Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

New habits because you own a Z....

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 09:42 AM
ZZ33bOI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

~I make sure i hear that Alarm HORN couple times and make sure its LOCKED... since my other car got jacked...hahaha
~i get to "WOOOOOO" at other girls more often...or i get the "HEeyYYYy" a lot hahaha from other girls...
~always be lookin coo when i drive hahah and when i step out..gotta make sure i got MY STUNNA's ON! GOLd ones aND i cant Go WRONG!!!
Old 02-22-2006, 10:44 AM
tropicalypso

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have noticed that my friends are modding their cars to be faster
Old 02-22-2006, 11:20 AM
buho62

Originally Posted by toddius
You can rest easy Blurr, I've deliberately driven like a maniac for one tanks of gas and very conservatively for the next to test this -- 21 MPG like a maniac and 23 MPG like a grandpa (calculated on paper, not by the Z's mechanism). Not much to be gained from driving conservatively (at least not, gas-consumption-wise...)
How do you get 21 MPG driving like a maniac??

When I drive like a maniac I get 16.x MPG when I drive like grandpa I get like 19 MPG

I use 91 Octane gas and no mods.

....Back to topic:

I fishtail out of my neighborhood in the morning while going to work as well as fishtail while getting out of the parking lot at work.

I try to avoid slipping the clutch as much as I can after the horror stories about clutch worn out in less than 5k miles with warranty not covering it

I try to see how long it takes to get the passenger scared while cornering.

I park on the lowest level parking at work (where almost nobody else does)

I have to argue with my g/f all the time because she says that I spend more time cleaning my car than I spend time with her!

When I see pedestrians walking the opposite way I am driving, I floor it to red line and watch my mirror how they are all walking and looking back

Im a ***** when it comes to people touching the car while "looking" at it (you dont touch to "look" unless you are blind)

I'm obsessed with my plates that say Z33
Old 02-22-2006, 12:03 PM
jamnew

1.Drive with music turned down, exhaust music is sweeter.

2.Smile and look straight ahead when next to civics with loud exhaust

3.Any temp above 32 degrees is good car washing weather

4.Banned all smoking and eating in the Z
Old 02-22-2006, 12:13 PM
rayzzee

i pay more attention to my z than my wife ( she claims)
i try not to look at others in their cars looking at mine.. it distracting
i spend alot of money at the coin wash (winter)
i hit the gas under overpasses
i drive faster..only cause i can
no smoking or eating
Old 02-22-2006, 06:35 PM
curnaco

Yeah....how do you get 21 driving like a maniac??? Sometimes I get 10.8mpg when driving pretty spirited.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:13 PM
juliosuburban

Originally Posted by imseksy
i lower the windows just as i start my engine, so i can hear the exhausts =)
+1, I love when the rpm's rise, the sound of the exhaust, I drive down freeways sometimes with my head out the window
Old 02-22-2006, 07:43 PM
PhreeZe

* Make sure the seat is slanted all the way back and flex my left arm when holding on to the steering wheel

* Rev match when parking my car

Haha seriously though....

* Keep my foot on the throttle when the rear end kicks out

Thats about it.

Jason
Old 02-22-2006, 08:26 PM
A. Hubbard

I park in the very last spot in the parking lot and then park crooked as to not get my doors dinged! Then without fail someone always parks next to my Z!!
Old 02-22-2006, 09:05 PM
shezzzhot
Abzolutely Zexy

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by juliosuburban
+1, I love when the rpm's rise, the sound of the exhaust, I drive down freeways sometimes with my head out the window

Oh yeah baby!!
Old 02-22-2006, 09:44 PM
june

Originally Posted by shezzzhot
I've always considered myself a cautious driver. But I've noticed that since I've purchased the Z, I am VERY aware of many different things that I now do that I never did or even cared about in my other cars.

My small list of altered habits:

1. I notice curbs and steer wide so I don't rash my rims!
2. I will go out of my way to stay off of roads with pot holes!
3. I park very, very carefully and do a full walk around before I
leave the spot!
4. I will go across town to the other Zaxby's to get food just to
drive my Z longer!
5. After two years I still talk to the car..."Hi Z, how are
you?" "Ready to go for a drive?" LMAO
6. Look back when I park to see how sexy my Z is!
7. TRACK MY CAR!!! Never dawned on me to do this in any other
car I owned.
8. Modding! Z has a wardrobe!!!

Okay what are your altered habits?
1. I have a 35th anniversary Radio Shack Super Sound 350Z hanging from my rear view mirror, for those moments when; I'm in heavy commuter traffic and I begin to forget what it would be like to be able to shift into 2nd gear.
2. I am reminded three or more times per week that I should not park too close to the curb in front of me...but do I ever learn? not!
3. I learned what torque is: It is something that seems to automatically take control when the light turns green.
4. I learned that it is not a good thing to press down on the clutch too quickly while shifting into 2nd gear on the entrance ramp to the freeway on rainy days when I am driving my Altima automatic.
5. I discovered that if I have to check the oil level, I would have to hire a mechanic to find the stick (it is not just a stick-it is a convoluted and flexible thingy that only a lunatic would think up), pull it out, and get the stupid thing back into that tiny little hole that is probably located in one of the remotest places in the Universe.
6. Penny for your thoughts ...cars generally come in three sizes; Luxury, midsize, and compact, of which I have gotten "in" and "out of" any one of them fairly easily. What ever drove me to that level of insanity buying a Z without thinking about how do I get in and out while wearing a dress or a short skirt????
7. I no longer worry about getting dings in the door panels. I worry about when I'm parked on a hill and forget to put the car in "park". Those little dings are nothing compared to sideswiping another parked car, or running over your next door neighbor's pet chihuahua.
8. Despite all my grievances with my Z, I am falling in love with it. Once I am inside it, hear the start of the motor, rev it up, and shift into gear, I'm just plain old gone..........................Attachment 97328

June
Attachment 97329

Last edited by june; 02-22-2006 at 10:01 PM.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:06 AM
lilaznxboi08

I FLOOR IT EVERYWHERE. i couldnt do that on my lexus ls before. and its so fun i love it especially because i also have a custom exhaust.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:05 AM
ZRiCaN

Originally Posted by tropicalypso
I have noticed that my friends are modding their cars to be faster
Old 02-23-2006, 05:57 AM
shezzzhot
Abzolutely Zexy

Originally Posted by june
6. Penny for your thoughts ...cars generally come in three sizes; Luxury, midsize, and compact, of which I have gotten "in" and "out of" any one of them fairly easily. What ever drove me to that level of insanity buying a Z without thinking about how do I get in and out while wearing a dress or a short skirt????
7. I no longer worry about getting dings in the door panels. I worry about when I'm parked on a hill and forget to put the car in "park". Those little dings are nothing compared to sideswiping another parked car, or running over your next door neighbor's pet chihuahua...Attachment 97328

June
Attachment 97329

LMAO...I agree June!! I wore a skirt and heels one day and had to figure out quickly a decent way to exit my Z...Parking brake....so very Important!! I have no hills to wrry about and I always leave it in a gear so that helps if I forget....they will roll on our (so called) flat ground here!!

The flow of this thread is awesome!! Keep it up everyone, I really enjoy LOL at some and shaking my head at others that I know I do just didn't realize it....although I haven't looked for this dip stick yet, now I'm curious!!
Old 02-23-2006, 06:00 AM
shezzzhot
Abzolutely Zexy

Originally Posted by thekinn
It's winter time.. and I think I've hand washed my new Z at home more than I ever washed my '96 Sebring (i live in Michigan..yes.. I'm close to crazy)

I do drive out of the way for simple errands... cuz I just love driving her.

I quit smoking about 3 weeks before the car arrived from Japan. I smoked for 9 out of the last 10 years. I'll never smoke again.
I'll never eat in my Z... not until she's all banged up at least.

I get a little more pissed at other people who drive too closely either on sides or behind me.

I am, once again, a parking master. And yes.. I park way in the back of the lot - or away from everyone else..leaving many open spaces all around me..and never closer than a foot away from the parking block.

I show appreciation for other's enthusiastic reactions to my car.

I enjoy driving more than I ever have in 15 years. I'm 31..started driving at 16. I love this machine. I love my Veronica.

'06 Lemans Sunset Enthusiast

CONGRATS on ditching the cigs!! Best mod ever: No Smoking!!
Old 02-23-2006, 07:14 AM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I post on a forum now.

Originally Posted by shezzzhot
Okay what are your altered habits?
Old 02-23-2006, 07:47 AM
BENSIN

I stopped masturbating.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:52 AM
ZZ33bOI

Old 02-23-2006, 10:27 AM
Juno

Originally Posted by ZlleH
I post on a forum now.
Me to! LOL - With all of my previous cars I was just a lurker.

And now a question for the ladies: Is it just me, or is the Z REALLY hard to drive in heels? (I'm talking about MT here, not auto!!!) I never really had a problem with my other MT cars, but I do with the Z. Or maybe I'm just more paranoid about popping the Z's clutch because of all the people with replaced trannies. Luckily, I don't need to wear heels very often.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:53 AM
Impactpeople

Originally Posted by ZZ33bOI
~I make sure i hear that Alarm HORN couple times and make sure its LOCKED... since my other car got jacked...hahaha
~i get to "WOOOOOO" at other girls more often...or i get the "HEeyYYYy" a lot hahaha from other girls...
~always be lookin coo when i drive hahah and when i step out..gotta make sure i got MY STUNNA's ON! GOLd ones aND i cant Go WRONG!!!
Hella got to have your grown man on! white T w/ the stunna shades on... now watch em' swang watch em' swang! LOL

Quick Reply: New habits because you own a Z....