Repair shop crashed my car!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 12:25 AM
Luis_23

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 12-04-2005, 01:09 AM
kbiz

I had a tire shop roll my Z into a bumper hitch... not as bad as yours. I just got 3 estimates from the most expensive shops in town and their insurance company gave me a check in about 3 days. The funny thing was that before I could get it fixed, someone else backed into my bumper and cracked it. Kinda got a free $2k out of it.

You'll never get them to do more than you could sue them for. All they're liable for is either the fair market value or the cost of repairs... you'd have to get estimates from shops that really believe there's more damage. But even then, their insurance company can send an adjuster to inspect it and they can try to fight it if they think the estimate is too high. You're kinda right about the value going down with repairs... when you get a panel replaced you loose the original VIN sticker on it... dealerships look for missing VIN stickers and some private buyers do too. Also if you trade it in to a Nissan dealership and they have several panels that have been replaced, they can't resell it as a Certified Used Car. I hate idiots!!!
Old 12-04-2005, 01:24 AM
hndumafia

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gatordoc
Thanks for the support. Kind of surprised, I thought the rims looked great! What about them is not "flowing"?
I live in gainesville so doubt too many people would be considering this shop. I am going to demand a new car, my car is a 2005 with only 3000 miles on it. They shoudln't be able to get away with this...
wow i sure as hell won't be going there, and will make sure none of my friends do either! pretty much all shops for cars in gainesville suck.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:21 AM
hitop

Inexcusable and completely incompetent.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:55 AM
thezedsled

Originally Posted by gatordoc
Probably right... But I am going to try like heck b/c this car will never be the same!

Right! The frame on the Z is a lot easier to mess up than most people think and once it is damaged to a certain point there is no justification in repairing it because the costs are just too great. This applies to many cars that have an aluminum frame. Hitting a median like that may very well have done enough damage to the frame to where they could write it off as totaled because of this. At the very least it is worth a shot...
Old 12-04-2005, 06:35 AM
Sam405

What tire shop was it? so i know where not to go ahha =P
Old 12-04-2005, 06:38 AM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FUKIN SUE THERE ***. THAT is Bull ****, they are suppose to be "trained professionals"
Old 12-04-2005, 07:30 AM
nlsqba

i had my winter tires installed like 2 weeks ago. after this was done the tech said now he needs to test drive my car to see if everything is ok... i didnt know you need to do this after tire install??
he went around the block - but i went outside the shop to see (hear) any suspecious noices i would beat the hell out of him if i heared some tire burning. he seemed pretty suprised when he saw me waiting for him

i am always present when I have sth done to my car (except nissan dealership). thats the best way to be sure your baby is ok.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:36 AM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i am always present when I have sth done to my car (except nissan dealership). thats the best way to be sure your baby is ok.[/QUOTE]

Somewhat true... lol I took my car to the nissan dealership and they tech got in my car, didn't know how to start it ( manual), once he started it then didn't know how to drive a stick, was studdering, stalled it, and almost drove with the parking brake on. Needless to say he lost his job after that messup, I went straight to the gm of service and told him and explained on a " trained professional", That guy shouldn't of even got in my car. The gm took good car of the situation.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:02 AM
gatordoc

Looks like I should talk to a good lawyer!
Old 12-04-2005, 08:19 AM
blackpitbull

Man that is ****ed.
They drove that and ****ed it up. If they say its because of a lift thats bull ****...look at all that damage no way on a lift. They bent the ****ing rim for christs sake.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:29 AM
boma

It looks like they drove over one of those "curbs" they put at the front of a parking spot.

You can tell the car hit the curb, went over it, and landed back down on it.

They were going fast too. You can't dent your rim just by driving over that curb at a slow speed.

Good luck.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:31 AM
juliosuburban

That sucks.
Old 12-04-2005, 08:56 AM
thezedsled

Report them to these guys, let them take care of it...

http://gaytruckerbears.com/
Old 12-04-2005, 09:18 AM
paulsmansfield

They don't need to drive your car to change the wheels. Are they part of a network of just a local garage. If network, write a letter of complaint to the head office and maybe enquire of the police if they can be charged with theft as they wouldn't have had your permission to drive it away.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:19 PM
topdown-z

Angry

Come on fellas, what do you think these places hire? They are about as far from "professionals" as a virgin hooker. They pay these stupid idiots about $9.50 an hour to "take" care of your "baby". As soon as one of these in-breds sees that he might have a chance to "test drive" a 350Z, he gets a bigger boner than the first time he saw his sister naked. It's sad but things have changed over the years. There used to be a time when employees actually had a little bit of pride to go along with their training. As sad as it seems, I'm also talking about that lovely little dealership that you bought your Z from. It's not just the little chicken $hit businesses. Hell, I took my Z Roadster for a simple oil change at my dealership and caught the little twirp starting to drive my car off of the lot. I stopped him and asked him what the he11 he was doing. He came back with a great response when he said "the dealership wants us to test drive the cars and check for leaks". Gee I never knew that was included in the 30 minutes or less deal. When I want wheels and tires, I jack my car up in my garage and remove my own wheels and then bring the new ones home and install them myself. I'm sorry about what happened to your car "gatordoc" but let it be a lesson. You can't trust any of those little turd burglar pooh butts that are lurking around various businesses just waiting to get ahold of your $hit. My tip for the day.........don't let your Z out of your sight. EVER...NEVER.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:14 PM
msmary

omg... no wonder. i went to toyota to get my fron bumper on my old car (scion tC) repainted from a huge rock chip. i left it with a full tank of gas. when i came back, half the tank of gas was gone but my car looked fine so i didnt say anything.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:49 PM
LugZ

I work in insurance and no way will you get a new car. They are liable under negligence and will have to pay for damages, and probably other costs such as a rental car.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:24 PM
skip2daZ

Well it is common for them to test drive a car after mounting the tires on... but often they take a car off on personal manners, lunch and such.
But the body shop does have insurance.
So get their insurance info, contact your insurance and give them the info so that they can deal with the shops insurance
Old 12-04-2005, 11:11 PM
lilaznxboi08

omg what idiots...freakn milk them for all there worth and buy a tt with that money!!!

Quick Reply: Repair shop crashed my car!