Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Big thanks to JMANZ!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2002, 07:57 AM
PistolPete

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Big thanks to JMANZ!

JMANZ puts a lot of time into this site, and I wanted to thank him for that. This is the best 350Z site on the net, and it wouldn't be around without him. A lot of people disagree with some recent moderation, but how can we? This site has always be first with quality information, so the moderators must be doing a great job!

This site has the best message boards by far out of any auto site I've been too. That is a credit to the moderators. Great job!
Old 06-28-2002, 08:06 AM
c350z

Thanks a lot and keep up the good work. This is by far the most informative 350Z site around.
Old 06-28-2002, 09:21 AM
Gavkiwi

Here, here....I agree 100%.....except I have been on the boards daily for a while now and the last couple of days have been pretty wild to say the least....at times some of the posts I read made me feel I was at zcar.....YIKES...hehe.
Old 06-28-2002, 08:29 PM
Flyingscot

The reason this site runs so well is simple. JmanZ is not human. Yep, sorry to say, he's the same super intelligent computer that appeared in the "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galazy" aka DEEP THOUGHT. JmanZ is both omnipotent (not to be confused with the inability to have children) and omnipresent.

I know his secret. After July 3rd, you will too
Old 06-29-2002, 12:49 AM
Flyingscot

Originally posted by Flyingscot
JmanZ is both omnipotent (not to be confused with the inability to have children) and omnipresent.

I know his secret. After July 3rd, you will too
After just reading the thread "work with me here" I'm not sure J. is going to see the above as much of a joke. Sorry, poor timing I guess.

But, in risking starting up this whole bloody debate again (which I have no intention of doing), I feel compelled to speak out:

Point #1. If it wasn't for sites like My350z, we'd still be aimlessly waiting for the US Postal Service to bring us some news on our new cars. Nissan certainly hasn’t done much to help (that we’re aware of).

Point #2. I have to trust that J. believes that adhering to the Embargo is in the best interests of (a) his own well being (and he has every right to protect himself), (b) the success of the Z (which we all want) and c) this wonderful community of funny, well educated and professional enthusiasts.

Point #3. No personal harm is going to come from withholding information until July 3rd. This is not Watergate and despite the fact that I agree with the Internet remaining free speech, I see no harm in what J. (and Nissan) is doing.

Point #4. J. has been very honest with us all along. He did not have to tell us that he had advanced information, period. But, he did. Now the way I see it, there's only two things that could have motivated this: (a) he wanted to show off or (b) he thought we as grown-ups would understand. You be the judge. [Apparently, I'm mistaken here. If so, I apologize]

Point #5. I think if anyone is to blame, it's Nissan. By giving out advanced information to people like J., Nissan unwittingly set him up. They should reconsider this policy in the future. Either that or I would recommend J. stay mum from now on - now that would be a shame wouldn’t it?

Last Point #6. I just hope that one day soon a spokesman for Nissan can come to this site and explain why this embargo was worth fighting over. And I would certainly hope it wasn’t driven by total self interest.

So while you've probably heard me speak out in the past (usually on the weight subject) and know I'm capable of it, I instead choose to sympathize with the burden that J. is carrying. As J. said (and I believe him), there's nothing in it for him that he wouldn’t willingly share with this community.

If you still don't agree then consider this:
J. is only one man. So, purely from a business perspective, how could Nissan benefit from giving J. personal gifts. Without the community, J. has nothing to offer. And unless J. is going to start deleting all bad comments from this site (which is preposterous because no one would stick around) then his job is but a conduit through which Nissan communicates and shares with its enthusiasts. [That and the ability for us to share info with each other.] Any gifts headed this way are for the sole purpose of keeping "we" the enthusiasts happy. NOW THAT MAKES BUSINESS SENSE.

So I say BUCK UP and let’s get back to making fun of each other until we have something worthy to post. We’ve got a lot a head of us (driving experiences, hot-rodding, maintenance, club meets., drunken debauchery, you name it).

Thanks for listening!

BTW: If you want J. to remain one of us then I suggest people quit posting love notes to him. You know,
"You’re the best thing since the Beatles!" [sorry I meant the Beachboys]
"J. I worship the ground you walk on!"
"Oh, J. I want to have your baby!"

You’ve all seen them. I suggest you cut it out. Yes, he’s a great guy, but really…

Last edited by Flyingscot; 06-29-2002 at 02:03 AM.
Old 06-29-2002, 01:32 AM
Flyingscot

There we go again, although I know you don't mean it.

Enough said.