Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

2nd incident, hit and run, is my car jinzed?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2005, 05:06 PM
buffmanjeff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2nd incident, hit and run, is my car jinzed?

Well as some of you may know, I've had my car for a month, brand new off the lot. In my month, i've had 2 hit and runs on my 350. NO Notes, nothing, which means i have to pay for this myself. One time it was the rear fender that was scratched/hit and the second time it was the front fender, looks like backed into. Now tell me, why the F does this happen to me. I've had my integra for almost 7 years, and never had this happen. Tell me how or why or what i'm doing wrong? I need answers, a prayer, something to make me feel better.

1st incident (on 9/23, 1 week after purchasing the car, Happened in Chino Hills Costco center)

2nd incident (on 10/23, in Long Beach off Newport, residential area)

Can you tell how pist I am on this one. Wishing the guy was there so i could man handle his daughter. (p.s. my friend takes his digital camera everywhere)

So please someone give me insite on wtf i'm doing wrong, cuz i'm seriously considering getting rid of this car now.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:13 PM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn, Sorry to hear bro. All I can say is park you car in a garage, when you park at places like costco... find an isolated spot... hidden. There are always some punk *** kids that are doing stupid shlt. Best of luck!
Old 10-24-2005, 05:13 PM
buffmanjeff

And btw, the rear was fixed already (at seidners) and I already took the car in to caliber collisions today to get the front fixed. $500 total down the drain.

Last edited by buffmanjeff; 10-24-2005 at 05:19 PM.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:15 PM
buffmanjeff

Originally Posted by D350Z10
Damn, Sorry to hear bro. All I can say is park you car in a garage, when you park at places like costco... find an isolated spot... hidden. There are always some punk *** kids that are doing stupid shlt. Best of luck!
Yes my car is parked in the garage at night always, but these two incidents were during the day. Yesterdays was in front of a friends house while going to breakfeast. Thanks.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:22 PM
carlos067

Well look at it this way, all your bad luck had to have gotten drained out right? So your prob good for a good while...
Old 10-24-2005, 05:52 PM
angelzhope720

I think people figure since you drive a Z, you can afford to fix it out of your pocket. **** like this happens to me all the time, don't feel too bad just recently I had my car keyed from the beginning of my driver door to the end of my fender. Costs $1200, I decided to just buff it out and use touch up. Yes it looks like crap, but it's better to spend $1200 especially knowing I'm enrolled in school right now and it's bound to happen again.
Old 10-25-2005, 12:49 AM
Ed 718
BRAVEHEART

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man Jeff that really sucks bro.....I can see the frustration in that pic. The same happened to me on my front bumper someone backed into my car maybe with a trailer hitch. The dent happened when the car was relatively new.....Z's are magnets for dents..
Old 10-25-2005, 01:05 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ouch!!! (Just a fun jab here...Nice pen!)
Old 10-25-2005, 01:52 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Ouch. The photos hurt and its not even my car. You're neither cursed nor jinxed: simply an unfortunate victim of random irresponsibility.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:33 AM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

sorry to hear that man. But here are a couple cents for ya... try to park your car where EVERYONE can see instead of hidden isolated. This way, if people hit you or scratch your car, there will be a lot of witnesses. So people tend to be extra careful where there are a lot of people. As well, try to park between nice cars (i.e. BMW, MB, Porsche, etc) where you know it would probably hurt them just as much if not more if they hit you.

Wish you the best of luck dude.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:50 AM
taurran

Park as far away from everyone as possible, and in plain view.
Never leave your car parked in the street.
Get an aftermarket alarm system.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:24 AM
MeetJoeAsian

ouch bro, i can feel your pain....I'd be so pissed if that happens to me....I already freaked out when I saw a ding on my driver's door coming out to my car from the club one night, that would drive me over the edge...nowaday, I try to park my car away from tight spots, and avoid parking next to 2-door cars (since most of them have very heavy, big and wide open doors)...and I always look for an expensive or very nice car to park next to since those people are actually careful when they come out to their cars...as far as hit and runs, if you're parking in an isolated parking spot WAY out there with no car around you, that's pretty much how you'd get hit in the areas you got hit, so I try to NOT to isolate my car, I usually make sure there's something covering both my sides where no other car can just ACCIDENTALLY back into or ram into and avoid parking on the street at ALL cost in a neighborhood, that's just asking for it........g'luck bro
Old 10-25-2005, 05:49 AM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z

I'm so paranoid - or aware of how many rotten uninsured drivers there are in SoCal - that I park at the far end of the lots sideways or under the video cameras when I can find them. Being the best Japanese sports car attracts a whole lot of haters jealous of the guy owning the car or pissed off that it's Japanese.

I haven't parked my Z next to a car yet except at work. Even there I protect one side by parking next to one of the parking lot's edges. I do have to park my 8 year old SUV around other cars and pretty much do the same parking away from others. Four parking lot door-dings in eight years - three of them in the last three years.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:07 AM
Z-INCOGNITO

Man... you think you're jinxed?

You can't come close to what happened to me and my Z...

See Post #285 for a quick recap...
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....&page=15&pp=20
Old 10-25-2005, 06:49 AM
GreekZ33

it's not you... it's the z. i think the z's are cursed too. i love them and will never stop driving mine, but it's cursed. my silverstone was part of a hit and run too, and then less than a month later was totalled. now a year into my superblack 350z, i had a dealership drive my car into a pole... 2 days after i got my greddy front lip installed. since then my friend hit a bad pothole and bent my volk gt-7s, and last week i was driving on the highway and somebody's front bumper (from an suv) was sitting in the middle of the road. smashes my new greddy lip in half, cracks the oem bumper, goes under my car, grabs ahold of my jdm ings+1 rear apron (special order from japan) and tears it into 2 pieces. i'm sure im leaving out some important details of the curse... but remember, it's just a car, and this way you can use "fixing" it as justifying it to yourself to mod your car and not feel so bad about it. Good luck!
Old 10-25-2005, 06:55 AM
Fletch69z

People are just inconsiderate now a days. If they think they can get away with it they just leave. Install some security cameras on top of the car that face all directions and I bet people will start leaving notes (or breaking the cameras, ).
Old 10-25-2005, 07:19 AM
fairladyinit

I posted a reply on your first incident you had in a parking lot telling how the same thing happened to me. Since then I've got my car back, though I've learned this valuable lesson. Park in the back where nobody parks, where it's empty. Sure it's a bit of a walk, but you may save your car from that first time teenage driver learning to park. I park in the back even when it rains!
Old 10-25-2005, 07:57 AM
CervanteZ

Originally Posted by Z-INCOGNITO
Man... you think you're jinxed?

You can't come close to what happened to me and my Z...

See Post #285 for a quick recap...
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....&page=15&pp=20

HOLY CRAP! Just when I was about to say "buffman" you got some serious bad luck, you go and out-do him.
Old 10-25-2005, 08:44 AM
buffmanjeff

Originally Posted by Rickdogg
Ouch!!! (Just a fun jab here...Nice pen!)
ahhahah, thanks for making me smile about the pen. It was my buddies girlfriends pen....its all she had on her. Pretty cute though huh?
Old 10-25-2005, 08:51 AM
buffmanjeff

Originally Posted by nitrouz
...try to park your car where EVERYONE can see instead of hidden isolated. This way, if people hit you or scratch your car, there will be a lot of witnesses. So people tend to be extra careful where there are a lot of people....
Funny thing is there was witnesses, but the 2 witnesses i talked to didn't get license plates (that made me more pissed off). And i dont know if you guys are familar with the eastern part of long beach, but its not a run down area. There was a G35 and S2000 across the street. F*CK!

Quick Reply: 2nd incident, hit and run, is my car jinzed?