Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Out With The Old, In With The New

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 01:03 PM
atlsupdawg#2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Out With The Old, In With The New

Welp, it was confirmed friday evening that the body shop has totalled my '05 Chrome Silver with estimated front end damage upwards of $17k. Kinda bummed about it but fortunately I'm alright and I didn't kill the guy who pulled out in front of me, which I probably would've had I t-boned him. VERY close call!!!

Anyway shot out to the dealer today and got approved, pending receipt of the letter from my insurance stating that they're totalling the car. Dealer should have the '06 Redline Touring with the Frost Leather interior in sometime next week or so. Kinda stoked all over again

Granted I can get a copy of the estimate the body shop did and determine whether the repairs would be out of my reach (which I doubt), I may even purchase my old '05 back from my insurance company. USAA said that unlike most insurance companies that make you go to the auction to purchase the car back, they'll actually work directly with me before putting it on the auction block. Buy back would be somewhere in the range of 5-7% of the settled amount. If not I definitely need to ****** my springs and exhaust off the car..
Old 05-28-2006, 01:06 PM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are you ordering it with frost interior on purpose? Or is that they only thing they had for the redline?
Old 05-28-2006, 01:15 PM
atlsupdawg#2

Originally Posted by ZlleH
Are you ordering it with frost interior on purpose? Or is that they only thing they had for the redline?
Before going in I went online to check the options and thought it would be slick. When I got to the dealer I told them exactly what I wanted and salesman said they can get it within a week or so. Is this a special order type deal or what? If so I'm sure I'll hear back from the guy next week about it.
Old 05-28-2006, 02:02 PM
HighwaySpeed

Thumbs up

1-White

2-Silver

3-Gray
Old 05-28-2006, 02:08 PM
HighwaySpeed

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by atlsupdawg#2
When I got to the dealer I told them exactly what I wanted and salesman said they can get it within a week or so. Is this a special order type deal or what? If so I'm sure I'll hear back from the guy next week about it.
It sounds like the dealer is trying to get that car from another dealer.

I'd search dealer inventories at the Nissan site using my zip code [If I were you].

My dealer ordered my car [From Japan] in 1/06 and it was delivered in 4/06.
Old 05-28-2006, 08:27 PM
Fletch69z

At least you're staying in the family, . Sorry to hear about the old car though...
Old 05-28-2006, 08:30 PM
blasian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn man, I'd say it sucks but dayum... Glad to hear you'll be getting another Z
Old 05-28-2006, 08:44 PM
FibreGuy

If your dealer is doing a dealer transfer, make sure you do a very detailed inspection of the whole vehicle before you take possession. My 06 came through a dealer transfer also and somebody at 1 of the 2 dealers damaged each one of my wheels. Of course, I did not think I had to look that that closely at everything when buying a new car. And when I finally noticed the damage and documented it, too much time had passed for my dealer to take full responsibility ($6,000). The damage was inside the holes on each wheel where the lug nuts are. They scratched 10 out of 20 of the holes. Sorry bout the length, but it had to be.