Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Ethical question involving selling a 350Z....

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 11:46 AM
HDPDZO6

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TK2005
Speeding is also illegal. If no one sees you doing it or there is no record of you doing it, are you obligated to turn yourself into the police?
Nice that you compare the comission of a felony to that of speeding. Nice that you find no ill-will towards screwing someone when it comes to selling a car. Nice that you wouldn't think twice about f'ing over a member of this community (some have not yet bought a Z yet but are looking) to help your buddy sell a car on your lot.

Tell you what, move your lot to my beat area and conduct this type of practice (whether on consignment or not) and I wouldn't think twice about shutting your *** down in a heartbeat and trying my best to see that you pay a crapload in fines and possiblky spend time in my jail. BTW, allowing someone to sell an illegal vehicle on your lot, even if on consignment, makes you a party to the crime. And you have already admitted on this thread to having knowledge of the odometer tampering. Internet message board posts have been used successfully to help gain convictions btw.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:54 AM
CAN0802

Speeding is also illegal. If no one sees you doing it or there is no record of you doing it, are you obligated to turn yourself into the police?
A felony for a felony. If you molest someone and no one sees you doing it, are you obligated to turn yourself in to the police? No, but doing so or even thinking about it makes you the kind of person most would not want to be around.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:03 PM
TK2005

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HDPD350Z
Nice that you compare the comission of a felony to that of speeding. Nice that you find no ill-will towards screwing someone when it comes to selling a car. Nice that you wouldn't think twice about f'ing over a member of this community (some have not yet bought a Z yet but are looking) to help your buddy sell a car on your lot.

Tell you what, move your lot to my beat area and conduct this type of practice (whether on consignment or not) and I wouldn't think twice about shutting your *** down in a heartbeat and trying my best to see that you pay a crapload in fines and possiblky spend time in my jail. BTW, allowing someone to sell an illegal vehicle on your lot, even if on consignment, makes you a party to the crime. And you have already admitted on this thread to having knowledge of the odometer tampering. Internet message board posts have been used successfully to help gain convictions btw.
Anywho, like I said, it won't be sold on my lot. He just asked if I would but it doesn't fit in with the types of cars on my lot. An officer with morals huh? Too bad there aren't a whole lot more of you. It seems most officers put up a moral front but act differently behind closed doors. Hopefully, you're one of the good ones. I apprecaite your input though. Have I admitted to knowing anything. This could all just be a hypothetical what-if ? Couldn't it? Just making stuff up for conversation???

Last edited by TK2005; 05-06-2006 at 12:06 PM.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:05 PM
HDPDZO6

An officer with morals huh? Too bad there aren't a whole lot more of you. It seems most officers put up a moral front but act differently behind closed doors. Hopefully, you're one of the good ones. I apprecaite your input though.
Nice attempt at a derail. Still doesn't change the fact that you know what you originally asked is a felony. Especially if you are a licensed car dealer.

Way to look out for your potential 350Z community though.
Old 05-06-2006, 12:08 PM
TK2005

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HDPD350Z
Nice attempt at a derail. Still doesn't change the fact that you know what you originally asked is a felony. Especially if you are a licensed car dealer.

Way to look out for your potential 350Z community though.
No attempt of derailing here, just an observation. Is it illegal to ask questions now?