Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

People mess with you because of the Z?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 10:56 AM
imjdoggie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RadioManJ350Z33
When I had a 97 COBRA (FORD), it seemed like every other mustang in the world was trying to race each other. How do you compare poop to poop, it's all poop.

Now that I have the Z, people don't mess with me, and other Z owners don't even bother racing me. We just give each other a Nodd and a glance at each other's Z and take it easy.

Honestly As many times as my car has been confused with a porsche, people don't even bother messing with me.
on the Porsche comment, that has happened to me numerous times too! People get the 2 confused all the time around here.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:06 AM
roast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol a few weeks ago this dumb chick asked me "Is that a monte carlo?"... I was like.. hehehehe.... no it's a 350z... "huh, a what??!?" ..... NISSAN.... 350z..... "oh.... nice car!!"

lol.....
Old 04-27-2006, 11:14 AM
chuckie311

yep its funny i have had a few pople ask me if its a Porsche.. i just laugh
Old 04-27-2006, 11:49 AM
ZBigDog

I get messed with by mustangs the most, all those rednecks down here, its annoying, i got fed up and gave into an older cobra the other day, probably a 97 or so, he sucked at manual and didnt even make it to second gear.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:02 PM
r3v

i usually dont care.

Why am i going to take a huge risk for somebody i dont even know.
Old 04-27-2006, 12:08 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I raced a stock Z the other day on the highway. He drove by all fast trying to get my attention-he had it before he even did that. Pulled him by about 5 bus lengths it was hilarious....
Old 04-27-2006, 01:13 PM
archz

Dude in a gas station the other day on the FLA TPK is gawking over my Z, say to me nicest car I ever seen what is it? Looks like a porsche!!, what it run you about $85 g's ?, I said close, he comes back with I bet it kicks the crap out of them dam Beemers, anyway it was good for a quick yuk!!
Old 04-27-2006, 01:25 PM
blazefast

haha wow, are you guys like... made tyte JDM debadged or something? I mean, how are people that stupid not to notice the big nissan logo on the back? (can't wait till I have a Z so I can confuse people too lolol)
Old 04-27-2006, 01:29 PM
diwun67

I get everyone and their mommas trying to race me Hell, I even had a HEMI Ram try me at a light 2 nights ago....I couldn't resist smoking him
Old 04-27-2006, 01:58 PM
OldFolks

Replaced an SLK with the Z. Used to drive the snot out of the Merc, and nobody even looked up. Try getting on with business in the Z, and EVERYBODY is suddenly a member of the Andrettti family. There is no one demagraphic that feels compelled to challenge me (speed, cut through traffic to get ahead of me, cut in front of me, or otherwise act up), but the one that always surprises me are the soccer moms in Honda Minivans, or young chicks in whatever those things are that they drive. Trying to get to work every morning has become a real interesting experience...
Old 04-27-2006, 02:00 PM
blake Z

Originally Posted by Casanova
ummm..... i have old muda fkers saying F U to me cause im sitting in a 05 z at da age of 20

did you do something to **** em off.. lol. never happened to me and i'm 17.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:12 PM
iknowitsfast

HAAAHHHAHA , actually its the OPPOSITE for me...ppl dont seem to want to race me anymore...they stare and give a thumbs up! However, i do occassionally get riced out cavaliers, and sentras showing off. And all im left thinking is Awwwww, was all that for me? lol
Old 04-27-2006, 02:27 PM
styles

I had my z for about 6 months now, since then I've had cars such as cavaliers, toyota corollas, acura cl, s2000, corvettes, sti's, mustangs, civic's, etc. redline their cars next to me. I occasionally race the civic's, cavaliers, and corolla's and save the vettes, mustangs, etc. for the highway/track.
Old 04-27-2006, 02:35 PM
350Z-ack

A lot of it has to do with where you live. I bought my Z four weeks ago and haven’t had anyone seriously want to race me… YET!
Old 04-27-2006, 03:29 PM
MR_LUCIFER

loll take your car out in hollywood for more than 30 minutees see what happens
Old 04-27-2006, 03:30 PM
cyprex

Thanks for all the info! Im still looking for the Z to call my own, going to put as much down as I can to keep the payments low. Just hope I find one owned by some 60 year old Director or something lol.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:47 PM
IronMedic

yeah i had my car for a week and i got nothing but attention. more attention than when i was in my SSR. i get alot of ricers chasing me around too. its been very nice lately so i drop my top. great feeling i love the sound of the engine.

4 kids in a POS civic was chasing me around the back roads. i was trying to use my nav to find a route to the main road. the kids thought i was racing so they chased me everywhere. i came across a dead end (nav said it was a road) and they chased me down it. i told the kids "sorry the nav said it was a road" and i left them behind.
i also had a guy in a nice yukon chase me down the road. i thought he was racing or something. i came up to the light and pulled up next to me. he wanted to catch up so he can compliment the Z. god i love it
Old 04-27-2006, 07:28 PM
NISMO_GUY2003

I don't mind the occasional ricer in his honda trying to race me, but last Sunday some redneck in his POS F-250 pickup pulls up right behind me at a light, starts revving and brake torqing. I'm thinking that the moron might hit me.

So the light turns green and I pull away normally figuring why waste the gas, when I hear the pickup punch it and he's right on my a**! I punch it and quickly put about 15 car lengths between me and the idiot. I check my rear view mirror and see him quickly turn into the Walmart parking lot.

Stupid people like that should stay in their trailer homes...
Old 04-27-2006, 07:38 PM
CaliforniaZman

I have owned my 06 for 18 days now and I have had about 30 people give me a thumbs up sign or "nice ride" comment. I have had about 5 civics rev engines at me or blow by and then slow down and I have had a couple of Mustangs do it too. In all about 9 challenges and I have ignored them all I kinda get a kick out of it though I havent got this much attention from a car since I sold my 67 Mustang Fastback. But it is nice to have people appreciate such an awesome looking vehichle.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:25 PM
stiv

some redneck in his POS F-250

That's funny I thought this only happened to me. Perhaps there are a lot of Nascar fans near my commuting zone but I always seem to run into blue collar dudes in late model Ford trucks with cat-backs; and they always wanna run. You know the type: NHRA, Edelbrock, Flowmaster, and Nascar related (driver # decals) stickers festooned on the back window...

For some odd reason, these guys seem to believe that slapping a Flowmaster exhaust on a 150, 250 or 350 will instantly convert their trucks into ZO6's. I just laugh, blast The Clash or The Jam on my stereo and completely ignore them.

I'm (personally) not into street racing but I always enjoy a hearty (guttural)belly laugh.

Quick Reply: People mess with you because of the Z?