Santacruzslick
Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This thread is retarded now...
Old 03-28-2006, 05:59 AM
Silkk

Originally Posted by bcm157
i guess you are having a little trouble with these big words. He misspelled the only word he wrote. "congradulations" is wrong "congratulations" is right.

For sillk and davidv you are some really nice accepting people since you seem to like to insult people for no reason and better yet try to insult people when you yourself are wrong.

I am convinced you are a "tool" (real mature) and my best guess is you aren't even involved in the enjoyment of owning one of these cars. You are probably full of it and one of those people who gives a bad name to the people that really enjoy being part of a car culture.
I apologize. I did not see davidv's "Congradulations" post. Only your reply under his "Power Braking" post... Yes, he does need to learn how to spell in that case.

However, you are completely off-base on both of us. I do indeed own a Z and enjoy modifying it as described in my sig. I didn't put those mods in my sig to "look cool". Many of the members on this site (primarily mid-atlantic members) have met myself and Davidv (who I can almost guarentee is your elder, so you should have some respect for him) at meets and enjoy our company and our modified Zs.

Further, based upon the topics on which you choose to post threads, I am pretty damned sure I am more knowledgeable and mature on the subject of the Z-car than yourself. Davidv is also quite knowledgeable as he owned a 260Z prior to the 350, he spends many days at the track honing his skills (both road course and drag strips) and he is he holder of the best stock drag run in a 350z that I'm aware at 13.63 seconds.

I'm pretty sure, whether davidv can spell "Congratulations" or not, that you are the one posting on my350z.com about doing "Burnouts!!!!" and I'd be willing to bet that half the members don't open your thread because they know how childish and pointless it is. Even further yet, not many of us care to know how your Z compares to your oh-so-great Mustang Cobra you used to own. I think david's point in the original post was, "We don't give a f*&( what you used to own and how good the burnouts were because your post is retarded." However, he didn't become that blatant.

I just did, however. Enjoy your day, come again. And when you come back, make sure you grow some thicker skin because you are going to get bashed/flamed/etc. on this site for posting topics of this nature. You could have let david's comment roll off your back like a real adult/enthusiast, but you chose to start conflict. Grow up chief.
Old 03-28-2006, 05:59 AM
Silkk

Originally Posted by Santacruzslick
This thread is retarded now...
Now?! It was retarded from the first thread in the post...
Old 03-28-2006, 06:02 AM
Santacruzslick
Veteran

Originally Posted by Silkk
Now?! It was retarded from the first thread in the post...
That's the first thing I thought after typing up that reply.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:04 AM
Silkk

Sure doesn't take long in a post like this...

Hahaha...
Old 03-28-2006, 06:31 AM
bcm157

Silkk you don't live too far from me so next time you and davidv go to the track I would love it if you contacted me prior to that time so I could see that record setting run done without warming up the tires with one of those pointless burnouts.

and just to clear something up the only reason that I mentioned my last car was to establish the fact that I have owned performance cars before and I have a good idea of how to drive them in the manner I specified.

I really hate argueing with people and maybe my comments were rude so I am sorry for anything that I said that offended you. I was serious about going to the track to see what the cars can do sometime.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:47 AM
03performz

Originally Posted by davidv
The objective of power braking is to increase engine rpm. Not necessary with a manual transmission.
Not true man.

Apply pressure to the brake w/ heel of right foot and pressure to the accelerator w/ toes of right foot...of course clutch w/ left foot you can get the wheels spinning enough to go through all of the gears while sitting completely still (besides from maybe starting to slide sideways a little). You couldn't do this w/ out braking.

I used to do this in my Camaro over a decade ago...if you want lots of smoke this is a good way to get it.

DavidV is such a know it all...he should listen(or in this case read more) and post less. He'd learn a lot more than he already thinks he knows.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:53 AM
bcm157

Thank you for having a more open view of this thread 03performz.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:53 AM
Silkk

Silkk you don't live too far from me so next time you and davidv go to the track I would love it if you contacted me prior to that time so I could see that record setting run done without warming up the tires with one of those pointless burnouts.

and just to clear something up the only reason that I mentioned my last car was to establish the fact that I have owned performance cars before and I have a good idea of how to drive them in the manner I specified.

I really hate argueing with people and maybe my comments were rude so I am sorry for anything that I said that offended you. I was serious about going to the track to see what the cars can do sometime.
Sure, there are tons of meets posted in the Mid-Atlantic Regional forums, including meets at racetracks.

And sure, people do burnouts at the track to warm their tires, but admit it man, that wasn't the point of your post. Here is a quote from YOU.

"lol no don't get me wrong I am a bigger fan of all around performence but you can't tell me its not fun to light up your tires and put on a good show."

Your post was aimed solely at doing burnouts to show-off, which would be frowned upon by most, not all, members here, so I wouldn't try to justify your post by pointing out the fact people burnout at the drag strip. They are two totally different burnouts.

I'm done arguing with you now.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:57 AM
03performz

You guys are stressin' me out...I think I need to see that Civic nation video of those riced-out Hondas sounding like the Frog.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:03 AM
Silkk

Originally Posted by 03performz
DavidV is such a know it all...
I'm not sure david's age, but he has decades of knowledge regarding automobiles (he owned a 260 as mentioned in 1970s) and generally speaking he was correct on the power braking deal.

Yes, it can be used in a manual transmission car if you want to make some girls panties wet by smoking your tires until they pop, however for real performance driving or racing it is NOT necessary in a manual transmission car.

I'm willing to bet quite a few large bills that Davidv has been to more drag strips and road courses during a 3 month period (we'll say April-June 2005), then you've been to in your life...

Know it all? Probably not... But much closer than yourself.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:05 AM
bcm157

my original point was about a drag strip. if you have ever been to a drag strip with a large crowd they usually get pretty excited when someone does a nice burnout. that was what i meant by putting on a show. Thank you for judging me as not being responsible when I really am. My apology still stands and I do hope to see you at a track one day. I would look forward to a race.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:13 AM
Silkk

my original point was about a drag strip. if you have ever been to a drag strip with a large crowd they usually get pretty excited when someone does a nice burnout. that was what i meant by putting on a show. Thank you for judging me as not being responsible when I really am. My apology still stands and I do hope to see you at a track one day. I would look forward to a race.
Sue me if I don't believe you.

If you wanted an honest answer regarding drag racing and burnouts, you would have posted in the Motorsports forums. After 6 posts, and one of your posts, which I quoted above about "doing it for fun" or "putting on a show", it's quite obvious you just want to do it for the hell of it. That's fine, they are your tires, it's your transmission, but don't pretend like you meant it in a true drag racing sense.

If you want a serious answer regarding drag racing, reformat your question, and post in the Drag Racing forum. Pretty simply put however, if you are smoking your tires into a "big cloud of haze" at the drag strip, you are probably over heating them. Rubber, when heated excessively becomes a liquid, aka slippery. A burnout at the track would warm the tires and cause some smoke, sure, but not the type which you were describing unless you are in a 1000hp funny car.

Enjoy your day, I'm really done here now.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:20 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I am convinced you are a "tool" (real mature) and my best guess is you aren't even involved in the enjoyment of owning one of these cars. You are probably full of it and one of those people who gives a bad name to the people that really enjoy being part of a car culture.
But besides those petty personality flaws I think we can still get along.

BTW why not get together at the next ECZA meet and introduce ourselves.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:21 AM
DomZ

BCM where in Jersey are you?
Old 03-28-2006, 07:22 AM
Silkk

Originally Posted by davidv
But besides those petty personality flaws I think we can still get along.

BTW why not get together at the next ECZA meet and introduce ourselves.
You know I'll be there.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:24 AM
DomZ

David? You went 13.63 stock? I thought that was BriGuyMax all this time!
Old 03-28-2006, 07:27 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 03performz
Not true man.

Apply pressure to the brake w/ heel of right foot and pressure to the accelerator w/ toes of right foot...of course clutch w/ left foot you can get the wheels spinning enough to go through all of the gears while sitting completely still (besides from maybe starting to slide sideways a little). You couldn't do this w/ out braking.

I used to do this in my Camaro over a decade ago...if you want lots of smoke this is a good way to get it.

DavidV is such a know it all...he should listen(or in this case read more) and post less. He'd learn a lot more than he already thinks he knows.
You are correct.

I answered the question from a drag racing perspective. The thought of ruining $200 tires for show didn’t even cross my mind.

Last edited by davidv; 03-28-2006 at 08:46 AM.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:32 AM
bcm157

davidv i would be happy to meet you and and see your car. I will probably attend the next event that you will be at if you let me know which one it is.
Old 03-28-2006, 07:33 AM
bcm157

domz i live in Morris county NJ

Quick Reply: Burnouts!!!