Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What's the best compliment you have gotten?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 09:01 PM
RobertH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i went to get some ice cream with my "at the time" girlfriend. the lady who worked there had her little son (about 7) there with her. i walked in and he said "WOW I LOVE YOUR CAR, CAN I GO LOOK AT IT" i smiled and told him that he can sit in it if he would like. he ran outside and sat in it for about 10 minutes. when he got out he looked like the happiest kid alive. that made my day.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:48 PM
Vick781

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

^ cool
Old 07-17-2006, 12:15 AM
whoaishjustin

i havent even got a compliment so far an ive had my car for 3 weeks.. maybe because there are like a bajillion 350z's here in socal
Old 07-17-2006, 12:32 AM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

when a fellow Z owner puts a pic of my car on their computer background.

or a fellow Z owner puts a pic of my car in their avatar as well as signature...lol...
Old 07-17-2006, 12:58 AM
GFrnk69

Originally Posted by whoaishjustin
i havent even got a compliment so far an ive had my car for 3 weeks.. maybe because there are like a bajillion 350z's here in socal
+1
Old 07-17-2006, 06:54 AM
Mathys

I went to visit some family on a Sunday. I ended up driving 7 people around after eachother as they were all desperate to get a ride in this amazing car....

Also got a girl making pics with her mobile from my car when I left my apartment building. She said: 'What an awesome machine, it's my dream car'!
That managed to get me smiling for the next 5 minutes.....
Old 07-17-2006, 07:47 AM
PerfZ

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I usually park in my driveway to let the car cool down and get a lot of compliments from the neighbors walking by. Had a cop give me a compliment 3 weeks ago after he pulled me for 74 in a 55 (rural road). Let me off with a warning. Said "I know that's a fast car but you can't drive like that around here". He probably knew I was pushing triple digits before I saw him and the V1 chirped at the same time when he flipped the instant-on radar.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:53 AM
D15na

hahaha.. i hear ya bro, amazing how detectors take absolute tickets and turn them into close calls at getting a ticket
Old 07-17-2006, 11:28 AM
crazygideon

Originally Posted by D15na
my ex loved riding in my z, "because it made her feel rich"... we'd be driving and she'd go" haha, those peeps are staring at us" ...she also told me she wouldnt give me head in it.... then i got 5% tint
Its more fun w/o the tint. Being an exibitionist once in a while wont hurt anyone.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:35 AM
rich harris

I kinda like it when they ask me, "what kind of car is that"
Old 07-17-2006, 04:29 PM
ZRider07

I know when I'm driving down the street I still love staring at other peoples Z's.

It's just such a ****ing awesome car all around.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:32 PM
GFrnk69

calm down guys
Old 07-17-2006, 04:45 PM
irish27

It was "It's too big"
Old 07-17-2006, 04:51 PM
Mazinger Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was driving one time, and a kid was hanging his head out the window staring at me (so i thought) for about 5 min. After a few redlights i kinda got annoyed and started staring at him back, just then, he pointed at my car and gave me two thumbs up... i thought he had a staring problem, but apparently he liked my car~
Old 07-17-2006, 04:52 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by irish27
It was "It's too big"
Next time, find a bigger parking space.
Old 07-17-2006, 04:57 PM
zeebeda

the second day i had my car, my girlfriend and i went to go get icecream. we went inside because i didn't want her to drip ice cream inside of it. as we were walking in, this girl (i'd give her a 6.5 on the classic 1 to 10 scale with 10 being the highest) says "That's a f**king hot car! Did you buy it so she would f**k you? Because I would if I were her."
Old 07-17-2006, 07:00 PM
hiz-n-herz

Default 06 DB was parked outside the coffee shop

I was inside bacause it was hot.

Guy is walking by on the sidewalk and glances over at it for a second and keeps walking for another 2 paces and then he looks again and is rubber-necking while walking another 2-3 steps and then just stops dead in his tracks , face the car and stares for like a minute. Then he continues on.

Just could not resist the looks of the car.

Neither could I
Old 07-17-2006, 07:40 PM
rockinbboy

One time a kid stepped out of a store with some friend and he stopped dead in his tracks and pointed his finger at me driving jaws dropped and everything. I couldn't help but chuckle and I gave the car a bit of a rev and took off a lil speedly for him.

Another time...I parked my car at a friends and some family was taking a walk in the neighborhood. There was a 4 year old boy. Kid straight up went driver side and tried to open the door!! LOL....my friends and I just laughed. Kid is smart and knows what he wants!

My cousin and most other people I know just want a ride in my car..which I give them without hesitation.

But yeah...the Z sure is a neck sprainer

I LOVE THIS CLUB.
Old 07-17-2006, 07:49 PM
plumpzz

It wasn't a comment, it was a jaw drop after i drove by 6 or 7 kids when i put my new SVRT exhaust on.
Old 07-17-2006, 08:41 PM
usmanasif

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had the Z for just over 2 months now and have received so many compliments already, I have to think about which ones to mention here! I have received countless thumbs up on the highway during the daily commute, and have honestly lost track of the "nice car!" comments after stepping into banks, restaurants, bookstores, gas stations, etc.

Just yesterday, wife and I went to Olive Garden for dinner. As I always do, I parked the Z in a far corner of the lot, away from all cars. While waiting for a table, I was standing by the entrance looking towards the Z when two Pathfinders pulled up to it and 6-8 people jumped out; guys and girls. Some sat by the front wheels, staring at the Brembos and what looked like trying to read the tire size/brand, some were making some hand gestures to each other about the Z's lines while one crouched to examine the front Z emblem (bumper). Seemed like everyone peeked through the windshield at least once to look inside. They did that for 8 min or so before leaving. Wife saw all that too and said, "Isn't it odd how everyone just stops to look at the Z? (same thing had happend this Saturday in downtown). No one does that for a new BMW or Mercedes." She's right...they don't!

The third day I brought the Z to work, I was talking to our CFO when a colleague told him about my new car. Pleasantly surprised, he said, "You bought the Z car? And that too, a red Z? Huh! I'm sure our employee lot is looking good already!".

Outside a neighborhood grocery store, I had parked it in the fire lane and was sitting inside, waiting for the wife who had gone in for a quick purchase, when an old lady, perhaps 70 or so, who worked there, walked up and motioned to lower the window. Thinking she wanted me to move the car, I was trying to come up with an excuse when she went, "Sir, I just came outside to tell you that you have the most beautiful car I have seen up close. What is it?" When I told her it's a Z, she had me repeat myself and then said, "I can't say I've heard of that car name before, but my God is this beautiful! It's like a movie car". I still don't know what that means, but she was very impressed to say the least.

I could on and on, but that should do it for today

Last edited by usmanasif; 07-17-2006 at 08:43 PM.

Quick Reply: What's the best compliment you have gotten?