Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

clutch probs, need advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006 | 07:27 AM
cleanandquick06

Default clutch probs, need advice

ok, as some of you know i just got my car back from the body shop in ft worth where i had my body kit installed and it came out beutiful. i love it, just up until i decided to get on it the next day and my ****in clutch slips!!! slips hard like 3000 rpms. i couldnt believe it, i was so pissed. so i get back and i do some math and there is like 67 miles that are not accounted for. wtf, i called the shop today and they denied it. i then proceeded to talk to them and they said i couldnt even prove it cause i had a friend pick it up and drop it off. and ps i know he would not burn my clutch or **** around in my car. so with only 5500 miles on the car i need a new clutch. does this sound right at all? so im takin it to the dealership today to have them check it out but im worried that they burned up the clutch at the body shop. its the only thing i can think of and im worried that my warranty wont cover it. so if it doesnt im going to upgrade, so what should i install? whats a good clutch kit?, what else should i do while the trans is down, flywheel mayby? but to be honest i really just want warranty to cover it. its a 06 and i got it in december
Old 05-15-2006 | 07:43 AM
SpeedRcr

try going to the dealer first since you dont have more than 12k miles yet...tell them that its slipping and nothing more