Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Nissan gave me a big fat BONE!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 11:04 PM
Omega_Rains

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan gave me a big fat BONE!!

My lease is up on my current car in a week. The Chrome silver 350z I odrered in late September will not arrive till april or May. My dealer & most of the dealers in my area are jacking up the price on the 350z 5k-10k there still doing it, here in Michigan. I think since it has been voted car of the year more people well find themselves minus a car due to greedy dealers. I contacted Nissan North America, they had told me each of our dealers is privately owned and operated-and thay have no control over what they do. Nissan North America also informed me it isn't "not my car it's theres", until I take delivery and sign the papers. Even though I ordered this car 6 months in advance and put a 1k deposit on it. The dealer tried and located me another car from a diffrent dealer a Chrome silver with Frost Interrior, but I just dont like the color combination plus it's also an extra 70.00 a month. My dealer has a Murano demo with 2k on it the are offering a great deal on and I really did not want to buy a beater for winter driving. I am just sick of the BS with Nissan, the 350z may end up as the 300zx did in the gutter. people got sick of the high prices and the crap they had to go through for this car 10 years ago, and Nissan has not learned a frcking thing from that. they almost went under because of there business practices, and now after creating 2 winners!! The 305z and Murano there headed in the same direction. This is my first import and my very well be my last after the BS I had just went through. As far as im concerned the Murano is more practical for winter driving here in Michigan. And I have had all I can take of this 350z and I don't even own the sucker. I understand there are worst horror storries out there, but this is just BS.

Good Luck to all of you pre orders out there.
Old 01-08-2003, 11:23 PM
spf4000

Just call around and pit dealers against each other for your business. That's what I did, and I was able to get the car for under MSRP in California (the mecca of marked-up cars). Just call one up at the end of the month and get their best offer, which will most likely be MSRP or 500 over). Then, call up another dealership in the area with a similar car and tell them what the other dealership is willing to do. If you are really intent on buying the car, sales people will notice and treat you seriously. Tell them that you will buy the car that day if they give you a good deal.
Old 01-09-2003, 04:55 AM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

There was a post from a dealer near Detroit right around Christmas that was selling a couple of cancelled pre-orders for around $1500 under MSRP. You might want to search around the Classifieds, and see if he has anything like you are looking for.
Old 01-09-2003, 04:55 AM
OtownZ

Nissan is going to great lengths to ensure everything goes well with the 350Z. They are being insane about making sure there are no bugs (or as few as possible). From a dealer perspective, as soon as you buy a Z you get a call from Gallup and you take a survey on the dealer service. Then JD Power sends you a longer more detailed survey in the mail. I know the dealers that this stuff VERY seriously.

I agree with spf. My dealer delayed my Z and I was without a car. I called every dealer within 200 miles and believe me, there is someone out there who will sell you the car. I liked my dealer and told them I found someone who could get me a car sooner-- two days later I was driving my new Z from the original dealer and didn't pay a dime more.

If your dealer thinks you are gonna walk, they'll wake up. If they don't then you probably shouldn't be buying from them.

BTW: I paid sticker. When I told other dealers my situation they were willing to back off of their markups.

Last edited by OtownZ; 01-09-2003 at 05:02 AM.
Old 01-09-2003, 07:39 AM
mickey

Default Murano and 350Z are both nice vehicles

Omega...sorry to hear your frustration, with your lease up shortly, it certainly does not put you in an advantageous position. Trying finding a desire car within short period of time is always hard, and dealer will certainly take advantage of that if they knew.
Have you checked the dealer inventory thru www.nissanusa.com
Like MannishBoy posted, there are some touring model selling for $32,000. Again with these existing vehicles, you may not get your exact option match.
With you in Michigan, I am not sure how will you drive it in the winter. I mean you could if have to, but will be very cumbersome. I have a Z32TT and stores it during winter, drives a Taurus for winter commute. If you do decide to go for 350Z, recommend having a winter car to complement it....price to pay for being in a snowing state.
You mentioned about the "BS" that you went thru with 350Z, I am not clear? BS about price jack up? or something else? I am curious because I wil be in the market for 350Z...could be thru preorder or thru existing dealer vehicle, so your experience with help me greatly.
BTW, are you near Ann Arbor?

Good luck with your vehicle purchase, the Murano and 350Z are both nice vehicles and the quality of these import should be more impressive than the dealers that are delivering it.

Regards,
Mickey
Old 01-09-2003, 07:54 AM
justwant1

Omega_Rains

Sorry to hear about your frustrations. I completely understand. One thing however, you did not pre-order your Z, it was a regular order, the pre-order program ended in June, therefore, Nissan USA has no leverage against the dealers. I would do as others have suggested, look for another dealer via the on-line inventory and find one you like. Chances are you will find one and they will sell it to you for MSRP. I know there are dealers here in the Chicago area that are still selling at MSRP. Good luck finding the car you want.