Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Diminished Value claim due to accident damage?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2006, 04:43 PM
jclayton

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Diminished Value claim due to accident damage?

Has anyone had a diminished value claim against an insurance company? They finally came up with a repair estimate for my Z about 1/3 of value of car, so not enough to total it but I think enough to try to apply diminished value if possible. I would like to find out the best procedure for this claim if possible, Florida law does not preclude the claim but I don't know if it can be sucessfully pushed.
Old 02-10-2006, 04:59 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I think you need a lawyer.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:09 PM
z3r0hunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its called gap insurance that you get with NISSAN when you get your Z. it only cost me $5 a month extra.
Yes insurance companies suck big fat D|CK.
They are all scams, and I cant wait till the goverment steps in and regulates them.
Old 02-11-2006, 03:45 AM
SpeedRcr

did u have panel damage or was there frame damage...usually if there is frame damage then getting a claim is alot easier...they have people who do the diminished value appraisal but they charge...but you can get that money back once you get your claim approved
Old 02-11-2006, 06:38 AM
bigplayray

Originally Posted by jclayton
Has anyone had a diminished value claim against an insurance company? They finally came up with a repair estimate for my Z about 1/3 of value of car, so not enough to total it but I think enough to try to apply diminished value if possible. I would like to find out the best procedure for this claim if possible, Florida law does not preclude the claim but I don't know if it can be sucessfully pushed.
you should have bought the gap insurance......if the wreck was not your fault get a lawyer and file for damages above what their insurance would cover. if you are in an accident the car is damaged for life "no" matter how big or small cause the vin# will always show that the car has been wrecked. get it fixed and take a loss. sell it or trade it off. if you sell it yourself just hope the buyer dosen't asked if it's been wrecked. cause it's different when you buy a car from a dealer (they have to disclose thats it's been wrecked). you don't
Old 02-11-2006, 06:43 AM
rmesola

regarding your original question... only way you can claim diminished value is with a lawyer....
Old 02-11-2006, 07:21 AM
NismoNitsuj

I'm glad I never dealt with diminished value, cus it's such a stupid rule. I agree that if the accident wasn't your fault, get the other guy's company to pay for it. Not only can you get loss of use, but you can generally get a little more out of them. Also, no insurance company is afraid of a lawyer. They have teams of them.

btw, the government does regulate insurance companies, it's called the DOI.
Old 02-11-2006, 03:48 PM
jclayton

I bought Gap Insurance but the damage is not enough to total the car. There is frame damage and to the roof and the driver side quarter panel and rear bumper etc etc etc rear ended by fully loaded tractor trailer.
Old 02-11-2006, 04:12 PM
juliosuburban

Originally Posted by z3r0hunter
Its called gap insurance that you get with NISSAN when you get your Z. it only cost me $5 a month extra.
Yes insurance companies suck big fat D|CK.
They are all scams, and I cant wait till the goverment steps in and regulates them.
It will never happen. Insurance companies in Boston run like a government and very close to them. I deal with them daily, and they get away with alot of ****. You think your covered for 30 days on your rental, if repairs are longer than expected? WRONG. Most insurance companies as of late last year have now limited the days. Say it only takes one day to repair damage to your Z, and it takes the shop five, they'll make you pay five. See all the time. Get use to it, or get evidence, the scams are here to stay. +1
Old 02-11-2006, 04:32 PM
BENJ-AMG
Banned

Yes. I got a check for Diminished Value after my Z was rearended by a drunk back in 04. Research it through your insurance. I don't think all states participate but check and see.