Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Delivery Dates?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2002, 01:46 AM
Quadry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delivery Dates?

Could we please get some exact dates for delivery. More than a month, a week would be even better. I am not swinging from the money tree here and I would like to be able to sort of plan my moves. I will have to deal with trade-in and sales tax. Any help on a date would be beneficial.

Also is there a method to production on our cars? I have heard order dates, doesn't make sense production wise. Color, makes more sense with paint. Model, makes sense with some parts, but that could be easily overcome. I do not mean to be a bother and all of the info, including the packets have been great. But, it is getting closer and a date is not much to ask for.
Attached Thumbnails Delivery Dates?-im000124.jpg  
Old 07-06-2002, 02:17 AM
azmo

A delivery date would be very very nice. But for now all i want to see is what the interior of my Z is going to look like. I ordered the frost interior and still havent seen a pic of it. Im going nuts using frost interior pics of the maxima and putting it side by side with the interior of the Z and trying to imagine what it would look like. Then trying to match it with the chrome silver Z to see how the combo will look.
Old 07-06-2002, 05:15 AM
Enforcer

I realize I don't have a lot of experience ordering cars not to mention from Nissan...but it is amaZing to me how little my dealer knows about anything related to the New 350Z let alone delivery and apparently many others from reading the posts. You would think in this day and age of the internet and GPS, they could track it's current time and position down to a nanosecond and a meter or less (well, maybe that's going a little too far).

From watching the ordering process of other cars and manufacturers my co-workers went through, this seems way out of the ordinary. One can only speculate at the reasons why. Assuming it's because this model is new:

They have no idea what customs delay will be?
They haven't completed the tree huggers (EPA) bureaucracy?
The manufacturing plant is on the boat?
It's all a sham and they really have gone bankrupt?

LOL, who knowZ!

Enforcer

P.S. My dealer says mine is the first they are getting here and it will arrive at the end of July or early in August.
Old 07-06-2002, 06:24 PM
Zmeflyby

Originally posted by Enforcer
I realize I don't have a lot of experience ordering cars not to mention from Nissan...but it is amaZing to me how little my dealer knows about anything related to the New 350Z let alone delivery and apparently many others from reading the posts. You would think in this day and age of the internet and GPS, they could track it's current time and position down to a nanosecond and a meter or less (well, maybe that's going a little too far).

From watching the ordering process of other cars and manufacturers my co-workers went through, this seems way out of the ordinary. One can only speculate at the reasons why. Assuming it's because this model is new:

They have no idea what customs delay will be?
They haven't completed the tree huggers (EPA) bureaucracy?
The manufacturing plant is on the boat?
It's all a sham and they really have gone bankrupt?

LOL, who knowZ!

Enforcer

P.S. My dealer says mine is the first they are getting here and it will arrive at the end of July or early in August.

hey enforcer where and when did u order ur Z?
Old 07-06-2002, 06:31 PM
Enforcer

Absolutely VQ. Besides, getting all excited over something you can't do anything about is a waste of gastric juices.

I just find the topic interesting in of itself, not looking to fix anything or gripe, just am intrigued. And perhaps thats Nissans intentions!

In contrast, when a co-worker of mine ordered his PT Cruiser, he had emails and a web site that showed him when and where it was manufactured, transported, projected delivery dates etc. He doesn't understand it either and he used to be an engineer at GM.

Talked to my dealer yesterday (the sales manager is in charge of the Z pre-orders). He has one ordered also (they also sell Mercedes but he personaly liked the Z better especially the price so he ordered one for himself) and he says they (the dealership) are very excited about the new Z and he is personaly, but he is giving me all they know/are being told. Apparently Nissan just isn't releasing a lot of details. He was adamant that they have been told my car is one of the first they are getting and it is coming at the end of July or Early August and his is coming in September and that's all they know.

Perhaps the explanation is as simple as Nissan just isn't as technological tooled in the areas of the Internet? Any people have experiences ordering other Nissan models like my co-worker and his PT Cruiser?

Enforcer
Old 07-07-2002, 06:28 AM
silverz

I worked in a Nissan Dealership in Cleveland, Ohio for 4 years. The dealerships don't have any idea of an exact delivery date until about 3 weeks before. Nissan willl give the dealership about a 3 week notice and tentative delivery date. For instance, the dealer may call you and say your car will be here August 15th, the car could could come in August 12 or August 18. There is usaully a 6 day time span. Start looking for your dealer to call late July for mid-August delivery. Hope this helps.