Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

People mess with you because of the Z?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 10:08 PM
cyprex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default People mess with you because of the Z?

How often do people mess with you because you drive a Z? Stuff like, people always taking the pole at a stop light just to rev at you, or people pulling along side, pacing you. I save the fun for weekend nights, not on my way to work

Im getting ready to buy one and it will be my first sports car thats not a sleeper (Had a ford Tbird SC 5 years back.)
Old 04-26-2006, 10:11 PM
Casanova

ummm..... i have old muda fkers saying F U to me cause im sitting in a 05 z at da age of 20
Old 04-26-2006, 10:15 PM
r26

used to happen all the time. but a lot of cars, even faser cars (m3,sti,evo) seem to fear or respect me now, don't know why.
Old 04-26-2006, 10:31 PM
Casanova

/
Old 04-27-2006, 12:04 AM
roast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It happens to me occasionally, on a somewhat frequent basis.

Just a few days ago I was leaving a convenience store. As I was getting back in my car I noticed there was a honda parked next to me with two teenagers inside. I got in my car, and as I backed out the kid driving decided to floor it and rev the engine to redline. The other kid turned around to see my reaction. I just busted out laughing and he started laughing too.

About a year ago, at the same store, I was leaving and some kid in a turboed AWD car (can't remember exactly what it was) had pulled in and then quickly pulled out to chase me down for a race. We ran a few times from a roll and I destroyed him. Then we did a dig and I waited for him to take the jump. He almost instantly jumped out about 2 car lengths and I still passed him by 60mph. He let off the gas right before I passed so he could pretend like he won. I flew by and never looked back, lol.

About a week ago I had a guy in shorts, no shoes, no shirt, no helmet, plenty of tattoos, on POS motorcycle pass me in a no passing zone without bothering to change lanes. He was just trying to be cute and see how close he could get to me without actually hitting me. Had I been in a "normal" car I seriously doubt he would have performed such a stunt.

Then you have the dime a dozen mustang GT's who try to pick on you. If you do actually decide to race, chances are very great that you will win, especially with the older 99-04's(haven't lost to one yet, modded or not). Be warned: It might cause the driver to throw a complete temper tantrum because he lost and start driving wrecklessly and erratic. It's happened to me more than once. Experiences like that made me reconsider even ackowledging the inferior GT's.

All in all I've had a lot of cars instigate races. In two years, I lost count a long time ago.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:33 AM
imjdoggie

I just got harassed by a 01-04 Mustang not sure what year but it was a Mach 1. He rolled me up and smoked me, I couldn't beleive it. I did not hear a SC or Turbo anyone know if the Mach 1's are faster.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:03 AM
jcs4

I've had at least 12 people wanting to race me since i bought the car (about 1 months ago)..its crazy. My previous car was a 01.5 audi s4 and ive only raced about 10 people in that car in 2 years of ownership. Before that i had 2 300zxTT and maybe a handful of races w/ that.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:04 AM
CaliforniaZman

Mach I's are faster then the stock GT.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:28 AM
z350boy
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cyprex
How often do people mess with you because you drive a Z? Stuff like, people always taking the pole at a stop light just to rev at you, or people pulling along side, pacing you. I save the fun for weekend nights, not on my way to work

Im getting ready to buy one and it will be my first sports car thats not a sleeper (Had a ford Tbird SC 5 years back.)
My biggest pet peeve are the a$$hole Honda owners. They come up along side you with their mufflers with the holes in them and harass you. I had one idiot ride my tail and not let go. I got so pissed I just dropped gears and took off, and of course the idot starst chasing me. As soon as I got a little space between us I changed lanes and hit the brakes causing him to shoot past me. At this point I rode HIS bumper and chased him for about a half mile before slowing down and letting him go. Let's face it having a Z has a burden of responsibility attached. WE should decide when and if we will use the power our vehicle has.
Old 04-27-2006, 06:39 AM
ChazzReinhold

I just bought my 06z a week and a half ago and this guy i work with has a supercharged ion and he's talkin all kinds of noise. I told him to wait till i hit about 1k miles and its on. I think i can take him even though im stock, he ran a 13.9 at the track. Either way when its all said and done even if he wins, im driving home in a 350z and he drives a saturn
Old 04-27-2006, 06:41 AM
MR_LUCIFER

Originally Posted by Casanova
ummm..... i have old muda fkers saying F U to me cause im sitting in a 05 z at da age of 20
i know exactly what you mean! lol I get all kinds of cars tryin to race me, but the crazy thing is theres always traffic in hollywood n people drive like maniacs
Old 04-27-2006, 07:05 AM
zero0 2 sixty

i get alotta ricers but just as many older guys with like their lexus gs's n stuff always trying to jump the lights so ill start to chase them n race...i mean i really dont but sometimes i giv in ..very late at night
Old 04-27-2006, 07:07 AM
visionboy

from ricers to 911 turbos...lol....
Old 04-27-2006, 07:15 AM
MR_LUCIFER

you get so much damn attention with the z its not even funny lol my old ride was a ml320(super slow) but I made it look nice I had 22's smoked tailights 05" headlights n I got less than half the attention I get with the z. Heres a link with pics of it. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2160593
Old 04-27-2006, 07:45 AM
abyss

Originally Posted by ChazzReinhold
I just bought my 06z a week and a half ago and this guy i work with has a supercharged ion and he's talkin all kinds of noise. I told him to wait till i hit about 1k miles and its on. I think i can take him even though im stock, he ran a 13.9 at the track. Either way when its all said and done even if he wins, im driving home in a 350z and he drives a saturn
You will Obliterate an Ion Redline, same as a Cobalt SS.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:59 AM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a M3 rev at me yesterday at highway speed... that was fun.

Nobody except other Z/G owners have bothered me, except for the occasional VW owner.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:03 AM
Bumble350z
Banned

well for me i get alot of ppl hating cuz i bought my own drop top ultra yellow z at the age of .....17 yes thats rite and i am not spoiled by dad...but suprisingly majority of rice cars juz gawk at the car and try to juz enjoy the view
Old 04-27-2006, 08:08 AM
350Z007

I've had M3's, SRT-4's, Civic's, trucks, SUV's, all kinds of random pos's try to race me. It's like I have a neon sign on my car that says race me ahole.
Old 04-27-2006, 08:44 AM
horse110

nope nothing here in CA, i see sti everywhere and once in while i can see some evo and m3 but nothing happens except for ALOT OF civics give me dirty looks when i smoke them

Quick Reply: People mess with you because of the Z?