Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

what little or big things did you find out AFTER you purchased the Z.......

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 01:01 PM
xkevon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GonZ
What do you mean? just pull up on the window switch
i was talking about auto up using the key remote
Old 06-06-2007, 01:06 PM
xkevon

[QUOTE=Originally Posted by ecorona6
Dont want to go back to see if its a repost:

If you hold down both the open & lock buttons on your remote it will stop your horn from sounding when you arm your alarm using the remote. Its nice when you get home at 3:00 a.m. drunk and dont want to wake up the wife! [/QUOTE]

this does not work either
Old 06-06-2007, 03:37 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by xkevon
can't get the windows up using the fob, but you can using the key in the lock, turn, and hold.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:22 AM
kmag52

Tried the keyfob/open window thing last night and it works great...thanks for the info from a guy who you can tell doesnt read the manual from cover to cover.
Old 06-07-2007, 06:24 AM
GonZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It has been repeated numerous of time through the thread.
You CAN NOT UP THE WINDOW WITH THE KEY REMOTE!
Old 06-22-2007, 03:47 PM
iStan
ZR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

this does not work either
Hold the two buttons for a little bit. It will engaged, disengage the beeping during open and lock.
Old 06-23-2007, 04:09 AM
orangeflash

when I Bought my Z used I didnt realize the 6 in-dash cd player was jammed/broken. I was so excited I forgot to check everything.Now, I use the tape deck and Ipod, so I really dont need the cd player anyways.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:11 AM
modzs

Originally Posted by tripmachine
well.... i know when i got my car there were many things it offered that I didn't know about.....

-windows roll down with the key pad while unlocking the car

-hatch has a button to open other than the remote

-the VDC button, I had no clue what that was.

-the passenger cup holder!!! that thing is dope considering I had a 240sx before this.

-6 disc cd changer! (i got the touring and didn't even know about the 6disc til after it was purchased)

-HID!!!!!!! haha bought the car and didn't know about HID'S til i drove it off the lot.

Let's hear it guys.... maybe we can all learn something new...

-j0sh

seems like you didn't know what the hell you were buying.
Old 06-23-2007, 07:14 AM
mcurry5

yep, sounds like an idiot to me. Spending 30K and not knowing what your getting. Now there is a guy I want to sell some real estate too.
Old 06-23-2007, 09:29 AM
ryan987

Originally Posted by Halo
The only thing i realized after getting my Z is that everyone likes riding your *** cause they think their F-150s and astro vans can beat you. Kids are jelous of your car and throw rocks at them. And everyone seems to get outa your way at a stop light. And every kind of ricer in a honda civic revs their motor at you like a freeking moron.

I couldn't agree with you more!! Add retards in Modded VWs to the list too!!! Come on now? it's a f'in Golf?
Old 06-23-2007, 04:44 PM
trains1937

Received 119 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by pedroosan
Some of the things I found, that haven't been posted yet in this thread:

* That you can fold the passenger seat while sitting in the driver's seat comfortably, because there is this extra handle at the back of the passenger seat. So you don't have to reach for the normal handle to the right of the passenger seat.

That's why the convenience package, hanging on the head rest, has a cutout hole, so that you can still get to the extra handle.

I found this rectangular unit with webbing and a pocket laying in the hatch area. It looks like it hangs on the back of the passenger seat. It has a cutout hole like the one described above.
It has two loops on the top that suggest it has to hang on buttons or hooks of some type but I can't find anything like that on the back of the seat. Can someone tell me how this thing hooks on to the seat, if that is where it goes.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:22 AM
JMT

Originally Posted by trains1937
I found this rectangular unit with webbing and a pocket laying in the hatch area. It looks like it hangs on the back of the passenger seat. It has a cutout hole like the one described above.
It has two loops on the top that suggest it has to hang on buttons or hooks of some type but I can't find anything like that on the back of the seat. Can someone tell me how this thing hooks on to the seat, if that is where it goes.
I believe the loops are supposed to go around the passenger head restraint column thingies.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:09 AM
Seel

-people like to stare at Z's
-asshats in rustangs are everywhere. I knew there were a lot of rustangs I just didn't know they all wanted to race.
-Blose is worse than I thought (getting that taken care of this month)
Old 06-24-2007, 04:42 PM
Behemel

Originally Posted by trains1937
Release the passenger side seat-back forward, take off the headrest, put the loops around the prongs, put the head rest back on making sure that the rectangular thing is on the back of the passenger side seat-back with the Z emblem facing outwards, push the seat-back to it's upright position, tuck the bottom of the rectangular thing into the pouch on the back of the passenger side seat-back. Presto.

Wait a few months. Realize there is absolutely no practical use for the rectangular thing and that it only gets in the way of the passenger side seat-back back release lever. Repeat the process again, and store the rectangular thing back where you found it at.
Old 06-24-2007, 06:05 PM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

^^lol!
i keep microfiber cloths and a tire pressure gauge in mine... and a pen. i dunno why.
Old 06-24-2007, 09:57 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by orangeflash
when I Bought my Z used I didnt realize the 6 in-dash cd player was jammed/broken. I was so excited I forgot to check everything.Now, I use the tape deck and Ipod, so I really dont need the cd player anyways.
Moral of this story is when buying a car, even a brand new one, take a cd with you to test the cd player (preferably a cd you don't care if it gets wrecked). But given your situation you've got it sorted anyway.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:38 AM
68Stang

I found 4 ways to open the hatch. The remote, the exterior button, the button on the bottom of the strut tower brace, and one on the hatch area floor.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:46 AM
GonZ

Originally Posted by 68Stang
I found 4 ways to open the hatch. The remote, the exterior button, the button on the bottom of the strut tower brace, and one on the hatch area floor.
Correct me if I'm wrong but you can unlock the hatch but not actually open it with a remote? unless you have a magical remote.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:50 AM
onedirtyz
my car is dirty

Originally Posted by GonZ
Correct me if I'm wrong but you can unlock the hatch but not actually open it with a remote? unless you have a magical remote.
the 3rd button on your fob with a pic of a car with its trunk popped open, with the word 'hold'...........press and hold the button. voila!
Old 06-25-2007, 07:05 AM
GonZ

Originally Posted by oneDIRTYz
the 3rd button on your fob with a pic of a car with its trunk popped open, with the word 'hold'...........press and hold the button. voila!
03 TOURING, I got no such button, otherwise it would be quite obvious.

Quick Reply: what little or big things did you find out AFTER you purchased the Z.......