Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Farewell to the Z.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005 | 04:51 PM
ZZtopp

Default Farewell to the Z.....

After a fun three years with this great car, I sold my Z to a forum member.

After deals fell through with a couple of other cars I was hoping to acquire, I was going to just keep and enjoy the TT beast it for a while longer. When an offer appeared out of the blue, the thought of getting into something different appealed to me enough to sell him my weekend warrior. He caught me at the right moment, and it's not going to be easy watching her being loaded onto a truck and shipped away. I know I'll be saying: "What have I done???"

The Z was the first car I ever truly modded, and the experience has been a lot of fun and expense, but well worth it. I think I've been bitten by the bug, so whatever I get next will most likely be a performance work in progress, as was the Z.

Good luck with her, Robert!
Old 11-20-2005 | 04:56 PM
Tsex On 19s

damn how much u let her go for?
Old 11-20-2005 | 05:33 PM
ZZtopp

I'm not going to say....the buyer may not appreciate the number being announced. Needless to say, even at the last listed price of $33,000, it was a steal.
Old 11-20-2005 | 07:38 PM
NISMOFO

Hey, there everyone. I will be taking over where ZZtopp left off with this beautiful machine. I just want to say that owning a car for 3 years and keeping it in perfect condition is no easy task. So I want to thank ZZtopp for taking care of this car. I also want to thank him for passing the torch onto me.

Even if I had not bought the car from ZZtopp, it was a he11 of a lot of fun talking to him over the phone every time!

As for the purchase, I think we'll just keep that between the buyer & seller for now.

Thanks ZZtopp.
Old 11-20-2005 | 07:46 PM
ZZtopp

I'm glad someone who obviously takes a lot of pride in his vehicle will be getting this car. We had some good discussions and he sees the car, its performance, and it's future care very much as I do. I know this APS blessed machine will be in good hands!

Now, I've just got figure out what to get next......
Old 11-20-2005 | 07:53 PM
35oZephyR

Congrats 350track!

It's good to see that the Z is going to a good home. (fellow motoring member)

I've followed ZZtop's car since he's had the LE37's on them, (as well as the lambskin seatcovers )

ZZtop,

Keep us posted on what car you transitioned to.
Old 11-20-2005 | 08:21 PM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by 35oZephyR
Congrats 350track!

It's good to see that the Z is going to a good home. (fellow motoring member)

I've followed ZZtop's car since he's had the LE37's on them, (as well as the lambskin seatcovers )

ZZtop,

Keep us posted on what car you transitioned to.

You what's under those sheepskin seatcovers? Perfect, like new seats.

Since the Aston dealer and Chevy dealer both screwed up my deals on the V8 Vantage and the new Z06, my first thought is to get a C6 roadster and make it a Z06 eater (if possible). The upcoming APS TT kit for the C6 sounds good, especially when their kit was so good on the Z, and Lingenfelter has many more options as well.
Attached Thumbnails Farewell to the Z.....-reduced-c6.jpg  
Old 11-20-2005 | 08:59 PM
thezedsled

It's nice to see how much love these cars get. Some poeple think I have issues by the way I talk about mine. But they just don't understand what it means to bond to a machine like this. Have fun with your new ride 350Track, I am sure you will not regret the purchase!
Old 11-25-2005 | 02:24 PM
ZZtopp

Default The Eagle has landed....

The soon departing Z sits with its replacement, which arrived this morning.

The APS TT makes the Z a faster car...no question. But that's only for now. Work on the Vette will begin soon......

I'm very impressed with how much better a car this Vette is than my previous one, a 2002 Z06. The build quality and refinement, although not at Audi levels, is far better than almost any car I've ever owned. We'll see how it holds up over time.
Attached Thumbnails Farewell to the Z.....-z-and-vette-1.jpg   Farewell to the Z.....-z-and-vette-3.jpg   Farewell to the Z.....-z-and-vette-4.jpg   Farewell to the Z.....-z-and-vette-2.jpg  
Old 11-25-2005 | 02:37 PM
JoneZZZ

Originally Posted by ZZtopp
.......The upcoming APS TT kit for the C6 sounds good, especially when their kit was so good on the Z, and Lingenfelter has many more options as well.

ZZtopp, sorry to see you switching over......glad to see your vehicle will be going to a good home.....congrats 350track!

ZZtopp......love that screen name and that AVATAR(if a picture is worth a thousand words....that one is worth a MILLION!). Good luck with the vette.....the APS TT for the vette is supposed to be REDICULOUS!!!! Good luck with it and stay in touch.

Peace.........
Old 11-25-2005 | 03:08 PM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by JoneZZZ
ZZtopp, sorry to see you switching over......glad to see your vehicle will be going to a good home.....congrats 350track!

ZZtopp......love that screen name and that AVATAR(if a picture is worth a thousand words....that one is worth a MILLION!). Good luck with the vette.....the APS TT for the vette is supposed to be REDICULOUS!!!! Good luck with it and stay in touch.

Peace.........

Thanks for the kind words. I've gone back to the darkside with this new car...maybe I won't be disappointed this time.
Old 11-25-2005 | 04:12 PM
Nexx

The Z holds its own parked next to your new vette. Goes to show how sexy your Z was. Have fun with the GM. I had a 98 SS that started litterally falling apart before I sold it and got my Z.
Old 11-25-2005 | 04:30 PM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by Nexx
The Z holds its own parked next to your new vette. Goes to show how sexy your Z was. Have fun with the GM. I had a 98 SS that started litterally falling apart before I sold it and got my Z.
The Z sure does look great, even when parked with the Vette. Two very different, but equally awesome cars.

I've had problems with GM cars as well, but I think this Vette has benefitted by being built side by side with the Cadillac XLR. I've never seen such refinment and good fit/finish in a Vette and this is my eighth one. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised with it's quality as time goes on, but I really don't see this as I car I'll keep for ten years....but who knows?
Old 11-25-2005 | 05:25 PM
devildoc

Good luck with the new vette. They're beautiful! If you're looking for some good info check out

ls2.com

It's a really active forum with lots of good information.

Ian
Old 11-25-2005 | 06:02 PM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by devildoc
Good luck with the new vette. They're beautiful! If you're looking for some good info check out

ls2.com

It's a really active forum with lots of good information.

Ian

Thanks...cool forum.
Old 11-26-2005 | 09:24 AM
ZZtopp

Default Elvis has left the building.

I know the car is going to a good home, but I still feel like I just dropped my dog off at the pound.

Oh well......I've got the C6 to keep me company.
Attached Thumbnails Farewell to the Z.....-z-leaves-1.jpg   Farewell to the Z.....-z-leaves-2.jpg   Farewell to the Z.....-z-leaves-3.jpg  
Old 11-26-2005 | 09:55 AM
Manjot

a moment of silence
Old 11-26-2005 | 11:21 AM
Nexx

Originally Posted by ZZtopp
The Z sure does look great, even when parked with the Vette. Two very different, but equally awesome cars.

I've had problems with GM cars as well, but I think this Vette has benefitted by being built side by side with the Cadillac XLR. I've never seen such refinment and good fit/finish in a Vette and this is my eighth one. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised with it's quality as time goes on, but I really don't see this as I car I'll keep for ten years....but who knows?
I'm pretty sure your right about that. I watched a show on the making of the new c6's. It seems like they put alot of care into the build. I'm sure it will hold up fine. I swore I would never buy GM again but I could make an exception for a Vette.

Oh, I nearly shed a tear after taking a look at the pics of your Z getting loaded on the trailer. As bad as my SS was falling apart, I felt depressed when I finally handed over the keys and the title to the new owner. Watching him drive off was pretty hard too.

Last edited by Nexx; 11-26-2005 at 11:23 AM.
Old 11-26-2005 | 11:25 AM
showstoppertk

that trailer pic is so sad
Old 11-26-2005 | 11:36 AM
Cannysage

this is such an emotion thread *sniff, sniff* group hug everyone!!

Quick Reply: Farewell to the Z.....