Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Another Key victim

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2005, 07:45 AM
jamnew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by taber
It's not a hate crime (unless you are saying it's people "hating"), it's just petty vandalism. People with no respect. You just have to let the insurance claim get it, and put it behind you.
Hey, Karma is a *****, the person who did this will probably never get to drive anything like what you have.
+1 This is some idiot who didn't have anything else to do. The fact that he thinks you have to be rich to drive a Z tells you all you need to know.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:24 PM
cal_z

OK!! I got off from work Tuesday, only to come out to my Z and see that someone had keyed my car on the drivers side. Just on the drivers side!! what the ...... If you intend to cut someone, just do TWO PANELS of the car and it will add up to your deductible. What is funny, is I work at the courthouse and the city police garage is just a block away within sight!! what is the world coming to? I've been looking at vettes. Im just sick.

Last edited by cal_z; 12-27-2005 at 08:28 PM. Reason: add more
Old 12-27-2005, 08:34 PM
350Zum

That really sucks!!

I am so paranoid, my car stays in the garage all the time, and when I do drive her, she is rarely out of my sight.
Old 12-27-2005, 09:26 PM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn there are serious haters out there.... thats why i always pack some HEAT!!! haha
Old 12-27-2005, 09:26 PM
ac8024

I am sorry about your Z, and hope none of us has to suffer. I too have been keyed, but it was on the driver's side window. Luckily it came of after rubbing and scrubbing it hard with a wet towel. The scratched looked like a "Z" also, which means it was no accident. Never again have I parked on the closest spot to mall.

Has anyone got side door dents? I have lots big ones and small ones on both doors right on the style lines. It looks so annoying. Does anyone know how to repair them? Thanks
Old 12-27-2005, 11:32 PM
FlorendoCruz
Banned

i bet the poeple thats scratched ur car lives locally and u prolly know them. Its a shame hearing something like this. Makes u want to put cameras out of ur house or in the car. Keep ur head up.. The car can be fixed and no time. Just thank god u werent outside, that could have to led to something bad.

hospital
lawsuit
prison
etc./use ur imagination
Old 12-28-2005, 10:01 AM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

****ing people...a lot of the time they think the car costs way more than it does. People often think my car cost in upwards of $60k!!! Nice to know the car looks that good but damn, these cars really aren't all that expensive. Friends of mine drive cars that cost about the same or more but nobody hassles them about being *rich*. It's annoying as ****, and people are jealous of something that they don't have so they mess it up. I don't know what they think they've accomplished but they deserve a real good *** whooping.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:04 AM
NeoRacer_106

I think it depends where you live..here in Seattle the norms are expensive idiot beemers and SLKs the Z is the poor boy in town..
Old 12-28-2005, 10:07 AM
Anomaly

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

That does suck. Sorry to see that happen to ANY car.

Worst that's happened to my Z is I came out in the morning and found a chunk of tangerine on the hood. It didn't appear to be thrown but seemed like it was tossed or placed there. I asked the neighborhood kids about it and gave them a *warning* about ****ing with other peoples' hard earned property. Haven't had any trouble since.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:46 AM
cal_z

I have my car in the garage at home always, but as it is, I have to go to work. When they get you at work, what do you do? I will be getting it fixed but just as I have done on my previous 4 cars, I will be installing a perimeter alarm. I have had no problems when I have an alarm, but I didn't think I would need one now. I guess I was wrong. I still look at it as a blessing because I keep the heat in the car and if I was out there I may have been in more trouble then, than the way things turned out.
I got an estimate from one of Paducah's finest body shops, and it comes up to about $650. Just slightly over the deductable. It won't be worth the claim. If they had just done the whole car,..... Maybe not. (God make my enemies my stepping stones)
Old 12-28-2005, 12:13 PM
beaunewcomb

You say you get along with most people pretty well, and didn't cause anyone to be personally mad at you.

Remember that guy who was standing in the corner by himself at that last party you were at? the one who ****s with everyone and is an overall jackass when he isn't watching everyone else enjoy life?

Yeah it was him.. probably never even talked to him, but he's jealous and neglected by his parents so he'll never have anything worthwhile. HE knows that so he ****ed up your richboy car.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:16 AM
blakhaus

I don't understand why people think that your rich or something when you drive a Z. Those big SUV's that everybody and their dog drives cost more to buy and operate than my little 06 Enthusiast in Magnetic Black. We all make choices in life on what we want to drive.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:23 AM
XtaZee

That really sucks but look at the bright side, now you can get a QUALITY paint job to replace the pathetic exccuse Nissan did for the car.
Old 12-19-2006, 11:00 AM
tcn75

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got keyed today also, getting out from a rest. for lunch, there was a deep long line on passenger rear panel. wtf
Old 12-19-2006, 11:53 AM
infamous350

wow this gets me so angry i know i take pride and love my car and work hard to pay for it not all of us z guys are rich alot of them are rich *******s who deserve soemthing like that lol but most of them arent i would be devistated if someone did that to my car i wish the best to you on the repair go to the best place u can go when all said and done ull have a fresh lookin z i remember i back mines in the bumper it suksed but whne i got it fixed looked twice as good as whne i bought it sry for the grammar best of luk
Old 12-20-2006, 04:30 AM
doublins

Why on earth would you "deserve" something like that simply because you have more money than someone else? Did you know that only about 30% of new millionaires acquire wealth through inheritence? The other 70% do it the old-fashioned way- working, saving, and investing. What the hell makes someone "more deserving" of having their car keyed just because they are, in your eyes, "rich?"

Everything is relative, and everyone, rich or poor, feels the same when something like that happens to their car. Because many states REQUIRE insurance by law, rich or poor, the cost of repairs (mostly paid by insurance) is not what hurts. It is the feeling of violation that comes with some random ignorant ******* destroying your personal property that hurts.

Grow up.

-Chris

Originally Posted by infamous350
not all of us z guys are rich alot of them are rich *******s who deserve soemthing like that lol but most of them arent
Old 12-20-2006, 04:49 AM
DustinZ33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear about all those idiots keying your cars. i would most probably kill someone. well i wouldn't kill them but i would bring them real close to death so they suffer horribly for the stupid things they did.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:20 AM
stein

Originally Posted by Santacruzslick
****ing people...a lot of the time they think the car costs way more than it does. People often think my car cost in upwards of $60k!!! Nice to know the car looks that good but damn, these cars really aren't all that expensive. ...
One reason is in Need for Speed Carbon the Z cost 70k! I seen that and I though yeah right! I had to explain to my 12 yo it didn't cost 70k since he made the comment about I should have no problem getting him a civic when he's 16.
Old 12-20-2006, 06:51 AM
gismo

yeah, you should gut those ****'s like a fish.
Old 12-20-2006, 01:56 PM
dkorr

Originally Posted by NeoRacer_106
I think it depends where you live..here in Seattle the norms are expensive idiot beemers and SLKs the Z is the poor boy in town..
... then i guess you havent seen this thread https://my350z.com/forum/north-west/230892-got-keyed.html

no city is safe from haters...

Quick Reply: Another Key victim