2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Three things I hate!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2005, 12:35 AM
Z_Driver
Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EdgeOfSanity
DB screams pull me over and ticket me just as much, if not moreso, than a red one.
I wish I had some data on this to back up what I have said. I only have experience to prove it. I never was pulled over in my bright blue cars (Shelby Charger, Mustang, Roadrunner, Firebird 400). I have been pulled over in every red car I have owned. (Celica, Taurus, Chevette, 240SX, F-250 Van) JMHO.

The cops also tell me that believe it or not Red used to be the color they wrote the most tickets for. Now, they say it is white for two reasons. It is more popular among the younger set and there are less red cars on the road now than there used to be. Not that LeManns Sunset or Yellow won't draw a crowd. Oh, I do love those bright colors !!!

My friend is always getting pulled over in his Orange 426 Hemi Cuda if that counts. He is afraid to take it out on the street anymore. Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha.

On the other hand, we take the 67 Camaro out (Grey) almost every week. We have been stared at while parked. But, seem to blend in much better than my buddy's and the car is much louder.

BTW-Camaro gets Midnight Blue with Smoked Silver stripes this year we hope.

Just my .02.

Last edited by Z_Driver; 12-17-2005 at 12:41 AM.
Old 12-17-2005, 12:47 AM
Chad68

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mecinoid
I wish I had some data on this to back up what I have said. I only have experience to prove it. I never was pulled over in my bright blue cars (Shelby Charger, Mustang, Roadrunner, Firebird 400). I have been pulled over in every red car I have owned. (Celica, Taurus, Chevette, 240SX, F-250 Van) JMHO.

The cops also tell me that believe it or not Red used to be the color they wrote the most tickets for. Now, they say it is white for two reasons. It is more popular among the younger set and there are less red cars on the road now than there used to be. Not that LeManns Sunset or Yellow won't draw a crowd. Oh, I do love those bright colors !!!

My friend is always getting pulled over in his Orange 426 Hemi Cuda if that counts. He is afraid to take it out on the street anymore. Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha.

On the other hand, we take the 67 Camaro out (Grey) almost every week. We have been stared at while parked. But, seem to blend in much better than my buddy's and the car is much louder.

BTW-Camaro gets Midnight Blue with Smoked Silver stripes this year we hope.

Just my .02.

Gee I don't know why anybody would stare at that grey camaro LOL. Nice car.

Oh wait your painting it blue? The your vote is for blue too

Last edited by Chad68; 12-17-2005 at 12:49 AM.
Old 12-17-2005, 01:00 AM
Chad68

Well it's a little tuff to get an exact total but so far it's something like.

Blue 13 votes

Silver 2??? weird

Red 6

And for some odd reason we had 5 votes for white, which was not on the list hahaha.

I was figuring red would come in last, so I could say "ok then I will get red" but silver came in last So now I have to start a whole new thread until I get red to come in last, so I can buy red hahaha.

If it wasn't for silver being eveywhere and me being sick of my silver truck, I would pick silver alloy.

BUT......

Well you know how it goes.

Do they make a 3 sided coin?
Old 12-17-2005, 01:16 AM
imseksy

whats funny is that nissan charges an extra 500 dollars i think if you get interlagos fire. interlagos fire looks like burgundy to me, but ive only seen it in pictures and not in person so i could be wrong.
Old 12-17-2005, 01:22 AM
Chad68

For all of those that picked blue, I do have to admit that the spoiler I bought was pictured on a blue Z and I liked the way it looks on the blue Z.

Though the bottom pic, I wish the damn splash guards were not on it so I could tell exactlly what it would look like. I love the side profile of the spoiler on the blue but pretty sure it would look nice on the red just as well.

Did I ever mention I hate the splashguards? Plus my Z will be dropped with Hotchkis springs, so the stance will be very similar just with Anniversary wheels and tint

http://www.zcarparts.com/store/merch...t_Code=50-1844

Last edited by Chad68; 12-17-2005 at 01:24 AM.
Old 12-17-2005, 01:38 AM
Z'd Up

Go with your gutt feeling

Nevertheless, here's a DB with SS, CS, and PPW - for color comparison
Old 12-17-2005, 07:33 AM
juliosuburban

Originally Posted by davidv

May the force be with you.
LOL
Old 12-17-2005, 11:03 AM
Mr Z

Originally Posted by Chad68
That's kind of how I feel about silver too. It's been done to death like 20" chrome on SUV's. Of the 3 colors on my list, the only color I have never owned is red. Tho the blue truck I had years ago was barley considered blue, so I don't really count it that much. The Daytona reminds me of both blue R1's I had. Don't know if that's a good thing or not though But I loved both of my R1's
I own a blue car already so that's why DB wasn't on my list. I think a change is often nice by itself. It could help you decided between several close colors.

Mr Z
Old 12-17-2005, 11:45 AM
Z'd Up

PPW is a classic but yet stylin color - I don't see many around too
Old 12-17-2005, 12:22 PM
Z_Driver
Master

Gee I don't know why anybody would stare at that grey camaro LOL. Nice car.

Oh wait your painting it blue? The your vote is for blue too
LOL !!! I guess I am in a blue kinda mod. Nah, I have had this planned for about 2 years. The car runs great. Now it is time for a great paint job. However, great paint jobs cost 4-5 times what it cost me to build 750HP motors. Therefore, it takes time to talk the wife into it.
Old 12-17-2005, 01:12 PM
Chad68

Originally Posted by Z'd Up
PPW is a classic but yet stylin color - I don't see many around too
Even though white is at the bottom of my list, there is a guy in here that has one that in at least the pics I've seen of it looks pretty damn sick. has Gold Volks. I don't like white and I don't like gold wheels but they looked very nice on his car. I'll try to find the pic.
Old 12-17-2005, 01:21 PM
Chad68

Actually there are 2 white ones on this page and both look like they have the same Volk wheels but they're 2 different cars. The one I was talking about was the one on the bottom of the page but I would love to see more pics of the one with the ground kit. Probably looks even better.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....&highlight=PPW

Oh here's another one with the ground kit halfway down the page

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....&highlight=PPW

Actually I know what the problem is.. The damn Z looks good in any freaking color and that's why it's so hard to pick one.

Well within reason I mean, like all the factory colors look good. So don't post pics of checkerboard pink and ask, "does this look good to you too?"

Last edited by Chad68; 12-17-2005 at 01:32 PM.
Old 12-17-2005, 02:20 PM
JORGEOLIVEIRA
Builder/Framer

Silverstone All The Way
Attached Thumbnails Three things I hate!-img_2115a.jpg  

Last edited by JORGEOLIVEIRA; 12-17-2005 at 02:28 PM.
Old 12-17-2005, 02:26 PM
Sly_Z

Sorry but PPW was at the very bottom of my list. Next to the bottom was a toss up between the Sunset and lagos fire one.

GOOD!
Old 12-17-2005, 03:29 PM
sokudo9l6

seriously...i don't want to see anymore PPW on the road.
Old 12-17-2005, 04:09 PM
Mr.Jadkowski

White ALWAYS looks dirty. Silver... doesn't look bad, but it's overdone. The blue IS nice, but....

... if you're gonna own a sports car, you might as well stand out from the croud. Redline.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:08 PM
Chad68

Well this is just great!

Went to a couple dealers Sunday, no not 'that' kind of dealer Nissan dealers. I went there with only 3 colors on my list to compare, Red, silver alloy and blue. Well now I have to add Silverstone to the list too I thought Silverstone would look like a color that belongs on a luxury car but damn'ed if it didn't look good on the Z as well.

The guy at one of the dealers asked, "weren't you here last week?" Told him I make my drive down his way to torture myself and look about twice a month, sometimes more lately. I told him it's tuff picking a color and we agreed it's because they prettty much all look good. Probably the only thing I would agree with him on

It was cloudy as hell and raining off and on, so I will have to do this all over again when we have clear skies but from what I saw I noticed...

The redline looks like it's a$$ end is not as wide as the other colors. I believe this was due to the splash guards and or because the tail lights dissapear/ get lost into the sides of the car, therefore making it look narrower than it actually is. Either case sucks because I like the wider look. Wider is better! I would never use the splash guards so I guess that would help widen up the look a little more.

Blue looked nice and wide and all around looked pretty nice. It did look a lot like the R1's I had and I loved that color on my bikes at least. Jury is still out on a Z though. I need a non cloudy day!

The one that surprised me was not even on my possibilty list, it was the Silverstone of all colors. I thought it would look too rich for a sports car but it imprssed me as much if not maybe more than silver alloy. In fact I would say more because silver alloy is the same as my truck.

Howevevr since this was all done in mostly rain, I will have to do it all over again so none of what I saw even counts, except that now I have 4 colors to choose from, instead of 3

I mean even the the Sunset which was one step up from the very bottom of my list looks ok in person Still wouldn't pick that color though but got me to wondering if maybe that's what I should do, just pick one that was never on my list to begin with If I had to pick from one of those 4 colors, it would be much easier to pick one.

I've been trying to picture myself actually having one of these colors parked in my driveway and picturing myself walking up to it in a parking lot to get into it, washing it on a Summer afternoon, parking it at work and what not and red seems like maybe it's not for me. I am a pretty quiet soft spoken kind of person and red kind of like screams,.. well it screams lots of things I suppose. I just can't picture a red one parked in my driveway.

So if that's the case it leaves me 2 shades of wooo hooo silver or blue.

Suppose to rain all week

Last edited by Chad68; 12-18-2005 at 05:13 PM.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:15 PM
Chad68

By the way, due to another thread, does anybody have any stats on what color sports cars are vandalized the most?

We all know red gets the tickets but which color gets the envy stripes more?

I'm guessing black or red?
Old 12-18-2005, 06:05 PM
nicolaycastro

I would thinks is more about the location of were you usally have your car and some luck or or better yet a lack of luck.
Old 12-19-2005, 01:18 AM
firulice

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here are some more comparisons for you to help out...or to confuse you more. My opinion is, it depends on what you want to do with the car (wheels, tint, etc...) but the more rare the better.

Quick Reply: Three things I hate!