread is pointless and all of your worries will be eased.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:25 AM
zman27

Originally Posted by Acree
dude... go to your garage (hopefully not outside).
look at you car.
look at your keys.
then walk back inside.
then you will know this thread is pointless and all of your worries will be eased.
Old 10-07-2005, 12:29 AM
lilaznxboi08

ahha i thought that too but thats just little things...led tail lights arent even that expensive, HIDs prb 200-300 thats all
Old 10-07-2005, 01:37 AM
Racer Z
Banned

Not that I would ever buy a lowly Civic....BUT who would've thought Honda would put a 197 HP engine in THAT car?? Must be a 4 banger DOHC VTEC with turbo, maybe??

I just turned in an Enterprise Rental (Accord EX) with a weak-azz 2.4 VTEC....Sooo glad to get my '05 Grand Prix (company car) back from getting inspected (3.8 L V6 200 HP). The front wheels chirp on this bad boy, with just a slight touch of the pedal.

I miss my Z....now parked at my parents house with a car cover
Old 10-07-2005, 02:40 AM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you kidding me, those cars aren't even in the same class as the Z. Enough said.
Please never EVER compare a Z to a CIVIC ARE YOU CRAZY!
Old 10-07-2005, 03:58 AM
Them Bones

Just FYI, all cars will eventually have HID and LEDs. They save energy, and as we see more electric power in cars, that will become more important. HIDs are not used to look cool; they work better and use less energy.

Also, why couldn't NAV be stuck in anything? Do only people driving expensive cars get lost? By the way, Honda's NAV option on the Civic is cheaper than Nissan's, is touch screen, has voice activation, and includes the XM receiver as part of the package!

I think the Civic is 140 HP. The Si is 197, but requires premium, and gets lousy gas mileage. No, it isn't a turbo, and no, it isn't very fast (7.5 0-60).

I'd say the Z has a LOT more to offer, even if it isn't features. If you don't see it, you should have saved your money, and bought something else.
Old 10-07-2005, 04:06 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Actually guys the new Civic Si is going to be a car to be wreckened with along with a small price tag unfortunately. They are popping in the K20 motor from the RSX type-s and it has a little less hp than the RSX from softer engine mounts. Same motor with a drive by wire, so lets see how fast the aftermarket develops parts for it. I am sure we will be seeing some (modded ones) very soon in the kills section with the Z losing
Old 10-07-2005, 04:08 AM
thrill350z

ya cmon man, u think HIDs, LEDs and Nav makes the car?
Old 10-07-2005, 04:19 AM
cer2225

Even though they are both imports, the Z for the majority is not a "ricer." Do you think you would ever be able to say that about a civic?
Old 10-07-2005, 04:28 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickdogg
Actually guys the new Civic Si is going to be a car to be wreckened with along with a small price tag unfortunately. They are popping in the K20 motor from the RSX type-s and it has a little less hp than the RSX from softer engine mounts. Same motor with a drive by wire, so lets see how fast the aftermarket develops parts for it. I am sure we will be seeing some (modded ones) very soon in the kills section with the Z losing
The saying "Horsepower is cheap" is proven with every hopped up civic that will slaughter a Z on the road. I give props to every car that has potential, and I never ever assume that my car is the fastest one on the road. I've seen vids of Vipers losing to Hondas.

As for the HIDs and LED taillights...Slapping a prancing horse on the hood of my car won't make it a Ferrari any more than HIDs and LEDs will make the honda a sports car. I don't know many people that will practically turn around in their seat in traffic to get a better look at a Civic.
Old 10-07-2005, 04:58 AM
Kanyon71

Uhhhh seeing as all new Z's now have LED tails and HID's and NAV can be added isn't this all pretty much a moot point or am I missing something? Oh and by the way any which way you slice it you may have a fast Civic but in the end it's still a Civic, as said above there may be some that will beat Vipers but at the end of the day I would still rather have that Viper parked in my garage then a Civic.
Old 10-07-2005, 04:59 AM
kpiskin

"Other cars catching up?? 350 falling? "

This sounds something Kayne West would say.:-)
Old 10-07-2005, 05:06 AM
hurahn

Yeah c'mon really. Get in anyone of those cars and tell me if they excite you in the same way as the Z. What are you going to do, buy a new car everytime they do an upgrade?
Old 10-07-2005, 05:24 AM
OutsiderZ5

Yeah all that visual mod stuff doesn't make the car. All that is showing is how society is accepting certain modifications standard on cars.
As for speed, the Si might have some strong hp it puts out but it still is 10g cheaper, and mods for the car are also cheaper. Comparing a Civic or Accord to a Z is just not right! The pricetag says enough of what level the two cars on!
Old 10-07-2005, 09:10 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kcobean
The saying "Horsepower is cheap" is proven with every hopped up civic that will slaughter a Z on the road. I give props to every car that has potential, and I never ever assume that my car is the fastest one on the road. I've seen vids of Vipers losing to Hondas.

As for the HIDs and LED taillights...Slapping a prancing horse on the hood of my car won't make it a Ferrari any more than HIDs and LEDs will make the honda a sports car. I don't know many people that will practically turn around in their seat in traffic to get a better look at a Civic.
Very well put! I never owned a Honda, but I just had to throw my bit in there for those that don't know all of the facts
Old 10-07-2005, 09:29 AM
chemicalviper

I work at a Honda dealership and do sell parts and aftermarket parts for them.
Yes their new Accord Coupes with navigation do come with leather/nav/hids/leds.

But I hardly consider it in the class of a 350z.

For one Enthusiast model 350z (which ill be getting when 06's are out in my area)
Have:
53/47 weight distrubition
RWD (carbon shaft)
DUAL HIDS (not single like honda)
Completely different suspension setup
More driver-minded interior (accords are more for luxy wannabe)

The accord with damn nav is high 29 ....
when 350z enthu is low 29, more sport and performance minded.

Its two completely different target markets.

If you were worried about accords or civics catching up on you (and the 06 si is suppoed to be quick for its size - i drive an 02 si atm) .... then you shoulda got an evo with all bolt-ons. Im not worried about speed atm, try driving a 160hp SI hatchback .... 350z is a big upgrade for me and is the only car I can see blow 30g's on.

Muah !
Old 10-07-2005, 09:32 AM
FairladyZX

The only car from Japan can catch up or surpass the Z is the new Supra. The rest is just all wanna be's.

Quick Reply: Other cars catching up?? 350 falling?