Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Nissan Headquarters moving to Tennessee. :(

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 08:53 AM
LATEZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 350zQ45a
Sure they can afford it, but so what? Business has been leaving California in droves over the last few years, it's not a secret. It was one of the Governators prime directives to try to stop that bleeding.

Simply too much regulation, taxation, and all around of Pain in the ***'ness of say Europe for companies to want to come or even now stay in California

all true I agree. Nissan is now more than a car company they have venture out in realestate, community development and politics.congrats Mr.Jim Morton(NNA VP) this should assure you governor or what ever position you desire.
congrats Tenn jus beware Theres always a place that will offer cheaper land cheaper operating cost ..whats next for Nissan maybe a move out of the country?
Old 11-11-2005, 09:00 AM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by LATEZ
all true I agree. Nissan is now more than a car company they have venture out in realestate, community development and politics.congrats Mr.Jim Morton(NNA VP) this should assure you governor or what ever position you desire.
congrats Tenn jus beware Theres always a place that will offer cheaper land cheaper operating cost ..whats next for Nissan maybe a move out of the country?

If TN starts treating business the way the CA government does, I'd not blame them one bit for leaving TN. If, for instance, we pass an income tax in TN, I'll likely move, because I've had some opportunities in other states with income taxes that would have made things a bit better for me in my job to move, but the money still didn't work out because of the tax differences. It's a free market, go where things are the best for you, even if it is another country if that works.

However, they've expanded their plants here numerous times, so it isn't like they don't know the lay of the land.

No offense toward CA residents, but liberalism out there in the governments you select is not business friendly.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:55 AM
LATEZ

Originally Posted by MannishBoy
If TN starts treating business the way the CA government does, I'd not blame them one bit for leaving TN. If, for instance, we pass an income tax in TN, I'll likely move, because I've had some opportunities in other states with income taxes that would have made things a bit better for me in my job to move, but the money still didn't work out because of the tax differences. It's a free market, go where things are the best for you, even if it is another country if that works.

However, they've expanded their plants here numerous times, so it isn't like they don't know the lay of the land.

No offense toward CA residents, but liberalism out there in the governments you select is not business friendly.
I kno I'm jus bitter right now, cuz this affects me big time i jus wanted to vent (have thought about selling my z and burning all my collectables and t-shirts )
Old 11-11-2005, 11:12 AM
KenWH

TN=little taxation, cheap land, $$$ incentives from state to lure industry, centralized location for distribution with major north/south & east/west freeways/railways, and cheap labor costs.

CA=...well...just the opposite of all of the above.

Just about all the major automakers have large stakes in the south now.

For all the guys that don't like it...look at it this way...better for them to move to the southern US than to move to Mexico.

However, give illegal immigration another decade or two, then TN and points south will basically be Mexico anyway.
Old 11-11-2005, 06:54 PM
350zQ45a

Originally Posted by KenWH
TN=little taxation, cheap land, $$$ incentives from state to lure industry, centralized location for distribution with major north/south & east/west freeways/railways, and cheap labor costs.

CA=...well...just the opposite of all of the above.

Just about all the major automakers have large stakes in the south now.

For all the guys that don't like it...look at it this way...better for them to move to the southern US than to move to Mexico.

However, give illegal immigration another decade or two, then TN and points south will basically be Mexico anyway.

Yep. It's not too much of a stretch to imagine a time where GM, Ford, and Chrysler manufacture all their cars overseas and import them for sales to us

Big Airlines went bankrupt, now parts makers (delphi). American car makes need to wake up and realize they are on a sinking ship, and need radical thinking to save them. Bloated health care and pension funds for retired executives sure won't do it. Either will ugly and bland cars.

The soulstice is great (The vauxhaul equivilant even better), they should just let GM europe design cars for us.
Old 11-11-2005, 07:31 PM
Ztrackman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All businesses have to drive cost out of their operations at every opportunity if they are to compete on a global scale. Goshen at Nissan/Renault has always been in RELENTLESS pursuit of this goal. This is the future. All businesses that don't do this will be overwhelmed by their competition who do.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:44 PM
LATEZ

read this article on autoextremist.com reguarding the move
http://www.autoextremist.com/page6.shtml
Old 11-12-2005, 02:23 AM
xephiron

over the past few years... Honda, Mercedes, and now Hyundai I think have all set up plants in Alabama. It's definitely happening, cheaper land and lower costs of living are what big manufacturers are looking for.

Drive a Mercedes M-Class? Probably built in Tuscaloosa, AL home of the Crimson Tide It's hilarious, all the dealeships out in T-town say stuff like "Roll Chevy Roll" on their commercials hehe. Don't think Mercedes will ever get into that loop