Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

do you think i could get sponsored?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2005, 03:04 PM
Vamos_Rafael

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ClaytonC01
I'm not totally saying it sucks, but if they want you to go to a show halfway across the US, youre spending that same $500 you saved on gas, hotel rooms, and to have a car that wins big shows, you cant drive it across the states to get to a show. Rock chips, bent rims, and other things hurt your score. You have to trailor the car everywhere
yeah i agree
but for regional events like say im in PA
i'd go NY, NJ, DE, MD and around my region for that...
If i have to goto Vegas they can go ***** them selves...
Old 11-22-2005, 04:00 PM
nickintempe

Originally Posted by jvanquish
then how come all the show cars that win shows and race car that win races have decals on them
Give me a break. At any given car show, the same sponsors are generally renting a booth and/or sponsoring the show themselves. They can't let something like good taste bite the hand that feeds them.
Old 11-22-2005, 04:03 PM
Vamos_Rafael

Originally Posted by nickintempe
Give me a break. At any given car show, the same sponsors are generally renting a booth and/or sponsoring the show themselves. They can't let something like good taste bite the hand that feeds them.
lol...
good call but legitimate decals with proper sponsor backing isnt something to be embarassed of...
just my opinion...
like say ur sponsored by AEM and u have a couple AEM decals...
then its like a conversation piece like "bro u need any AEM parts? im sponsored by AEM and i can get u parts at a good price" then it can make friends and stuff !?
just my opinion...
Old 11-22-2005, 04:26 PM
momo 350z

your best way to get sponsored is put together a portfolio,take pic's of your mods.exp..engine,rim's,stereo-etc..also do a write up of what you have done,and plan to do..you have to pretty much have to make your self known,,goto as many car shows as you can,talk to vendors show them that your interested about there product and what you can do for them..Thats pretty much what i did,and so far i have 3 sponsor's..but i also goto alot of show through out the yr..some 30 mins aways,some 3 hrs away..Like kelly's car..very nice car,seen it in person.and wow! but also like he said,"the key is goto alot of show's"...good luck and hope this helps..
Old 11-22-2005, 05:45 PM
Nismo 350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ who sponsored u?
Old 11-22-2005, 05:56 PM
Vamos_Rafael

not alot of ppl r as blatant as me lol
Old 11-22-2005, 06:24 PM
Vamos_Rafael

l a la lalalalalalla
nananananana
sponsorships are hardwork
dont f*ck around cuz u might run into lawsuits
Old 11-22-2005, 08:53 PM
MyV6IsFast3r

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

This car has one sponsor, and it's a local shop. I may have gotten more, but the key to sponsors is to have a car that will get their name noticed at the shows (which means you have to go to the shows).
Wait a minute, you have one sponsor (being a local shop) yet you have that huge *** Turbonetics sticker on your car? Maybe that's why they don't need to sponsor you, you do it for them for free. Not to sound mean, but if your not getting anything from them, why uglyfy your car with that sticker?
Old 11-22-2005, 10:16 PM
wayneside

sponsorships can be good or bad...just depends on the company or moreso the person you deal with from that company...there are a lot of advantages and disadvantages!!! if you pursue a sponsorship...just make sure you follow through with your end of the bargain...
Old 11-22-2005, 10:33 PM
thezedsled

I will sponser you. Plaster my name across your car somewhere and I will send you a nice crisp 5 dollar bill!
Old 11-23-2005, 04:33 AM
Vamos_Rafael

Originally Posted by MyV6IsFaster
Wait a minute, you have one sponsor (being a local shop) yet you have that huge *** Turbonetics sticker on your car? Maybe that's why they don't need to sponsor you, you do it for them for free. Not to sound mean, but if your not getting anything from them, why uglyfy your car with that sticker?
that sticker shows that his Z is turbo charged...
DUH...
respect
no one *** with turbo Zs on the street especially that red one with lambo doors
Old 11-23-2005, 05:06 AM
cessna

Have you ever thaught that maby his shop was a licenced installer for his turbo, and that part of the deal he got on it was on condition that he affix a sticker for it???
Old 11-23-2005, 07:38 AM
Vicynax

Cuz maybe teh sponsor that uglyfied his car was the company of that sticker. That alone beats 50 papa mama run sponsor shops.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:45 AM
DeeZ

you have to go to shows and work with each sponsor to make a deal on what they want out of you and the car.

having mods help but you also have to be willing to take the car to shows....

the main thing is to get the name of the compay out there!!
Old 11-23-2005, 07:54 AM
ROGUELITE
the Zbler eLf

i guess i'm missing something here. since when do decals uglyfy a car.

if you are running equipment or want to show support for a manufacturer where is the problem with having their decals. one thing i hate in this area is that every Z i see on the street looks exactly the same. i've only seen a few Z's that have any mods or character at all. looking forward to moving to SoCal.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:41 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alright now....you all stop calling my car UGLY. You're hurting its' feelings.

Seriously though, the vinyl on my car is a "vendor list", not a "sponsor list". It's hard to be unique at shows without some kind of "wallpaper" on your car. Since Turbonetics did great things to help get me my kit in time for the local Hot Import Nights (at a time when there were NO kits available), I pimped their product at the show by sporting their name on the car. I kinda liked the way it turned out, so I left it on. I don't see why there is this assumed requirement to be sponsored to put a vendor's name on the car. The Turbonetics logo looks cool and I think it looks great on the car.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:57 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What is up with the sponsorship threads lately? From some of the posts, I can see why a lot of companies give me the cold shoulder on initial contact until they hear me out Some crazy *** people that have no clue
Old 11-23-2005, 09:59 AM
Cannysage

Man, all you guys are over reacting to decals. They don't look all that bad. I personally wouldn't mind slapping on a sticker of a company that I'm sponsored by and I have respect for. A lot of you are closed minded and quickly jump the gun to say all decals are crap. If composition and placement are done in good taste, I think it will enhance a car. I wouldn't mind a tommy kaira decal..

p.s I think kcobean's car is tight as hell
Old 11-23-2005, 11:16 AM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Cannysage
Man, all you guys are over reacting to decals. They don't look all that bad. I personally wouldn't mind slapping on a sticker of a company that I'm sponsored by and I have respect for. A lot of you are closed minded and quickly jump the gun to say all decals are crap. If composition and placement are done in good taste, I think it will enhance a car. I wouldn't mind a tommy kaira decal..

p.s I think kcobean's car is tight as hell
Thank you! At least someone likes my car!
Old 11-23-2005, 02:05 PM
hypeiv

Originally Posted by abyss
it was just a little sarcasm
i picked up on it

don't you need to go to shows and stuff and win to get attention from sponcers?

Quick Reply: do you think i could get sponsored?