Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What's the best compliment you have gotten?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 03:26 PM
*ICE*

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pull up to a stop lights at midnight, 2 chicks in Volvo pull up next to me. I looked over and made eyes contact. Chick driver said "Nice car, i love the color" (my car has rarest color for the Z, Interlagos Fire Metallic). I said "Thanks, I can give you a ride some time if you want" with a smile. Chick yelled out her phone number. I proceed to memorized it asap and drive off when the lights turn green.

Met her up couple days later to smash.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:34 PM
supanam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

downshifted and revv'ed matched as i came off the freeway and a guy in a camry pulled up next to me and said, "damn man! **** gave me an eargasim! what setup do u have?"

-stillen dual intakes, headers, hfcs, nismo cat back
Old 10-07-2011, 12:32 AM
*ICE*

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

some chick wrote this on my mirror. Phone number blurred out.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:58 AM
FlushedOut

Walked out to the parking lot yesterday from a sushi restaurant to find a couple (about 50 years or maybe a bit older) and their probably 8-10 year old grandson staring at my car. My gf and I got into the car and pulled out of the spot and the woman said to her husband (still standing outside their car looking at mine) "i don't like it" and then her husband and their grandson looked at me while driving away (have my windows down ) and yelled "i love your car!!" :thumb up:

This made my day
Old 10-07-2011, 10:25 PM
TheVengefulCo

Pulled up to a red light next to a old dude in a truck in the turning lane. He yelled out "Nice car man! Nice Car". he was totally checking out my Brembos haha
Old 10-08-2011, 12:11 AM
Legion441

Now I've looked through literally the last 22 pages of this thread, and had a few good laughs, but nothing comes even CLOSE to how long I've been laughing at this one....
Originally Posted by bishop_98
Going thru fast-food drivethru. Voluptious brunette with headset leans out of window after handing the food over, covers the mic, and says "I....I....I REALLY wanna lick your car"
I owned my Z for about 8 months before being shipped to Germany (car isn't here with me), and I've heard quite a few that were already posted (The Porsche one seems to be a recurring comment as I've stopped counting how many times I've heard it).....

Here are a few of the good ones I've heard:

1. From a guy at a gas station in Kentucky: "You don't look that old.... how do you afford that thing? Even I couldn't get approved for one of those!" (he was driving a BMW Z4 - thought it was a Porsche I guess)

2. Girl walking down the sidewalk while I was parking the car: "Sweet ride! You ever tried having sex in it? I'm sure it'd be pretty easy with someone small like me" (She neglected to notice my wife in the passenger seat)
3. And the best one: I was moving all my firearms to my wife's new apartment before I stored the car while I'm in Germany, and while I was taking bags out, I heard her neighbors saying "That's a real nice car!" from their balcony; right up until the point that I pulled out my rifles and a few pistols to take inside. That was about the point where their comments turned to: "He's gotta be a drug dealer with all those guns and since he can afford that thing!" Now my neighbors won't even look twice at my wife...

Like some of the other guys, I've seen notes left in the windshield wipers with phone numbers and I did come out from work one night to find a co-worker's phone number written on my driver's window with lipstick (just bought it a week prior) and she was pretty pissed it was me who owned it since she knew I was married. The reactions from kids and older couples are always pretty nice to see.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:22 PM
Sarahs350Z

I was outside yesterday in my driveway rubbing my car down with polish (trying to smooth out nicks and scratches) this little kid and his friend walk by and go WOAH COOL CAR! They totally didn't see me sitting there either ^__^ it's nice to hear little kids appreciate beautiful machinery. The older guys obviously always appreciate sports cars haha

One of my customers (I work at Starbucks) asked if we could trade cars for the day. He drives a 2010 Escalade EXT. I was flattered haha

Last edited by Sarahs350Z; 10-09-2011 at 02:26 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:53 PM
08treefittyz

New Neighbor complimented me on my 08 Touring the other day.His 16 yo nephew wanting one as his bday present. Plus how he owned an older Z after he got out of the army in his youth. I've never met him before this day.He wasupper 70's and a very nice dude walking his dog. Talked about 20 minutes,he wanted to examine the interior. His only complaint was how the tail lights wrapped around the side.
Old 11-30-2011, 06:00 PM
Agentman03

At a 500 Car Crusein in September and people told me mine was nice'r than any other car their .. two other guy from Pittsburg , Pa said he attended all their Car shows and he never saw one as nice as mine , Guy in a sharp 32 ford coupe parked next to me said I should win an award for most talked about and photographed Car there ??
Old 11-30-2011, 06:03 PM
The_Laughing_Man

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Agentman03
At a 500 Car Crusein in September and people told me mine was nice'r than any other car their .. two other guy from Pittsburg , Pa said he attended all their Car shows and he never saw one as nice as mine , Guy in a sharp 32 ford coupe parked next to me said I should win an award for most talked about and photographed Car there ??
We need to see some pics of this whip.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:18 AM
taywan

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

" I know your pu$$y rate has got to be sky high "
" I know that set u back about 100 grand "
and the usual " what kind of car is that? "
and "what color is that, i wana paint mine that color"
DB
Old 12-19-2011, 09:19 AM
TPete19

Got one from the Starbucks drive-thru guy this morning...

Guy: "Dude, what do you do for a living?"
Me: "I work at ____ doing ____."
Guy: "You must be making crazy money. That 350z is sick!"
Old 12-25-2011, 05:03 PM
Redline Dustin

I've got a few...

After posting it up on fb with a complete wash/wax my sexy latina friend says "Damn ...that's not your car." I reply with yes it is, it's a 2003 nissan 350z touring edition. She replies with a simple "**** you dustin!" haha

I've gotten the "nice porsche!" at least 5 times...

Here's a few taken directly off my fb album:

Jessica Workman Im sooo freakin jealous.of u
Daniel Leland Carpenter Wish we could take that out to the Dream Cruise back in the D.
Turron ChimneySweep MilkCookies lucky bastard
Kirstin Queener Natalie is sexyyy!

Makes me smile every time I read it
Old 12-25-2011, 05:34 PM
Sharpmaxell

The majority I get is that they love the "uk" blue as I call it. And then one my ex's said she's now kicking herself in the ***. Gave myself a high five on that one.
Old 12-25-2011, 09:35 PM
370zforme

A few days ago I was in rush hour traffic in the city and I start to look around me and see phones out everywhere! People walking on the side walk had stopped and whipped out their phones and these trucks to the left of me all had passengers who were gawking and taking pictures of my car! Made my day!

EDIT: Off topic but forgot to add that when I got to where I was going there was another 350Z parked at autozone (backwards and a MT so I knew he meant business :P ) so I parked next to him and as I'm walking to my car, so is he and I see him look at my car and when he sees me, he gets in his car and gets the %$&* out of there! It must of been those seat covers with hearts that he was embarrassed about

Last edited by 370zforme; 12-25-2011 at 09:38 PM.
Old 12-27-2011, 09:37 PM
ordovician

I've only owned my 2003 Touring edition for about 15 months, and have gotten more random compliments on it than I can remember. It's really amazing, since the car really isn't worth that much and I haven't really done that much to it yet, besides my 19" Ray's rims, antenna mod, grounding kit, plenum spacer, and an intake.

I was walking out of the grocery store to my Z with my girlfriend, and a guy in an Accord circled my car in the lot, just gawking at it. Made me nervous, at the time it looked to me like he was casing it.

I had just dropped some movies into the drop slot as Blockbuster and was starting my car back up when this plump middle aged lady came to my window, scaring the crap out of me. She said, "Oh I LOVE these. Is it fast? I bet it's fast! And when you started it up, that exhaust... mmmm." I glanced at her husband, awkwardly standing there. "Thanks..."

I think the best compliment you can get is when you walk out of a store and see a much, much nicer car parked next to yours, way out in the sticks. Or when your buddy takes 1 ride in your Z and trades his Impreza wagon in for a brand new STI because he has to beat your car...
Old 12-29-2011, 12:54 PM
iideadeyeii

Received 452 Likes on 367 Posts

You're*
Originally Posted by *ICE*
some chick wrote this on my mirror. Phone number blurred out.

Old 01-01-2012, 02:28 PM
Redline Dustin

I already posted here, but I got a new one today.
I'm a u.s. marine stationed at camp lejeune, north carolina. We have a lot of canadian soldiers visiting our base for training right now, so they're everywhere.
I went to get some food and as I walked back to my car, there was a large group of canadian soldiers in front of me. I've never seen so many necks break over my car! I don't understand french, but I definitely heard "racing car" and "sexy" when they walked by it...I was pretty happy about that, so to show thanks when I started it up I gave a couple 3k revs and when I pulled out of the parking lot with them right behind me, I floored it through first gear. It made my night.
Old 01-01-2012, 05:20 PM
1Z4U2NV

"The guy who just left said that car will run you about $80-$100K...Is that true?"

(hmmmyes....yes it is)
Old 01-02-2012, 03:15 PM
Stance350zee

Tow Truck driver : Is that your new car ?
me: Ya
Tow Truck driver: a fun car ?
Me: Yeah its quick
Tow Truck Driver: I just saw some one get mangled in one of those things

Quick Reply: What's the best compliment you have gotten?