Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

How long do you plan on keeping your Z..... SERIOUSLY

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005 | 03:36 PM
JETPILOT

I'll never sell my car. I set the suspension up the way I want. I got the wheels I want. After my turbo kit gets installed I will be running mid twelve second 1/4's on street tires. If I were to sell it I would lose a majority of my investment in parts. You never make it back when you sell. I couldn't replace this car with something that had inferior performance. When I'm done with it it will be my perfect car. How could I ever get rid of it.

Respect
JET
Old 10-20-2005 | 03:36 PM
JonsilvZ

Maybe another 5yrs which makes it 8yrs total. So far the GTR is looking sharp. But I would wait for the 2nd or 3rd yr model GTR.
Old 10-20-2005 | 03:39 PM
Superhung

Thanks for all the feedback....

It's really nice to see other Z owners who really want to keep their cars on a long-term basis, whether to each individual, it's a realistic proposal or not. Just other Z owners who share pride in ownership is a cool factor for me.

Like most of you, I want to keep the Z, but it's just really easy to say right now
'I'm going to keep this car forever', but the next thing you know, all the traffic from this site get's directed to 'www.mygt-r.com' and then I'm left with no choice
Old 10-20-2005 | 03:46 PM
dlaw300z

Probably until the powertrain warranty is up.
Old 10-20-2005 | 03:48 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic
Premier Member

The Brick will remain in my garage until the wheels fall off!

I'll buy another car in a couple years but will keep the Brick.
Old 10-20-2005 | 06:22 PM
J's Z

I can't sell my cars, especially the Z. I wish I had time to drive it more. I just need a bigger garage! I guess I'm moving in a couple of years when I buy another one... new M3, 360 Stradale, 997 C4S??? Imagine that... "I live in a 1 bedroom, 1 bath house with a 7 car garage."
Old 10-20-2005 | 07:46 PM
pacificwindsurf

I'd like to drive it 16 years and the give it to my first born child as a classic hot rod! I still have my 1993 Nissan Truck with 140,000 miles. The truck isn't worth anything but it runs great so it just isn't worth selling. I figure the Z might be the same after about 15 years, although more of a classic. I figure after 10 years I'll have to put some serious money into the Z to restore it, but it should be worth it
Old 10-20-2005 | 08:22 PM
Z_Driver
Master
Premier Member

I'll keep mine for about 10 years. Then something new is bound to catch my attention.
I hope it is another Z, GTR, or something in the Nissan stable. Just as long as the quality of Nissan cars stays high I'll buy another.

Previous owner of 240z, 280ZX, 300ZXT's, and now the 350Z. It will probably be another Z. The heritage along with my lifelong desire for this sexy little car is addictive.

Last edited by Z_Driver; 10-20-2005 at 09:15 PM.
Old 10-20-2005 | 08:27 PM
Desimale

Im going to keep this beauty as long as she spends more time on the road than in the shop. The z has been my first real experience with a beautiful machine and I will feel very sad the day I part ways with her. The way gas prices are going, this may be the only completely oil powered car I ever own. I only put about 10k miles a year on her so I could easily have another 20 years of z'ness left.
Old 10-20-2005 | 08:32 PM
DZ2005

I'm in college, this is my 4th new car and that's not including a new CBR600RR I bought then sold a year later. This is the best car I've ever had and I love it a lot, the only prob is a couple of swirl marks on my black car after they fixed the hail damage it had. (I'm about to wax the f*ck out of it so I think it'll look spotless again) I plan to keep this car as a daily driver for a long time I think. When I get it paid off I'll prolly save just a little more and buy a Z06, that's about the time I'll have all my college loans paid off I think. I'll mod the hell out of it and use it as a Sunday car, so the Z will be my daily for a while. Anyways, I love cars and I think this is a great one to have around. I was just thinking about this today, and when I look around at what other people drive, it's hard to top the Z, people are always staring.......
Old 10-20-2005 | 08:46 PM
gatti-man

I have a plan with this car. Im going to keep it till i kill it. 3 yrs NA performance and then its paid off. After that make the change to an aggressive FI twin turbo setup 550rwhp daily driver is what id like. The Z pushing that kind of power will turn heads in any crowd. Not that it matters.
Old 10-20-2005 | 09:07 PM
Z_Driver
Master
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Desimale
Im going to keep this beauty as long as she spends more time on the road than in the shop. The z has been my first real experience with a beautiful machine and I will feel very sad the day I part ways with her. The way gas prices are going, this may be the only completely oil powered car I ever own. I only put about 10k miles a year on her so I could easily have another 20 years of z'ness left.
That's one of the reasons I keep buying the Z's. If you take care of them and don't beat them to death, they will last over 200K easily.

This one had over 200K when I bought my 350Z. I held onto it for the next 18 months. I just couldn't stand to part with her since she was running so good. Finally, I gave her up to a good home.

Old 10-20-2005 | 09:11 PM
Z_Driver
Master
Premier Member

Originally Posted by DZ2005
I'm in college, this is my 4th new car and that's not including a new CBR600RR I bought then sold a year later. This is the best car I've ever had and I love it a lot, the only prob is a couple of swirl marks on my black car after they fixed the hail damage it had. (I'm about to wax the f*ck out of it so I think it'll look spotless again) I plan to keep this car as a daily driver for a long time I think. When I get it paid off I'll prolly save just a little more and buy a Z06, that's about the time I'll have all my college loans paid off I think. I'll mod the hell out of it and use it as a Sunday car, so the Z will be my daily for a while. Anyways, I love cars and I think this is a great one to have around. I was just thinking about this today, and when I look around at what other people drive, it's hard to top the Z, people are always staring.......
I think eventually, I am going to take my Firebird step up to a '04 Z06 myself.
Those are awesome handling cars. They are very powerful to boot. They are just big for everyday driving. I would recommend keeping your 350Z if you can as a daily driver.
Old 10-20-2005 | 09:14 PM
Z_Driver
Master
Premier Member

Originally Posted by gatti-man
I have a plan with this car. Im going to keep it till i kill it. 3 yrs NA performance and then its paid off. After that make the change to an aggressive FI twin turbo setup 550rwhp daily driver is what id like. The Z pushing that kind of power will turn heads in any crowd. Not that it matters.
Oh yes, I would like to do this too. I know a couple of guys that have done SC and TT. I kind like the simplicity of the SC and 475HP is plenty for this car. You do have to do some internals and it does cost about 15K to do. But man, what a beast you would have!

Great idea !!!
Old 10-20-2005 | 09:14 PM
Ztalker

Originally Posted by bcsaga
Many years till I get a new M3 with V8 (or when I get a job that pays me enough to afford that )

Seriously though, you guys rant about build quality with Nissan cars. After owning a E46 bimmer for 2 years, I got nothing but complaints. 'Stock' Harman/Kardon stereo made the whole car rattle like there's no tomorrow, window regulators replaced twice, engine made scary and loud ticking noise at 2K rpm, shifter popped outta 2nd gear once a day, and the car almost died @ highway speed in heavy rain. (Stock airbox causing hydrolock? c'mon BMW)

Broke My Wallet, but nothing else in exchange.

Even my '03 which is 'infamous' with "little" problems, it doesn't even compare to my former bimmer.
If my Z continues to serve me as it has past 4 months, I would keep it for a long time...
sorry to hear about your old bimmer....looks like you might have to keep your Z for quite a while.
my buddy's bimmer had a v8, he bought the damn thing just right after it ran out of warranty. During his two years of ownership, he'd probably spent close to 20 thousand dollars just to keep it running. One day someone offered to buy it for 20 grand....he felt like he was the luckiest focker in the world .....
Old 10-20-2005 | 09:42 PM
rolling

Originally Posted by mecinoid
That's one of the reasons I keep buying the Z's. If you take care of them and don't beat them to death, they will last over 200K easily.

This one had over 200K when I bought my 350Z. I held onto it for the next 18 months. I just couldn't stand to part with her since she was running so good. Finally, I gave her up to a good home.

WOW BEEEAUUUUUTTIFUUULL car!!
rarly see older Z,s in such great shape..

ill keep mine long as i can, and upgrade power as nessisary After warranty.
Old 10-20-2005 | 10:44 PM
Yudi Purnama

I am gonna keep this car until 5 years. then sell it... then think to change another car..
Old 10-20-2005 | 11:19 PM
PDX_Racer

Keep it forever.

My first Z. My first yellow car. My first sports car. My first two-seater -- with four tires.

If I can't get rid of my 24-year-old motorcycle (which was the first vehicle I bought, and was the vehicle I drove while courting my wife-to-be), what makes me think I can ever get rid of Topaz (my Z)?
Old 10-20-2005 | 11:21 PM
350z bra

until the end of time. i love my baby
Old 10-20-2005 | 11:26 PM
Amiricanmade

When i graduate collage/6-7 years. My next car is going to be a gtr and they are expensive...so we shall see. But for now im gana make her faster than a gtr!

Quick Reply: How long do you plan on keeping your Z..... SERIOUSLY