Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Nissan 350z 30K Maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 11:55 AM
doc10374

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My father has been worked for Nissan for 15 years and is now a service manage. They will not void your warranty if you do not get the service schedule maintance as this is OPTIONAL RECCOMMENDED SERVICE. Read what is included in the services....it is all checks and test that can be accomplished by you. Save the money for an additional mod. Just change your oil regularly(synthetic) and check all fluids, belts and hoses. If that is all good then......drive it like you stole it!!!
Old 07-05-2006, 11:56 AM
06Firebase

Smile

Thank you, bmac03z, vo7848, MustGoFastr, and doc!

In all fairness to the dealer I still did not get all the hardcopies of the warranty, etc. They said the powertrain was good to 100K. The paper work is supposed to be here in 30 days (by 7-24-06)

I just got back from "STS" (store #059 in Delran, NJ) and had the car up on a lift. I visually inspected every square inch under the car. It needed an oil change, and I switched to a full synthetic (regardless of what the salesman said). STS also replaced and improved a defective muffler clamp, by cutting off excess threads. Looked like the old one hit something. So I gained another 3/4" ground clearance!

As I said earlier, I will report back to you guys on what I experience. So far, the dealer showed me that the three major recalls were done on the computer, but with no hardcopy (yet).

I got (and have gotten in the past) GREAT service from "STS" ! Kudos to store #059 on Route 130 in Delran, NJ! Thanks to Wayne Coleman and Juan OrteGa, who personally showed me the work they did, and allowed me to inspect under my car while it was up on the lift, "insurance regulations" be damned. 5 qts full synthetic oil + filter + muffler clamp, etc. cost me only $66 which I was only too happy to pay.

NOW . . . I can start to watch if I'm losing oil, etc. b/c I now know where I stand! I also got to see where the air filter is b/c I have the CAI.

I feel a little better now.

Yeah, I know I should do some of this stuff myself. Problem is I only have a few tools, and at my age, it's just not worth the time and effort to do my own oil changes. Now I saw that plastic shield that you guys were talking about. What a PITA to do this if you only have a Nissan jack and a few wrenches.

It's about time I stopped worrying and started to "enjoy the ride", don't ya think?

Thanks,
Joe

Last edited by 06Firebase; 07-05-2006 at 12:03 PM.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:06 PM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Originally Posted by 06Firebase
Thank you, bmac03z, vo7848, MustGoFastr, and doc!

In all fairness to the dealer I still did not get all the hardcopies of the warranty, etc. They said the powertrain was good to 100K. The paper work is supposed to be here in 30 days (by 7-24-06)

I just got back from "STS" (store #059 in Delran, NJ) and had the car up on a lift. I visually inspected every square inch under the car. It needed an oil change, and I switched to a full synthetic (regardless of what the salesman said). STS also replaced and improved a defective muffler clamp, by cutting off excess threads. Looked like the old one hit something. So I gained another 3/4" ground clearance!

As I said earlier, I will report back to you guys on what I experience. So far, the dealer showed me that the three major recalls were done on the computer, but with no hardcopy (yet).

I got (and have gotten in the past) GREAT service from "STS" ! Kudos to store #059 on Route 130 in Delran, NJ! Thanks to Wayne Coleman and Juan OrteGa, who personally showed me the work they did, and allowed me to inspect under my car while it was up on the lift, "insurance regulations" be damned. 5 qts full synthetic oil + filter + muffler clamp, etc. cost me only $66 which I was only too happy to pay.

NOW . . . I can start to watch if I'm losing oil, etc. b/c I now know where I stand! I also got to see where the air filter is b/c I have the CAI.

I feel a little better now.

Yeah, I know I should do some of this stuff myself. Problem is I only have a few tools, and at my age, it's just not worth the time and effort to do my own oil changes. Now I saw that plastic shield that you guys were talking about. What a PITA to do this if you only have a Nissan jack and a few wrenches.

It's about time I stopped worrying and started to "enjoy the ride", don't ya think?

Thanks,
Joe
glad to see things are working out.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:14 PM
Blayzed

I just passed the 30k mark recently and called my two local nissan dealers for 30k service. one quoted 379 and the other 399.
After looking at the list of services performed I just decided that I would do all that I could myself.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:24 PM
06Firebase

Originally Posted by Blayzed
I just passed the 30k mark recently and called my two local nissan dealers for 30k service. one quoted 379 and the other 399.
After looking at the list of services performed I just decided that I would do all that I could myself.

Yes, the real problem is that no one seems to completely agree on what exactly HAS to be done at 30,000 miles!

For example, my dealer says that the differential oil doesn't need to be changed until 105,000 miles. My manual says it should "be checked" every 3750 miles, and "STS" says it should be replaced at 30,000 miles.

That's only just one item. What about the rest?

I could go on and on. What is a new guy supposed to do?

Thanks again.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:27 PM
06Firebase

All I want is just to "enjoy the ride" fer cryin' out loud!
Old 07-05-2006, 01:35 PM
MustGoFastR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I can tell you that the oil that came out of my tranny and diff looked new when I drained it. There was a fair amount of iron filings stuck to the diff's magnetic drain plug, but that's to be expected as parts wear in and why the mahnet is there. It probbaly wasn't crucial that the oil was changed; just depends on how **** you are and if you drive the car very hard or not. My coolant looked new as well, and my cluth and brake fluid, but I care for my car very well. They make those service schedules up assuming the absolute worst conditions the car could be under, so if you take care of your ride and don't totally beat on it, you probably don't need to change out all that stuff.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:51 PM
bailey bill

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 06Firebase
Yes, the real problem is that no one seems to completely agree on what exactly HAS to be done at 30,000 miles!

For example, my dealer says that the differential oil doesn't need to be changed until 105,000 miles. My manual says it should "be checked" every 3750 miles, and "STS" says it should be replaced at 30,000 miles.

That's only just one item. What about the rest?

I could go on and on. What is a new guy supposed to do?

Thanks again.
New guy, old guy, whatever. Just follow the Owner's Manual.

bill
Old 07-05-2006, 03:09 PM
mg350ZR

Originally Posted by bailey bill
... Just follow the Owner's Manual.

bill
What he said.

Any other additional service "recommended" by the dealer or other mechanics is simply a way for them to separate you from your money.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:57 AM
ssawa

Originally Posted by dubbzdiggler
Has anyone been to the dealership for warranty work with a Pop-charger? Just curious since it's not like a full cold air, it's basically changing the air box and putting in a different filter. Has anyone been given ****e for it?

Yes, several times and they never said a thing. However, my dealer (Torre Nissan) has ALWAYS taken care of me.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:18 AM
ANXIOUZ

Originally Posted by [b
dubbzdiggler[/b]]Has anyone been to the dealership for warranty work with a Pop-charger? Just curious since it's not like a full cold air, it's basically changing the air box and putting in a different filter. Has anyone been given ****e for it?
They definitely take note that you're modded but I haven't received any crap for intake/exhaust. Once when I was going to pick up my keys I overheard a tech yell "exhaust" to the person typing on the computer. But for TSB issues they usually don't care if it's unrelated to the issue.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:20 AM
desiZ

Does Performance Nissan have any say on this 30k Service ? (off-the-record maybe? )

Would be nice to hear it from the board favorite dealer...

Last edited by desiZ; 07-07-2006 at 09:10 AM.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:29 AM
06Firebase

Smile

Originally Posted by bailey bill
New guy, old guy, whatever. Just follow the Owner's Manual.

bill

OK . . . but the Owner's Manual also says you can wash your car with dishwashing soap!

Would you do that? I wouldn't.

My point was that there is a lot of conflicting information out there. Also, if the dealer was trying to take my money, they would have said replace the diff oil at 30K miles instead of 105K, right? As a newcomer to the "Z", I'm trying to get to some sort of consensus here on what is really required. I realize that Nissan perhaps is being ultra-conservative in their estimates of required service, etc.

I appreciate this site and getting your opinions. DesiZ may be on the right track in seeking out what Performance Nissan suggests.

All best,
Joe
Old 07-07-2006, 10:52 AM
ANXIOUZ

If I think the item might be under (extended) warranty then I go to the dealer. All else, go elsewhere.

You just have to be able to prove that you are taking car of the car as far as the warranty goes. Have the car checked out at regular intervals and keep the paperwork. It doesn't have to be done at the (slow, expensive) dealership.