2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Silverstone Beaver Shots

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2002, 09:55 PM
BrianZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Different looking blue

Originally posted by JamieH
Has anyone noticed that the blue in Nissan's pictures looks quite a bit different than the blue seen in some live shots? For example, look at the Nissan shot:

https://my350z.com/photos/fresh/Z_Extra4.jpg

vs the shot from the Ann Arbor Car club:

http://www.aacarclub.com/gallery/350z/aaf

They almost look like two different colors!! I absolutely love the darker look of the Nissan shot, but I'm not too thrilled with the color in the AA Club shot. If I thought the car would look like the Nissan shot, I would try to switch my order from Brickyard to that, but I just don't know. I wish we had more pictures of ALL the colors so that it was easier to choose. Of course, I guess I could have just waited to see them all in person, but what fun would that have been?

I've been though the gamut of color decisions. I originally though I wanted chrome silver. Then when I saw the first pictures of Brickyard, I decided to order that. Now with all of the shots of the blue, I'm torn again. Heck, it's probably too late to change anyway, so what am I worrying about?
I've seen the car in person.

The AACarclub picture is more accurate.
Old 06-30-2002, 09:56 PM
BrianZ

Originally posted by MP350Z
Jamie, I have seen the daytona blue Z in person and in my oppinion, the Nissan pic is a more acurate portrayal of the color. When I saw the car, I noticed it was a bit darker than the pics I had seen of it on here and other sites. The Nissan pic in your link I think is closer than the others, although I do think it is a bit dark as well. LOL, now, i'm not making any sense. The color is somewhere between those two pics, but it is closer to the Nissan pic than the other. Did that make sense?? I need to get some sleep. sorry for the rambling.
I disagree. I don't think it is NEARLY that dark.
Old 06-30-2002, 10:28 PM
FstQban

Just out of curiosity, does anyone have a picture of a 350 passing that damn vette?! That is what I'd like to see!
Old 06-30-2002, 10:58 PM
articfury
Charter Member #55

Regarding the DB dark vs. light-

It is very much dependent on the lighting. Look at the pictures where the color looks darker, esp. the pics from the caravan event at Texas Motor Speedway. The sky is overcast. In the absence of direct sunlight the metallic color is flatter, not as reflective. In the pictures from the caravan stop in Austin, same car/same day, the sun is out and the car is brighter. By the way, this is when I saw the car. It looked to me very close to the color seen in Jeff's first picks of the DB Track. So, basically, you get both the looks, just depends on the weather.

Regarding the lack of good pics of the other colors-

There are a couple issues here. First, someone else posted a while back that they were having difficulties taking pictures of the Pikes Peak that they were happy showing. Evidentally it doesn't photograph well. This may be the case of a couple of the colors. But I am more apt to believe that the marketing people fell in love with a couple of colors that they thought really showed the Z off. Whether this is the case is definitely arguable. This is just a possibility.

JD
Old 06-30-2002, 11:57 PM
BILZ Z

Originally posted by FstQban
Just out of curiosity, does anyone have a picture of a 350 passing that damn vette?! That is what I'd like to see!
Unfortunately, don't expect to see that happen in our lifetime .. at least not a stock Z & a stock Vette.
Old 07-01-2002, 12:07 AM
FstQban

SHUUUUSH you pessimist! Ok so maybe I am just a big Z fan that is overinflating it's potential but then doesn't everybody about "their" car? I do want to see how it stacks up though. It might not do well in the 1/4 vs. a Vette but if it has better balance it might have a chance on the track.
Is there any word on Nissan going into the American Le Mans series or one of those close to stock comp's that are always on Speedvision?
Old 07-01-2002, 12:53 AM
MP350Z

Originally posted by BrianZ

I disagree. I don't think it is NEARLY that dark.
Well now that I think of it, the preview event here in San Antonio where I saw the daytona blue was indoors. It was not by any means dark in the room we were in, but I do suppose sunlight could make the color brighter to the eye. Were you outdoors when you saw it BrainZ?
Old 07-01-2002, 01:16 AM
brackethead

Originally posted by christurismohk
here are some more
christurismohk, thanks for those pics! That's the SIlverstone touring with orange leather, right? If so, THAT'S MY CAR! I can't wait.
Old 07-01-2002, 01:42 AM
brackethead

Originally posted by VQracer
I'm still wondering why Pikes Peak has not been shown. I'm glad I didn't order it because I would be going bananas right now.
In case you missed it, there is a video and some screen captures of PP White:

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....ht=track+video
Old 07-01-2002, 02:46 AM
BrianZ

Originally posted by MP350Z

Well now that I think of it, the preview event here in San Antonio where I saw the daytona blue was indoors. It was not by any means dark in the room we were in, but I do suppose sunlight could make the color brighter to the eye. Were you outdoors when you saw it BrainZ?
Yes, outdoors, 6pm evening sunlight.
Old 07-01-2002, 02:54 AM
Jill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by john0213
By the time she reads u guys post u'r all gonna get beat up~!LoL~~~
Why does everyone think I'm some tough girlie? I'd only beat up for fun (That was a joke...)
Old 07-01-2002, 05:19 AM
z350z
Charter Member #13

I saw the blue in person. To my delight, it looked better than in any photo. It was not too light, but it really reacts with the light and looks different depending on how the light hits it -- I think that's partly why there's a such a big difference in the photos.

Look at this pic my wife took (with me in the driver's seat!) and note how it looks dark on the hood and light on the sides.

Old 07-01-2002, 08:23 AM
JamieH

Default Interesting....

It looks like the light level radically affects how the blue looks. Must be all those layers of clear coat.

Blue has always been my favorite color, but I was trying to go with something different because I already have a blue car that I'm going to be keeping. I wish I could see these cars in person! It would make the decision a lot easier. Of course, like I said before, it is probably too late to change anyway.
Old 07-02-2002, 11:28 AM
z350z
Charter Member #13

Where in california was that picture taken?
ybanangel:
This photo was taken at Capitol Nissan in San Jose last week. The car was only there for 24 hours before it moved on to another dealer (not sure where). Lucky for me, it's on my way home from work so I arranged for my wife to meet me there to see the car and snap some photos.

It was nice to have full access to the car and the interior, look at the engine, etc. I didn't get to start it up, though (it was inside). I did set of the alarm system -- oops!
Old 07-02-2002, 03:34 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

What did the alarm sound like? Was it some kind of siren or just the horn beeping?
Old 07-02-2002, 08:11 PM
z350z
Charter Member #13

The alarm was just the horn beeping.