Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

so im caving in

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 04:33 PM
04silverzcoupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so im caving in

and taking the z in thursday for the fuel line recall. i guess ill try to get them to do the tsb's that apply, i.e. fuel fill difficulty, alignment warranty etc
one question though, since its voluntary does that mean i dont have to? if i dont and some way some how my car caught on fire it would still be insured right?
Old 03-28-2006, 04:43 PM
kpiskin

I had to go in for annual inspection and 22,500 mile service, so I figured I'd get the recall done too. I got the letter last week.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:51 PM
03performz

Originally Posted by 04silverzcoupe
and taking the z in thursday for the fuel line recall. i guess ill try to get them to do the tsb's that apply, i.e. fuel fill difficulty, alignment warranty etc
one question though, since its voluntary does that mean i dont have to? if i dont and some way some how my car caught on fire it would still be insured right?
I'm not sure about the "voluntary" part..I assumed that it meant that the prob. wasn't a definite. Or it could mean that they didn't want to pay the dealers tons of money to pay for all of the service(52K cars worth and a lot of work involved).

I had mine taken car of last week as well as the tsb on the shutter valve. I just can't stand having things on my mind that I know need to be taken care of.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:53 AM
04silverzcoupe

Originally Posted by 03performz
I'm not sure about the "voluntary" part..I assumed that it meant that the prob. wasn't a definite. Or it could mean that they didn't want to pay the dealers tons of money to pay for all of the service(52K cars worth and a lot of work involved).

I had mine taken car of last week as well as the tsb on the shutter valve. I just can't stand having things on my mind that I know need to be taken care of.
the shutter valve is the fuel fill one right?
and the dealers are responsible for fixing these kinds of things free?
Old 03-29-2006, 04:31 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

a. Believe that the alignment warranty expired sometime ago. Do you have the latest Nissan feathering policy handy?
b. Recalls are voluntary. You cannot be forced to complete a recall.
c. So what happens is you do not complete the recall and the car catches on fire? I don't know but how many member's cars have exploded into a ball of flames?
Old 03-29-2006, 04:57 AM
Blu Hvn

I've always understood that the term "voluntary recall" meant the manufacturer was voluntarily initiating the recall as opposed to the government forcing them to.
May as well have all TSB handled at the same time.
Old 03-29-2006, 11:04 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is voluntary on your end.

But I think it would be nuts not to have the work done. I, for one, don't want car catching on fire or blowing up when I might be in or near it.

Had mine done last week; went fine.
Old 03-29-2006, 12:16 PM
Fletch69z

When they say it is a voluntary recall they mean for Nissan. Nissan is doing the recall voluntarily to avoid future problems.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:52 AM
04silverzcoupe

Originally Posted by davidv
a. Believe that the alignment warranty expired sometime ago. Do you have the latest Nissan feathering policy handy?
b. Recalls are voluntary. You cannot be forced to complete a recall.
c. So what happens is you do not complete the recall and the car catches on fire? I don't know but how many member's cars have exploded into a ball of flames?
yeah i dont think my car would explode intoa ball of fire. but if i didint do it and it did catch on fire and insurance didnt cover it. i'd be up a creek if you know what i mean
going in at 8 est, ill let yall know tonight if i get home in time.
Old 03-30-2006, 03:36 AM
Vamos_Rafael

the recalls takes about 4 hours to do
50,000 cars all times 4 hours to complete = 200,000 labour hours
200,000 labour hours x $80 they charger per hour = $16,000,000
16 million dollars in labour cost alone + parts + misc. figure 20 million dollars for the recall...
yeh of course its voluntary if they can cut the 20 million expected loss into say 15 million