Got my Winter Issue of Sport Z

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2005, 10:16 AM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Netko350Z]Hey Bob....

You do all the production work on SZM in house?

Yes, associate publisher Art Singer does all the graphic design work and Dave Bexfield is the editor-in-chief. Art and Dave also own their own businesses; I own two. Art's design company is Square One Design and Dave's company is Dave the Writer. My printing company (as told to you last week) is Canyon Creek Productions. Our three product editors and very talented writers work out of their home offices. Art, Dave and I also write for the mag and our copy editor (contract) does the final editing. When I sigh off the color proofs, we begin the process of putting ink on paper.

My son Brian is our PhotoShop color genius. When he was a scanner back in the day ($350,000 scanners, remember), he was know by many as the best in the land. He was recruited by production shops from all parts of the country; he mostly stayed put. Brian is a radiology dude now and has been with us part time for four years.

Our director of advertising, Mike Smith, works out of his house in Oregon and our circulation maven Lita Singer does the same in Albuquerque. Since I live in Larkspur, Colorado and they don't; things are peaceful for all of us.

My wife works as a production mamager for a magazine and does all the lay-out, cover creation, advertisement placement, photoshop...the whole thing!! Even FTP's the magazine to the printer.

I'll let Art know of this. Art, Dave and I work very long hours and he may need some help one day down the road.

BTW, Art, Dave and I wear many hats and we often have a dozen happenings going on simultaneously. There are times we wish we had more staff, but I can't afford it.

Bob

QUOTE]

Last edited by publisher; 12-21-2005 at 11:17 AM.
Old 12-21-2005, 11:16 AM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally Posted by Joeys_z
So who was the top dog in the shootout????
We take MasterCard, Visa and personal checks. Get into the holiday spirit, pony up some jack.

Ho, ho, ho joeys_z

Bob
Old 12-21-2005, 04:32 PM
ShadyJC

Originally Posted by ShadyJC
Not yet, 91702 in the San Gabriel Valley.
Whoops, spoke too soon. Came home tonight to find it in the mail! And my letter on page 10 and pics of my car on page 12! Sorry to hear that no coverage of the FX platform is planned, I'll still be eagerly awaiting each issue!
Old 12-21-2005, 04:42 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally Posted by ShadyJC
Whoops, spoke too soon. Came home tonight to find it in the mail! And my letter on page 10 and pics of my car on page 12! Sorry to hear that no coverage of the FX platform is planned, I'll still be eagerly awaiting each issue!
So you're the FX coronary dude.

Hope you enjoyed our presentation ShadyJC.

Bob
Old 12-21-2005, 04:52 PM
03performz

I had the wife order me a subsrip. for Christmas...I was eagerly awaiting my issue until I read your posts. Now I'm just straight up anxiously awaiting my first ever issue.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:11 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally Posted by 03performz
I had the wife order me a subsrip. for Christmas...I was eagerly awaiting my issue until I read your posts. Now I'm just straight up anxiously awaiting my first ever issue.
03performz, you may want to go back and read ALL my recent posts. I cannot control the USPS, but everything else is covered. We are sending "late" winter orders first class mail at our expense. If your order fell into that catagory, you'll see your issue soon. BTW, you may want to look at the "happy subscriber posts. If it can be done, we'll make it so.

To be sure, email me your data at publisher@sportzmagazine.com and I'll check your order.

BTW during this time of the year anxious is good. It's Christmas time isn't it?

I await your response.

Bob

Last edited by publisher; 12-21-2005 at 05:14 PM.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:21 PM
03performz

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by publisher
03performz, you may want to go back and read ALL my recent posts. I cannot control the USPS, but everything else is covered. We are sending "late" winter orders first class mail at our expense. If your order fell into that catagory, you'll see your issue soon. BTW, you may want to look at the "happy subscriber posts. If it can be done, we'll make it so.

To be sure, email me your data at publisher@sportzmagazine.com and I'll check your order.

BTW during this time of the year anxious is good. It's Christmas time isn't it?

I await your response.

Bob
I think you might be misunderstanding me..I wasn't complaining, I was trying to express how excited I am. Sorry for the miscommunication.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:38 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

[QUOTE=03performz]I think you might be misunderstanding me..I wasn't complaining, I was trying to express how excited I am.

I knew that, I was just trying to bring you up to date (trying too hard to inform).

Sorry for the miscommunication.

No miscommunication 03performz. Forgive me, I have the tendency of over-explaining things trying to cover all bases. Key-stroke diarrhea.

Bob
Old 12-21-2005, 05:39 PM
ShadyJC

Originally Posted by publisher
So you're the FX coronary dude.

Hope you enjoyed our presentation ShadyJC.
Ha ha, yes, I am the one loudmouth FX owner.... as for giving readers a coronary, aren't our cars supposed to inspire strong feelings?!? The FX does stir the soul... and that's more than I can say for the vast majority of other cars on the market today.
Old 12-21-2005, 05:57 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

[QUOTE=ShadyJC]as for giving readers a coronary, aren't our cars supposed to inspire strong feelings?!?

Absolutely. However, death may be taking it a little too far.

Bob
Old 12-22-2005, 05:36 AM
mcduck

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another great issue... ZDayZ advertised so I got a few direct copies, but my subscription copy arrived just a few days later (last Saturday)!

I cannot express what a great job Bob and his crew do putting together this magazine. They do a good job of covering all generations of Zs and always have entertaining articles to read. They also do a lot to support the Z community.

If you don't have a subscription already, you really should. The cost for one year subscription is probably less than you would spend having dinner and a beer out with your buddies one night.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:40 AM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally Posted by mcduck
Another great issue... ZDayZ advertised so I got a few direct copies, but my subscription copy arrived just a few days later (last Saturday)!

I cannot express what a great job Bob and his crew do putting together this magazine. They do a good job of covering all generations of Zs and always have entertaining articles to read. They also do a lot to support the Z community.

If you don't have a subscription already, you really should. The cost for one year subscription is probably less than you would spend having dinner and a beer out with your buddies one night.
I'm humbled ZdayZ leader. Thank you from all of us at Sport Z Magazine.com.

Merry Christmas Andy,

Bob
Old 12-22-2005, 02:28 PM
Netko350Z

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

So I hear there is no more deals where you can get a Premier Membership on my350z.com and the subscription to SZM.

So I decided to just renew SZM!!! ...and pass on the membership.
Old 12-22-2005, 04:37 PM
andrew

Got my issue in today's mail!!! Thanks BOB and Merry Christmas!
Old 12-24-2005, 01:23 PM
Sly_Z

Got mine today, the day before Christmas
Old 12-31-2005, 06:50 PM
dimebagdolf

Just got mine.

This magazine just keeps getting better and better.
Old 01-01-2006, 06:45 AM
ZPirate

Received 26 Likes on 9 Posts

I wish I had mine, but my Z club still hasn't received its allotment of magazines from Sport Z. Seems like we don't get our magazines until about 3 or 4 weeks after the issue comes out. I guess I need to go back to subscribing directly with Sport Z if I want to get the magazine in a timely fashion. BTW we buy the issues from our club when they come in so we don't get the for free or as part of our dues.

Problem is in order for the Club to be some kind of special member every club member has to subscribe to Sport Z as part of the club membership. Some of my club members don't want it so we don't make it mandatory. Therefore the club gets a certain number of magazines sent to it for a specific price then the members buy it from the Club. Not the ideal way, but the only other option Sport Z offers clubs. Like I said I guess I will have to go back to being a regular subscriber.
Old 01-01-2006, 02:18 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally Posted by dimebagdolf
Just got mine.

This magazine just keeps getting better and better.
Thank you from all of us at SZM.

Bob
Sport Z Publisher
Old 01-01-2006, 02:27 PM
rs350z

Got mine love it!
Old 01-01-2006, 03:43 PM
publisher
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Originally Posted by ZPirate
I wish I had mine, but my Z club still hasn't received its allotment of magazines from Sport Z. Seems like we don't get our magazines until about 3 or 4 weeks after the issue comes out. I guess I need to go back to subscribing directly with Sport Z if I want to get the magazine in a timely fashion. BTW we buy the issues from our club when they come in so we don't get the for free or as part of our dues.

Problem is in order for the Club to be some kind of special member every club member has to subscribe to Sport Z as part of the club membership. Some of my club members don't want it so we don't make it mandatory. Therefore the club gets a certain number of magazines sent to it for a specific price then the members buy it from the Club. Not the ideal way, but the only other option Sport Z offers clubs. Like I said I guess I will have to go back to being a regular subscriber.
I will advise Art Singer, associate publisher and Partner Club maven to look into this.

As I see it:

If your club becomes a Partner Club with SZM, you are to receive your first issue when our next issue hits the mail. (Winter 2005/2006 mailed on December 7, 2005). I believe we only offer one type of membership NOW. As I understand it, if your club votes (or it never comes to vote) us down for full membership, you are not a SZM Partner Club member. I believe Art is currently working to bring up all clubs to the one level we offer now.

BTW1, until we began the Sport Z Partner Clubs program, only 18% (as best we could tell) of the Z Car Club members in the USA were subscribers to SZM. At the two year mark, I shook my head in amazement; if the real Z car enthusiasts (club members) don't support us, what chance did we have of long-time survivial? Well, that was three years ago and we're still here. Oh yeah, our Partner Club program has successfully brought Z Club members subscriptions up considerably --- Thank you.

BTW2, I believe we are up to 25 or 26 Z Car Clubs that are Partner Clubs. If you belong to a club that is not a Partner Club with SZM, bring it up at your next meeting and make it so.

We began our sixth year with the mailing of the Winter 2005/2006 issue and we need your support more than ever. Our Z and G magazine is without comparison; our quality, our content, our service --- unequaled (IMHO).

We need your support.

Pass it on!

Bob
Publisher
Sport Z Magazine

Last edited by publisher; 01-01-2006 at 04:28 PM.

Quick Reply: Got my Winter Issue of Sport Z