Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NorCal 350Z Group: PROJECT REDBULL Update, participants please read!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 12:11 AM
tc350gt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NorCal 350Z Group: PROJECT REDBULL Update, participants please read!

Dear 350Z Group of Northern California!

Please accept my deepest apologies for the year long wait. Your hard work was in my hands and kinda went out of my hands in the past year.

The footage of our long hours at the waterfront parking lot in San Francisco is now done! It took a year, here's what happenned...

We had a team of 4 members with several production crew members. The project was mine (Art Director: Tommy Chan). I asked the other 3 members to join me in this crazy idea. Director of Photography: Robert Donald, Director: Eric Karsch, Producer: Charles Boillod.

The D.P. Robert, during the shoot as most recalled had taken control of the shoot and the project. Eric was helping me keep things on track while myself and Charles were handling about 40 people and 27 cars in total. We had no microphones, talkies, radios and we were running around in the dark trying to keep things under control. As it turns out, Robert didn't get everyone who went to the commercial shoot in the footage. One night and our investment of over $1000 dollars, on basically 5 different shots. And we managed to miss some people and cars. *He is already on everyones Black List*

None of the video footage was wasted, after 3 weeks of transferring the film to tape, then tape to dvd. We found out the footage needed 1 more shot to make it work. We took another week and re-transferred in about 3 more weeks. Just before the end of May 2004, we managed to get a rough cut of the footage.

The rough cut was not presentable at all. Very rough and disappointing. So my project was handed to Eric (the director) to re-edit with a new editor. This bringing us into July 2004 because the Academy of Art University was on break from June to July. We re-edited the footage and had a final smooth presentable version by the end of summer in September. Then the footage was taken by the Director to find a Sound Designer to add sound.

During this time my Mac crashed and the outlook mail program was deleted and lost EVERY SINGLE email contact I had with your group. I talked to Bruce Chang and I think Jason about the incident cuz they were on my AIM list. While still waiting for the footage with sound to show up. It took Eric until December 2004 to finish the footage. All done right? Don't I wish. The guy who sound edited the version, screwed up the quality, the footage with sound looked like a bad recorded tape. I finally sent the Actor a copy of the movie and this project was held off.

In many attempts to hand a copy to Bruce, somehow we never did.

In Spring 2005 as School resumed I gave my Department Directors the footage, they suggested me to take a new approach. While being occupied with senior projects I awaited for a new editor to work with on this project. During those months. I didn't get one single name to work with. After graduating, I took off the summer for a vacation outta hell from this profession. This stuff got outta control.

Summer is over, now I'm back, taking full charge and handling this commercial spot 100% with a New Editor once again. This video is taking a new approach in execution. I didn't know how else to contact you guys, so here's a thread. Hope you guys can understand how outta control this project was since no one was getting paid or on a deadline.

I owe every participant who went to the Commercial Shoot a copy of the Video. Hopefully, most people will read this thread, and for those who don't will be notified by friends/group members. So here's the good news finally!

I will mail out the DVD's. I need everyones, name & address to mail you guys/girls a copy. Please email me with the information. Or give me a call. I apologize again for the irresponsibly long wait.

PROJECT REDBULL REBORN Invitations!

Here's what's going on now. The original team on this project no longer exists, their credits still accounted for. A new team will put this commercial together and will send in to awards shows for the 2006 year.

I would like to invite anyone who took Photo's and/or Video's to submit their work to help us compile a new Commercial. This new approach will consist of Visual Effects, Sound Effects, Photo Imagery, Motion Graphics, and different qualities of Video. This process will only take a month. I am working with a professional editor and TBA Visual Effect Artists. Nothing to lose only to gain. Your credits will be on this project for your work. I only hope to get these Photo's and Video to include as many participants in this new video as possible. Everyone deserves to be shown. Please give me a call and we'll arrange a quick get together.

In case some people were wondering;

Not one single person was being paid; The team of 4 people, the crew and any actors/actresses, cars, extras etc.

Here's my cell #, give me a call if needed. (415) 994-0990. Please email me your Names and Addresses at: desource@gmail.com

I know about 9 or 10 of you went. So hope everyone reads or hears about this thread. Take Cares and Thanks a Millions for your help on that 7 hour night!..

Best Regards,

Tommy Chan
Art Director