Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Had my my Z stolen last week

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 03:53 PM
BigD2k5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's terrible about your car. I'd hate to have my G missing from my driveway on my way to work. How easy is it to turn one of these beasts over without the key/chip in the ignition? I know all security systems are not theft proof, they're merely deterents. What, break a window and sit in all the glass in the seat while you play with all the wires down there?
Old 04-18-2006, 03:53 PM
Casanova

Originally Posted by mr. sparco
I know what that feels like I've had a car stolen from me before that I poured countless hours/money into. Just to have some loser jack it. Can't wait for FF3 to come out, then our cars will be on the A list to be jacked.
Ahhhh the toyota camry!
Old 04-18-2006, 03:55 PM
Casanova

Originally Posted by BigD2k5
That's terrible about your car. I'd hate to have my G missing from my driveway on my way to work. How easy is it to turn one of these beasts over without the key/chip in the ignition? I know all security systems are not theft proof, they're merely deterents. What, break a window and sit in all the glass in the seat while you play with all the wires down there?
They have a special G-Z Key!
Old 04-18-2006, 05:20 PM
IslandZavage

Thats why i dont wanna do any big mods or wheels, until i get a high end alarm. The stock factory alarm just doesnt cut it....sorry about your loss...
Old 04-18-2006, 06:47 PM
pooch15

Thanks to everyone who replied.

I checked out the SLK350 tonight and to get what I like it would have to be a 2007 which would only be available in late July. If I'm going to wait that long I'll probably order a 2006 Z.

Right now I'm renting a Murano and a small part of me is thinking it might be time to ditch the sports car thing. Tomorrow I will reluctantly take a look at some SUVs from Acura, Lexus, MB & BMW.

I was using my Z as a daily driver 12 months a year and the winters here are brutal. That's why I'm not considering a Vette or any soft top convertible like a Boxster S.

BTW the car was stolen using a tow truck while I was sleeping 60 feet away. Both my neighbours were home sleeping as well and they didn't hear a sound either.

Finally, Yes I will be getting a GPS tracking system installed on the next one whatever it ends up being.
Old 04-18-2006, 06:56 PM
pooch15

As far as the inside job possibility, I had an oil change done last week at a friend of mine's Goodyear location and at this time of year he hires about 10 guys to do winter to summer tire changes for a couple of weeks. It could be someone there who got my name and address.

Also I had the plugs changed and the K&N filter cleaned at the garage who installed my SC the morning it was stolen. It's a small shop that attracts a lot of young curious guys who check out the various modified cars (they specialize in Mustang GTs) I believe it's likely someone at one of these two places who took my car.
Old 04-18-2006, 06:59 PM
lilaznxboi08

that kinda stuff pisses me off so bad. gl with everything man. the slk sounds good, youll be happy with it. or how about a lexus IS 350. its over 30, but so is the slk.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:49 PM
godmans

I never know that there are ppl stealing cars in canada too..
i thought they only steal civics in canada; I really feel for you bro, and hope that you can track those sob down..
Old 04-18-2006, 08:22 PM
zedated

This SUV is practical and faster than a Z... http://www.drivesrt.com/en/jeep/gran...kee/index.html
Old 04-18-2006, 10:22 PM
dkorr

i thought the Z was unstealable because of the antitheft ignition and chip in keyfob...
Old 04-19-2006, 01:09 AM
paulsmansfield

it isnt unstealable if they lift it onto a tow truck, it's probably already being sold off piece at a time.
Old 04-19-2006, 04:48 AM
IslandZavage

Thats why im getting an alarm that has a tilt sensor as well. It wont stop them, but it will wake me up at least in time to see whats going on.(Light sleeper/paranoid dogs.) Plus it has a screen paging monitor which is good for 1/4mile.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:09 AM
elise

if i get the chance to stay in the states, i'd get a corvette coupe. even a test drive would be great.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:00 AM
deviantZ

I'm really starting to considered a set of those sidemount flame throwers.
Old 04-19-2006, 10:50 AM
vincentalunni

Default Low Jack

Any body priced out/(have) Low Jack for their Z? (how much?)

Probably more cost effective than the flame throwers but not as kool
Old 04-19-2006, 02:08 PM
Built2shredZ

Dealership hit me $500 for low jack when I bought my car new..
Old 04-19-2006, 02:58 PM
aznmojo

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i got jacked by low jack too.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:37 PM
desiZ

just the basic lojack is useless, you have to get the early warning system (for an additional 300$ kaching)... which calls you on your cellphone/emails you if your car moves without you being inside it... (you have a small device that attaches to your keychain). there's no monthly fee and its for the lifetime of the vehicle...

reason the basic lojack is useless is because a user on this forum a year ago, realized only 5-6 hours after his car was stolen, which by then was probably stripped and the lojack device incinerated... the early warning sys calls u in 5-8 minutes...
Old 04-23-2006, 08:03 AM
pooch15

Well after shopping around last week and hearing more dealers give me the same 3 and 4 month delay periods if I placed an order (even for an SUV) I found myself on Thursday late for a meeting and stuck in rush hour traffic in the rental Murano and that was the clincher.

I know now I really don't have the patience to drive around in a vehicle that's not fast and agile so on Friday I put a deposit on an in-stock 2006 Z which I found using Nissan Canada's web site. It has the same interior/exterior colors as mine did but doesn't have the NAV system. I will pick it up as soon as the insurance company settles with me.

A couple of things I like on the 2006 are the xenons in both high and low beam and the fact that they are on as day time driving lights. The other thing is the new 265/35-19 in the back and the new Rays which are simply beautiful.

What I'm not thrilled about is the lower torque rating. Because mine was super charged the 2006 feels seriously wimpy on power. Guess I'll have to look into the JWT twin turbo pretty soon.

Lastly, can anyone recommend an after market NAV system that would come in two parts so that I could keep the factory audio and only install the screen in the dash and put the main unit behind the driver's seat?

In the modifications section there's mention of a Pioneer system (AVIC-9D and W6210 touchscreen) but I believe it's out of production.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-23-2006, 02:22 PM
djqx

Default hey dude

i think the new skyline is going to be nearly a 100G's. If you have the money, go for it.

Quick Reply: Had my my Z stolen last week