Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Looking to sell my M3 and get into a G35c or Z....

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2005, 07:46 AM
Forrest80

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by konaforever
The only thing you get more of in a Vette is performance. You don't have a backseat or usable trunk. You don't get the same fit, finish and quality of materials.

How is that more for less?
I think for me if i wanted back seats and a trunk i might have actualy gotten a srt or a civic for that matter, they pretty good for that.

Its true about the seats and trunk, i wont deny it, for a monster of a car ya dont get that. but "fit" i dont even know what that means, but quality and materials? i dont know whats in either of them to judge that properly but i would guesss the material and quality are the same.

For me i look at it this way, when i pass the m3 in a vette and if i wanted to say slow "pos" the m3 owner will say i got back seats and a trunk? So does every civic.

Last i checked i was in a forum of a performance car.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:57 AM
konaforever

Originally Posted by Forrest80
I think for me if i wanted back seats and a trunk i might have actualy gotten a srt or a civic for that matter, they pretty good for that.

Its true about the seats and trunk, i wont deny it, for a monster of a car ya dont get that. but "fit" i dont even know what that means, but quality and materials? i dont know whats in either of them to judge that properly but i would guesss the material and quality are the same.

For me i look at it this way, when i pass the m3 in a vette and if i wanted to say slow "pos" the m3 owner will say i got back seats and a trunk? So does every civic.

Last i checked i was in a forum of a performance car.
Now you're just being ridiculous. You're comparing an M3 to a civic. The M3 is a performance car. 0-60 in 4.8, 1/4 in 13.1-13.4.

It's a performance car with practicality and style.

Sure, the Vette can do the 1/4 mile half a second faster, but is it worth it over the other things the M3 offers (none of which you obviously appreciate)? The answer to me is no. To other people, it maybe yes.

But it seems it's all lost on you.

BTW: Fit and finish is the quality of the paint job, how well the body panels fit together, etc.

The materials aren't remotely the same. GM is known for their cheapness of interior materials.

Last edited by konaforever; 12-01-2005 at 08:00 AM.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:03 AM
Forrest80

Originally Posted by konaforever
Now you're just being ridiculous. You're comparing an M3 to a civic. The M3 is a performance car. 0-60 in 4.8, 1/4 in 13.1-13.4.

It's a performance car with practicality and style.

Sure, the Vette can do the 1/4 mile half a second faster, but is it worth it over the other things the M3 offers (none of which you obviously appreciate). The answer to me is no. To other people, it maybe yes.

But it seems it's all lost on you.
i compared back seats and a trunk, something most cars have, what makes the difference between a m3 a vette and a civic is power, one car has more and at the same price tag. The Civic has no problem offering back seats and a trunk for a affordable price.

But you are right, i wont pay to get less performance when i can get more from some one else. Ill sacrifice my seats and trunk those dont mean all that much to me.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:06 PM
BlackSpec02

Look at it this way: all other things aside, you are comparing a BMW to a CHEVY... hmm. BMW.