Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Please help

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2006, 11:50 AM
ctd06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Please help

Hey guys I have been ludding around this site for a while just trying to learn as much as I can about the 350z. I am selling my 2000 trans am WS6 to get a black 03 350z. I love the sytling and the exterior but I think im gonna miss the ls1 engine. Its quick and i can knock out most in a drag race stock. Anyways im totally rampling but im really excited about getting involved in this forum. Anyways down to the question. Now i have been a member of many forums and I know how people rape u about the search button. I have searched for about two hours last night trying to answer this question but i couldnt get the keywords right. If your gonna burn me for asking this noob question then please dont reply but If someone can answer this then i would much aprreciate it. I am going to get a 350z with the navigation. And from what i understand I have heard that the navigation can only be programmed while stopped. I have also heard that the stock navigation system will play dvds but u have to be stopped. (correct me if im wrong) Can someone please tell me how I can maybe by-pass this or fix this so that I can watch dvds while moving. Basically can someone just fill me in on this subject. Thanks in advance guys and im looking foward to getting to know yall more.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:02 PM
youngZ33

sorry if this is off ur question but

the ls1 engine is fast. but to me (coming from a sti)

the 350Z's styling is just something i gave up for a little less speed. also 2 door is just plain HOT
Old 05-17-2006, 12:03 PM
gsazabi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

First of all, welcome to the forum

As far as I know, the stock navi don't play DVD from the factory, unless you have video interface unit installed separately.

Won't you just go aftermarket? You get more functions and also looks better.
I have Pioneer AVIC-N2 which can't play DVD when it motion, but
I can alway bypass the parking break sensor for it to work.

But why would you want to watch DVD while moving?
It's dangerous

(This thread should be, and will be moved to Audio forum)
Old 05-17-2006, 12:45 PM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by gsazabi
As far as I know, the stock navi don't play DVD from the factory, unless you have video interface unit installed separately.
+1
I have Pioneer AVIC-N2 which can't play DVD when it motion, but
I can alway bypass the parking break sensor for it to work.
+1. Grounding the HU's break sensor lead will bypass the system
But why would you want to watch DVD while moving?
It's dangerous
1.You'll need to bypass the lead in order to watch VCD's. 2.Passenger may want to watch movie. 3.Watching DVD's while on long trips in cruise control is not as difficult as it may seem.

(This thread should be, and will be moved to Audio forum)
+1
Old 05-17-2006, 01:03 PM
ctd06

Thumbs up ?????

Hey guys thanks alot for the replys but I am pretty stupid when it comes to audio so maybe you need to talk in stupid terms. Some of that seemed like a foreign language..... . thanks again to for not burning me about my ?. Adn yes all of this navigation and dvd watching will be for the passenger. See and once i hook all that up i might later down the rode want to put a xbox or something in it. But thanks again guys....keep the replys coming