Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

big disaster / Drink in the car

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 09:08 AM
loquitoy2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry big disaster / Drink in the car

Hello all! Let me tell you my story. Today I decided to pick up some food at chic fillet and bring it to work, I also bought a big drink with it, I placed my drink in the drink holder in the middle console and on the holder next to it I put my phone and my Bluetooth headset. When I get to work I see that the cup had a hole and the two compartments were full of sweet ice tea!!!!!!!!! My phone and my headset are destroyed, but I’m more worried about my week old car. It looks like some of the tea went inside under the middle console. So I need your help! Should I open the whole thing and clean it? Or you think I will be safe by just letting it dry????/
Old 03-03-2006, 09:19 AM
ZZ33bOI

clean it! or esle its gonna be sticky...dont just let it dry...u should open it and clean it..
Old 03-03-2006, 09:22 AM
loquitoy2k

Originally Posted by ZZ33bOI
clean it! or esle its gonna be sticky...dont just let it dry...u should open it and clean it..

I cleaned it as much as I could, but do you think I should take the middle console apart and clean it under it? or should be ok?
Old 03-03-2006, 09:46 AM
JETPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Respect
JET
Old 03-03-2006, 09:50 AM
hurahn

I would but that's me. If you're gonna be bringing home food I'd skip the drink.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:45 AM
MeetJoeAsian

If I ever go pick up food, I will always refuse to carry the drinks in my car...if it doesn't have a tight cap, I won't allow it in my car...when I goto starbux, get the medium size and pour it into the large cup, to make sure it doesn't splash (an advice on coffee cup/lid in your car, always face the mouth piece where you drink out of towards the front, otherwise, when you take off or brake, it will splash.....

another advice is ummm...don't drink SWEETENED tea...hahaha....won't be so sticky...haha
Old 03-03-2006, 10:57 AM
loquitoy2k

Thank you for the advice!!! I just went to the car and took the two screws under the center console and lifted up a bit. Everything seems to be dry over there. Is hard to see because the console is still attached to the front. But as far as I can see is dry so I'm not going to worry about it! I cleaned the center console really nice so it looks like new again. I guess is time for a new phone! I was thinking a black rzr....... and a new Bluetooth headset too!!!!!!
Old 03-03-2006, 11:10 AM
jamnew

Originally Posted by loquitoy2k
Thank you for the advice!!! I just went to the car and took the two screws under the center console and lifted up a bit. Everything seems to be dry over there. Is hard to see because the console is still attached to the front. But as far as I can see is dry so I'm not going to worry about it! I cleaned the center console really nice so it looks like new again. I guess is time for a new phone! I was thinking a black rzr....... and a new Bluetooth headset too!!!!!!

Try the Nissan Cargo Net-Performance Nissan-$30.00-holds your drink and food in place until you get home.

http://performancenissanparts.com/ca...roducts_id=411
Old 03-03-2006, 12:58 PM
03track

i spilled coffee all over the radio once and to this day my presets still stick.....i couldn't really clean it cause it was in the face of the radio......clean it as best you can.

my new rule: no food and beverage in the car kids
Old 03-03-2006, 01:01 PM
slaponte

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I carried a Starbucks tall latte (double shot) once on the holder. With a lid, through the tiny hole, drops squirt out and ladn right on the Bose!

So no drinks after that.

Also, if you have power seats, be carefull of spills on the buttons...
Old 03-03-2006, 01:02 PM
HighwaySpeed

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 03track
my new rule: no food, no beverage, no kids in the car

+1
Old 03-03-2006, 01:02 PM
firulice

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i spilled coffee all over the radio once and to this day my presets still stick.....i couldn't really clean it cause it was in the face of the radio......clean it as best you can.

Take your car to your local dealership and tell them your cd player skips when it's cold. This is a common problem and they will swap it for you. Walla! no more sticky!
Old 03-03-2006, 01:20 PM
Z_Driver
Master

You can use electronic cleaner that you get at Radio Shack and a small soft animal hair brush to fix that. If you didn't know....

You'll only see water in my Z. Or, a can that's closed for the rest stop.
Old 03-03-2006, 01:29 PM
noodleman

yup, only bottled drinks allowed in the car! though i have been brave everyonce in a while with fast food drinks...
Old 03-03-2006, 01:34 PM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ZZ33bOI
Agree. Tea generally has sugar and it will make a sticky mess. The console is easy to take apart and clean.

Any tea in the carpet?
Old 03-03-2006, 01:40 PM
loquitoy2k

Originally Posted by davidv
Agree. Tea generally has sugar and it will make a sticky mess. The console is easy to take apart and clean.

Any tea in the carpet?
Just a little bit. How hard is it to take the center console out? I took the two screws on the side of the console, but it was still attached to the front were the radio is. I'll see if I find the instructions here on how to take it out...
Old 03-03-2006, 01:40 PM
cj350

Open your phone and check to see if there is a red dot on the phone(only visible when battrey is out) ....If there is a red dot than your phone is considered as a water damaged phone.....If its white, than thi smeans there is no water damage....
Old 03-03-2006, 02:02 PM
loquitoy2k

Originally Posted by cj350
Open your phone and check to see if there is a red dot on the phone(only visible when battrey is out) ....If there is a red dot than your phone is considered as a water damaged phone.....If its white, than thi smeans there is no water damage....
Phone is gone. I work for a Wireless Company. I opened the phone (V551) and both of the dots were RED, the one in the battery compartment and the other one inside the phone (I didn’t know there was one inside the phone). So I just took it all apart, saw all the electronics and trash it. One good think is that the SIM card is fine, I put it on a spare phone that I have and it works fine. Same thing with the headset, I took it apart, cleaned it with alcohol and put it back together. Unfortunately it doesn’t turn on. It wasn’t a good feeling to see my phone and headset submerged in iced tea…..
Old 03-03-2006, 02:09 PM
roast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I spilled a drink in mine today at the drive-through. The entire center console from the top of the stereo down got completely covered. There was a pool of coke and ice in the shifter boot. The lady at the drive through was like AHHHHHH!!! She rushed me a handful of napkins. I chuckled and thanked her for the napkins and she looked at me a little weird. She probably thought I was crazy. Most people probably would have been cussing up a storm.

Life's too short to cry over spilled coke.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:16 PM
Z_Driver
Master

Originally Posted by loquitoy2k
Phone is gone. I work for a Wireless Company. I opened the phone (V551) and both of the dots were RED, the one in the battery compartment and the other one inside the phone (I didn’t know there was one inside the phone). So I just took it all apart, saw all the electronics and trash it. One good think is that the SIM card is fine, I put it on a spare phone that I have and it works fine. Same thing with the headset, I took it apart, cleaned it with alcohol and put it back together. Unfortunately it doesn’t turn on. It wasn’t a good feeling to see my phone and headset submerged in iced tea…..
I know I'm not supposed to laugh .... but,
My buddy and I did the same thing when we were sailing on the SF Bay.
We were on call that weekend, it was really windy, the cooler when over on a tack and drowned both of our phones. We opened them up and laid them out on the dock to dry out. No luck .... they were toast. It's was a good thing we worked for SBC at the time. New phones for free !!!!

I do feel your pain .... I just could stop laughing. Just the thought of the phone submerged like ours set uncontrollable laughter. So, thanks for the laugh!

BTW - They have underwater watches, cameras and the like. When do you think they'll make a underwater phone?

Quick Reply: big disaster / Drink in the car