Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

What's with Z owners?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 01:50 AM
Acidskie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most Z owners of course are handsome, charming, wonderful people of good taste!
It's like she knew me when she wrote that

I've not had one single Z owner wave/flash/nod. And I have passed a few too.
Old 05-18-2006, 03:21 AM
lane myers

i always wave, around here though, the response is 50/50...
Old 05-18-2006, 03:57 AM
HoustonChamp

Man you are soooooo right!!!! They show no love to other Z drivers. I think those are the people that dont really care much about their Z, they just drive it. No all Z drivers are like that though. some show love!
Old 05-18-2006, 04:03 AM
tooskerdo

Unhappy

Once i was getting gas and a black touring z pulled in behind me. A dark skinned gentlemen stepped out, and i say"looks good, how do you like it" The gut looks at me, gives me a blown off smurk w/ the with drawn head spin around, and ignored me presence. So i got in my truck and took out my pix of my yellow track model w/ vizage1 kit, pipes, vortech, etc. Iwalk over and say "check this out" He replies"so!" So i leave. Then i see him fliing down the street past me like he was racing himself.(i guess u can't loose that way)(although he probably did!) He pulls into a local buisiness.(so now i know were he works. The next day i cruised by about noonish. The gentlemen was leaving in his car, so i ran up beside him. He see's me and shifts down, and floors it. I'm coasting beside him as he's hitting the limiter. He pull's into winking lizard, i go in behind him. He get's out and say's, nothing like having your *** handed to you. I just looked at him, kinda put my head down and got back in my car and left. The guy was a lost cause, and a jerk. Some people buy the car thinking it may put them higher on the status chain, and even though we own the same car, they are still better than us. I could have laughed in the guy's face, and asked why he purchased the touring instead of the track that has better rims, brakes, etc. Or i could have just said, Duece bag, i'm putting 398 down at the rear wheels(495 total) you did'nt have a chance in hell. Any way, if people don't wanna be polite, or friendly don't loose any sleep over it. I can't spell or type
Old 05-18-2006, 04:26 AM
davidf

Sorry but I only wave at other track model owners [no brembos, no wave], ok J/K, seriously I don't notice most of the time do to watching traffic or looking the other way, until I catch a glimpes in my rear view. Theres not many Z's here in Beaumont. There are so many G/D hondas here that are constantly revving at me that I've learned to completely ignore people in sake of my sanity.
Old 05-18-2006, 09:47 AM
indokidd01

Honestly, It's all about the character of the person driving the Z. Either they're shy, or cocky. Let's all think that they're shy.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:21 AM
horse110

too many Zs here in socal...most of them are teenagers who speed around smoking hondas and give the "tough guy" looks... but i do wave to most of the Zs i see
Old 05-18-2006, 05:44 PM
yell03

Having owned numerous COOL cars:

Vettes, Vipers, Cobras, 5.0s, WS6s, 350Zs, etc...

I make it a point to wave to any cool car I see, whether it be a Vette, Viper, 350Z, STi, EVO, SRT4, Cobra, etc...

There is a large segment of people who are car lovers as opposed to brand loyalists. Those are the ones I choose to associate with.

The rest can kiss my ---

Howard
Old 05-18-2006, 06:02 PM
Cannysage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tooskerdo
Once i was getting gas and a black touring z pulled in behind me. A dark skinned gentlemen stepped out, and i say"looks good, how do you like it" The gut looks at me, gives me a blown off smurk w/ the with drawn head spin around, and ignored me presence.
wow, that's the biggest d*ck story that I've ever read.. I would've punched him in the head and gave him a HUGE wedgy.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:11 PM
Morningglorie

Which one?

You know, if someone followed me to my place of work, trying to talk about my car when I'd clearly indicated I didn't want to talk to him, I'd be inclined to call the police, or at least notify a security guard.

Friendly is fine, but if someone doesn't want to talk to you, leave them alone.
Old 05-18-2006, 08:49 PM
Zhane

I always seem to see the guys who think there stock Z has 100 more hp than mine? they usually take off or drive like a retard through traffic. Maybe it's a MD/VA thing I haven't had any overly nice experiences with any Z's at all.
Old 05-19-2006, 04:29 AM
fusionchicken

Originally Posted by 35oZephyR
That is SOMEwhat true from the meets I've been to, only because the average age of a 350z/G35 owner is a tad older than the other import drivers.

They seem a little more standoff-ish or cliquey but that's just a matter of relating to your own demograph.

On top of that, you also get some "Joe blows" who bought the car primarly because it's "universally appealing". Those guys are going to be snobs from the get-go.

Just my take.
i see....

maybe u guys can organize a "nice 350z/g35 owners only" meet and i'll be sure to show up lol

jk jk, but it's kind of sad, because i really want to know about the z33's more, and meet some owners...but what my friends told me prevented from attending any z33 meets so far
Old 05-19-2006, 07:00 AM
Kanyon71

Originally Posted by yell03
Having owned numerous COOL cars:

Vettes, Vipers, Cobras, 5.0s, WS6s, 350Zs, etc...

I make it a point to wave to any cool car I see, whether it be a Vette, Viper, 350Z, STi, EVO, SRT4, Cobra, etc...

There is a large segment of people who are car lovers as opposed to brand loyalists. Those are the ones I choose to associate with.

The rest can kiss my ---

Howard
Thats what it's all about, just because you own a certain car doesn't mean the rest are garbage. I have also owned and driven many fast cars, some more exotic then others.

Honestly some of the nicest guys I met where from a Porsche club these are guys driving Boxsters, 911, 911TT, 356 all sorts of nice cars. The majority of them where just car guys though they had appreciation for all sorts of cars, they talked about the cars they had growing up and rebuilding them. Mods they do to their cars (many of them done themselves) and so on.

I think like in any aspect of life some people are cool and some are just ******. I myself love cars doesn't matter if it's american, german, japanese or what if it's fast and fun to drive I am all over it.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:18 AM
yell03

Kanyon71 -

You got it right!!!

I always say, I love cars and one day I will own one of each one that I love.

Still waiting on that Ferrari

Howard
Old 05-19-2006, 11:47 AM
Z_freak

Originally Posted by 35oZephyR
That is SOMEwhat true from the meets I've been to, only because the average age of a 350z/G35 owner is a tad older than the other import drivers.

They seem a little more standoff-ish or cliquey but that's just a matter of relating to your own demograph.

On top of that, you also get some "Joe blows" who bought the car primarly because it's "universally appealing". Those guys are going to be snobs from the get-go.

Just my take.
I have to disagree a lil on this because so far every 350Z owner that I have been able to talk has been very kool.....driving down the road it's a different story but in person I think Z owners are straight up.....as far G owners I don't know, will advise after June 3rd.....

I do agree with the joe blow thing though.....plenty of those out there....
Old 05-19-2006, 11:50 AM
Z_freak

Originally Posted by Cannysage
wow, that's the biggest d*ck story that I've ever read.. I would've punched him in the head and gave him a HUGE wedgy.

lmao
Old 05-19-2006, 07:59 PM
fusionchicken

Originally Posted by Kanyon71
Thats what it's all about, just because you own a certain car doesn't mean the rest are garbage. I have also owned and driven many fast cars, some more exotic then others.

Honestly some of the nicest guys I met where from a Porsche club these are guys driving Boxsters, 911, 911TT, 356 all sorts of nice cars. The majority of them where just car guys though they had appreciation for all sorts of cars, they talked about the cars they had growing up and rebuilding them. Mods they do to their cars (many of them done themselves) and so on.

I think like in any aspect of life some people are cool and some are just ******. I myself love cars doesn't matter if it's american, german, japanese or what if it's fast and fun to drive I am all over it.
this is exactly the way i am
Old 05-20-2006, 03:37 AM
35oZephyR

Originally Posted by Z_freak
I have to disagree a lil on this because so far every 350Z owner that I have been able to talk has been very kool.....driving down the road it's a different story but in person I think Z owners are straight up.....as far G owners I don't know, will advise after June 3rd.....

I do agree with the joe blow thing though.....plenty of those out there....
Hah ... and I HAVE to agree with you.

Most Z owners I've met, mainly 9 out of 10 guys at club meets or face to face have been more than sincere.

I was just simply taking a guess as to why people tend to stereotype us.

"They seem a little more standoff-ish or cliquey but that's just a matter of relating to your own demograph."
Old 05-20-2006, 03:42 AM
djnc

Z owners around chicago are either enthusiasts and are really cool, or other people and are snobby jerkoffs...the former is much more rare...at least that's how it seems on the roads
Old 05-20-2006, 05:50 AM
AZNNBLK

z owners around north cali are pretty cool.. i say 70% would acknowledge other z drivers.. there will always be exceptions.. i always give the thumbs up to other z drivers no matter whether the car is stock, or modified, etc..

Quick Reply: What's with Z owners?