Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Well guys it finally happend...

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 09:16 PM
Z MANIA
psychedelic one

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I own the Passport 8500 blue and it's saved my arshe more than once. If it chirps at you you know that radar is around somewhere and it's time to hit the brake. When pulled over- Always-ALWAYS ask to see the radar it's within your rights and an officer should get upset because you ask. He's got to have your speed locked in there for the ticket to hold up (if he tells you that he got you with radar). I'll get a chirp and the cop is behind me moving up, but he's turned off his radar now and is trying to pace me, no more chirping but here he comes. Different types of chirps too and unfortunately you've got to have radar around alot to get a feel for which direction it's coming from. Here in beautiful SoCal lots of cops and lots of radar YEEHAW!
Old 11-08-2005, 09:19 PM
Z MANIA
psychedelic one

Oops... An officer SHOULD NOT get upset when you ask to see his radar. (Should have previewed I guess)
Old 11-08-2005, 09:19 PM
BillsZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Passport 8500 has been tested a lot in magazines and is clearly the radar detector to have right now.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:32 PM
bamyi

Originally Posted by BillsZ
The Passport 8500 has been tested a lot in magazines and is clearly the radar detector to have right now.
Thats not always the case. Some company (passport being one of them) don't send in their off-the-self model. When they know that their radar detector is used for testing, they send in one that's "juiced up" not the one that is for sale.

In order to have a accurate test, what the magazines need to do is buy them and don't let the company know that its for testing. After the tests are done, send it back.

Also, +1 for the valentine.
Old 11-08-2005, 09:32 PM
RaDaRkInG

Originally Posted by Z MANIA
When pulled over- Always-ALWAYS ask to see the radar it's within your rights and an officer should get upset because you ask. He's got to have your speed locked in there for the ticket to hold up (if he tells you that he got you with radar).
You are incorrect.

http://www.landlinemag.com/Archives/.../road_law.html

"Question: I heard that if I get a speeding ticket, the cop has to show me the radar screen. Is that true?

Answer: No. The cop doesn’t have to show you his radar screen or anything else for that matter. In fact, even if you do get a chance to see the radar, how would you know if the indicated speed showing on the screen is actually your speed or one that’s been sitting on there for a month! That’s right, you don’t know, so we recommend you never ask to see a cop’s radar screen. Frankly, asking to see the radar screen is totally irrelevant, argumentative and usually just pisses the officer off. Once the officer is upset, he/she will usually remember you and will usually tell the county attorney not to give you any relief when you go to court."
Old 11-08-2005, 09:37 PM
bamyi

hahahaha, thats funny, the cops telling the county attorney to not give someone relief on a traffic ticket.....is that the county where the cop is the mayor and the mayor is the sheriff and the sheriff is the county attorney?
Old 11-09-2005, 05:04 AM
xephiron

you can't say they don't target 350Z's... plus any real sports car. Most have a "control issue" and they think you buying a fast car means you intend to speed and/or try to outrun them. Like you are personally mocking police officers just buy driving a fast sports car. I have been pulled over 9 times since I got mine. Only 2 tickets, 1st I fought agianst and won in court. 2nd I have court trial set for Dec. 19th (improper lane change). The one I got out of was for reckless driving.. I spun my tires shifting to 2nd. Judge laughed at the cop basically since I never lost control or wasn't speeding, etc. I did nothing wrong. The other 7, well I have heard every excuse imaginable (so and so called you in, you "looked" like you were speeding, etc.).

Anyway, high school is over the cops should stop trying to get back at society for all they suffered in the past. And grow up a little. It is mostly the young ones harrassing me. Cops of a different racial origin always give the tickets to me too, just an observation.
Old 11-09-2005, 05:27 AM
blueper4mancez

hey guys i'm from atl but i work in vidalia i was on my way driving to agusta , and a cop pull me over and said i went 75 in a 45 mph zone and i'm pretty sure it was on a highway so it'll a 55 zone and the guy didnt even ask for my insurance and he asked what year was my car wtf ???????????? he ge gave me a ticket too son of a *****....
Old 11-09-2005, 06:03 AM
mchong75

Originally Posted by dragon11689
Yeah, cops do target Z's.
Pure ignorance

I drive a Z, I own a crotch rocket, I'm a minority...I must be COPS number 1 target.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:15 AM
mchong75

Originally Posted by blueper4mancez
hey guys i'm from atl but i work in vidalia i was on my way driving to agusta , and a cop pull me over and said i went 75 in a 45 mph zone and i'm pretty sure it was on a highway so it'll a 55 zone and the guy didnt even ask for my insurance and he asked what year was my car wtf ???????????? he ge gave me a ticket too son of a *****....
Well, were you going 75 on a 45 zone? 30mph difference...that's huge.

You're GUILTY!

Last edited by mchong75; 11-09-2005 at 06:18 AM.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:27 AM
Nismo 350z

you're lucky the cop didn't beat your ***. they don't like black people around here as much as they do in seattle.
Ist of all I am not black. Second I am not from Seattle. I am from So. Cali. Why do you have to make racist comments like that. Anyways he said my approximate speed was 65 when it really was 45-50 in a 40mph zone. He didn't get me on radar. But I know he got me for my tags and just made the B.S. for speeding cuz I have a Z. Thats what pissed me off. I was compliant with him and didn't give him any trouble though. I don't know when my court date or my fine cuz they haven't sent anything in the mail yet. But I will let you guys know what happens wether I fight it or pay up.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:54 AM
WYZIWYG

Received 203 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by bruce350z
you're lucky the cop didn't beat your ***. they don't like black people around here as much as they do in seattle.
Uh, dude I don't think cops like Black people period no matter where you live.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:06 AM
bamyi

Originally Posted by xephiron
you can't say they don't target 350Z's... plus any real sports car. Most have a "control issue" and they think you buying a fast car means you intend to speed and/or try to outrun them. Like you are personally mocking police officers just buy driving a fast sports car. I have been pulled over 9 times since I got mine. Only 2 tickets, 1st I fought agianst and won in court. 2nd I have court trial set for Dec. 19th (improper lane change). The one I got out of was for reckless driving.. I spun my tires shifting to 2nd. Judge laughed at the cop basically since I never lost control or wasn't speeding, etc. I did nothing wrong. The other 7, well I have heard every excuse imaginable (so and so called you in, you "looked" like you were speeding, etc.).

Anyway, high school is over the cops should stop trying to get back at society for all they suffered in the past. And grow up a little. It is mostly the young ones harrassing me. Cops of a different racial origin always give the tickets to me too, just an observation.
Such ignorance. I call on your stories, especially the Judge laughed at the cop part.
Old 11-09-2005, 11:09 AM
BOZ23

Old 11-09-2005, 12:21 PM
Mr_Q

You're screwed on the expired tags. But you can beat the speeding ticket. You're actually better off if he marked on the ticket LASER or RADAR when it comes to fighting the ticket based on speed trap laws and the violation "Basic Speed Law" or 22350.

Then you can order up traffic control reports and speed surveys to determine if it's a speed trap.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:29 PM
Nismo 350z

The expired tags can be fixed with getting new tags and going to the court showing them my new tags and they will waive the fine. I don't remember if he marked radar/laser. It said approx. speed 65. posted speed 40. The 65 speed is total BS cuz I was only going 45-50.
Old 11-09-2005, 01:33 PM
Vamos_Rafael

here we get so much high performance cars rolling around popo are very nice...
cuz we pay them gooooooooooooood...
their job is to catch and fine poor *** nukkaaa in their beaters driving in our community cuz our community dont like them
Old 11-09-2005, 04:03 PM
cillinsz

Get both find out for yourself.You have 30 days free trail.
Good luck.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:02 PM
Crisco

Valentine 1 is what I own and I love it
Old 11-09-2005, 06:05 PM
wireben

Beltronics

Quick Reply: Well guys it finally happend...