Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Potential Rip-off by Forum member... what to do

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 11:36 AM
battles2a5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Potential Rip-off by Forum member... what to do

Hey all. Hate to have to post this, but I think I may have gotten ripped off on this forum. I will be as generic as possible around the details until I know for sure, but wanted to get some advice here before proceeding.

So basically answered a post about a part for sale, negotiated and agreed upon a shipped price. I paid IMMEDIATELY via Paypal over a week ago. Since then I have sent 4 emails, only one of which was answered. When he did answer, about five days ago, he said he was out of town and had to work the next couple of days and should on Monday (yesterday). I have continually asked for shipping conf. but have not received anything. Sent him another email last night requesting the same, no response. Finanlly sent one more email asking for a refund since the thing is obviously not getting shipped anytime soon.

Anyone had to deal with this sort of thing before? How did you go about getting refunded. Can this be reported through Paypal?

If this turns out to be a rip-off I will post more details (screen name, item, etc.) to make sure this doesn't happen to anyone else. I just want to give the guy the benefit of the doubt in case he does live up to his end of the bargain. Personally, I think this is bull***t.

Last edited by battles2a5; 01-10-2006 at 11:54 AM.
Old 01-10-2006, 11:40 AM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Give it a few more days, then post his screen name. Also use the trader ratings!
Old 01-10-2006, 11:42 AM
southern_info

That's ashame man and I feel your pain. Playing with somebody's money is like playing with their emotions. There's no way in hell will I pay for a product and the product comes to me at their leisure. That's a big hell NO! I hope everything works out for you and good luck Bro!
Old 01-10-2006, 11:49 AM
Z'd Up

With the information you provided, it's too early to tell. Yes, the seller could have communicated with you better. The seller could be really busy.
I'd wait a till tomorrow for a response (shipping confirmation) until asking for your money back. With the later action, aren't you supposed to go to PayPal or the card company for you money back? Good luck, hope the transaction goes through...
Old 01-10-2006, 01:10 PM
ericjackson

yeah, paypal will give you your money back
Old 01-10-2006, 01:12 PM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

More time needed but length depends on amount of $$$$ involved. For a couple hundred bucks, I'd wait. If into 4 digits, less time.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:32 PM
DOHC

Cool

PayPal will only give you your money back:

1) if there are enough funds in the other guy's PayPal account to cover your claim;

2) after you have followed their suggestions to resolve the issue by other means. This means waiting a certain length of time....check their site for details.

It is not a foolproof solution by any means but there is a better chance of getting your money back than with cash. If you paid by credit card it might be possible to have the card company withhold funds - but then you're fooling with PayPal's money and they may not like that...

Hopefully the guy will come through after a big sob story. Buying a lot on eBay you hear all the sad stories - my grandmother died, I've been in the hospital, my car doesn't work, my dog is sick, I developed a rash, the weather has been too bad to go to the PO.....I've actually heard all of these - unbelieveable.
Old 01-10-2006, 01:50 PM
hide187

Paypal gives people thrity days to come correct once you bring it to their attention. Done this twice with proper end results
Old 01-10-2006, 01:58 PM
nissansource

honestly paypal will give you the money back and neg balance his account and shut it down temp till he fixes the dispute. I know i have delt with paypal many times. dont let it go past 30 days
Old 01-10-2006, 02:50 PM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nissansource
honestly paypal will give you the money back and neg balance his account and shut it down temp till he fixes the dispute. I know i have delt with paypal many times. dont let it go past 30 days
I sold some software disks to someone and they paid via PayPal. 6 months later they disputed the sale saying that the software was not what they expected. PayPal ruled for them and I had to refund the money. I asked PayPal about the disks and they simply replied that I might want to contact the buyer to try to get them back.
Old 01-10-2006, 02:51 PM
SpeedRcr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats such bs...i hate people like that...