Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Z is here a month early!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2003 | 08:19 PM
strawman53

Thumbs up Z is here a month early!

Just got the call at 6pm today. My Brickyard Touring Z arrived at the dealer today. PDI has been done but final detailing will not be done until 1pm tomorrow when I pick it up. Hayward Nissan in the San Francisco Bay Area seems to have their Z act together. They sell all Z’s at MSRP (even back in August), My salesman said that because of requests by almost all Z purchasers they don’t mount the front license plate and they don’t wash it. Forget to ask them not to fill the tank, I want to drive it to the station to fill it myself!

I never got a VIN number, I ordered it on September 20th and was told it would be in mid to end of February. I saw that people on the East Coast were getting Z’s ordered in late September and I called my salesman, Abdul, last week and asked if I would be getting it early. He said, “Yes, end of January or 1st week of February”. He said that Hayward Nissan exceeded their allotment for October orders and my car was probably not ordered until 1st of November. He said that he expected the VIN in 2 weeks (mid January). A week later the car shows up! I doubt this was a cancellation since Redbrick Touring, 5sp AT, Frost Interior, side Airbags and head curtains is not a common order.
Old 01-02-2003 | 08:29 PM
apharmdb

Congratulations! Hope you enjoy the car! I checked around the area too but didn't even know about Hayward Nissan. San Leandro and Oakland were both asking over MSRP way back when. Connell in Oakland was even asking 10K over for a CS track model! In the end I went with McKevitt in Berkeley for MSRP, great service and great sales staff. Glad you found a fair dealer too! Have fun and drive safe.
Old 01-02-2003 | 08:30 PM
Smooth350

Lucky you.....must be nice getting a month earlier than expected. I ordered mine early in december and was told i'll be getting mine end of january or early febuary.....I'm just hoping I get it maybe a week or two before the end of January. I doubt it though.......its been almost a month and i have no order# or vin#. Well have fun in your new car.
Old 01-03-2003 | 08:19 AM
WayneTN

Congrats, strawman53! Looks like the next wave of Z's is rolling in!

Drive safe.
WayneTN
Old 01-03-2003 | 11:19 PM
strawman53

Well its in the garage and the drive home was fantastic! Hayward Nissan made it a nice experience. The closer / finance manager is where I expected to be hassled since the Z was at MSRP. Nope, no hassle at all, he pitched the normal packs at a not too outrageous price (for a dealer) but when I said “No Thanks”. That was the end of it. When we got to the finance part I told him I had a commitment from Costco / PeopleFirst for 100% finance for 60 months at 4.64%. When I mentioned PeopleFirst he stated that they could only accept a Cashier’s Check not a Draft because they are finding that PeopleFirst drafts are taking 30 to 45 days to clear and the Dealer has to submit the credit application again! He gave me 5 days (which has been the standard for at least 20 years) to get the check to him. He then said, wait a minute, and he got out his book of rates and found a loan at 4.74%, same terms. This made the loan less than $2 a month more. Considering the hour drive back to Hayward in traffic and fees for Overnight and Cashier’s Check I thought it was $90 well spent.

BTW – Hayward Nissan is really selling Z’s. Friday night a Z was picked up. When I arrived at 1pm Saturday there were 2 other Z’s being detailed, a Silver and another Brickyard EXACTLY like mine! The other Brickyard left first and as I was leaving a Daytona Blue was brought up front for the buyer on the way to the dealership. Don’t know when the Silver is being picked up. That was 3 Z’s sold in 2 hours, over a $100,000 gross sales!

Hayward has 2 Z’s on the floor available at MSRP, a Lemans Sunset Track and a Daytona Blue (didn’t check the model).