Voters: 211. You may not vote on this poll

350z or rx8 or rsx-s

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 08:54 AM
davids
F U StuLax18

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bdahern
I just got rid of a 2002 RSX-S for a 2006 350Z - if your friend drives the Z there is no way he will buy an RSX-S. Nice car, but really there is no comparision.
Ditto, I just did the same and love it.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:08 AM
03zsmith25

at least 3 peopel on here need new cars
Old 05-29-2006, 09:36 AM
tyandrews

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've said this before on this post, but i traded an 05 rx8 for an 03 350z, straight across....and by far the best thing ive ever done. The z is a true sports car, the rx8 is good, but no power, and the rsx only has 2 doors, why get two doors and four seats, thats what grinds my gears. i'd say go with the Z.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:42 AM
zpwnzu

how can you dismiss the ride quality of the z when you admit that you havent driven or sat in one? before you go asking questions on a forum, drive the cars you are looking at first...
Old 05-29-2006, 09:42 AM
HighwaySpeed

Exclamation

Originally Posted by fusionchicken
pros: great handling (not as good as rx8), very good low end torque for the streets, and good power overall. roomier interior relative to rx8. more reliable than rx8 in general.

cons: 2 seats, doesn't respond to power mods well, unless FI is employed. ride quality not as good as rx8 (but not very sure since i havn't driven/sat in one). not much trunk space. bad mpg (but slightly better than rx8)
LMAO!

The 350Z : Is a true SPORTS COUPE [ie 2 seats], It out handles an RX8 in its' sleep, It does not have an Ion's 4 doors, It has a true SPORTS CAR suspension, It is a hatchback [no trunk], Current true SPORTS CARS are not bought for their gas mileage properties.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:24 AM
sisco534

I have driven all three. I drove a lot of cars before getting the Z...I traded my 1999 SS Z28(LOVED THAT CAR) it was fast but handled like crap...so switching cars and being comfortable with it was hard UNTIL I test drove my Z then I was hooked. I didnt look to see was easy to mod I didnt care about gas I wanted quick,sexy and handling and it was the Z. Always test drive a car, magazines cant tell you exactly how it feels to drive only you can do that.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:28 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

With respect, if your friend has 350Z questions, then your friend should ask them.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:40 AM
Reyes_USN

Originally Posted by fusionchicken
hmm.....which part of what i said about the 350z, other than ride quality, require me to drive one to figure out? nissan's website tells me almost all those things already.
as for relative power/handling to rx8 and rsx-s, it's from magazines and other sources. it's the best i could do with a car i havn't personally driven.

yes eventually test drives for all 3 cars will be done....but i'm trying to get opinions from ppl who have already done that.

if you define ride quality as in not feeling the bumps on the road and the stiff suspension then the Z is not your car, its meant to be a firm ride. You cant just go off what Nissan's site says you gotta drive it and see for yourself if its for you. As far as the RX8 goes ..driven it, IMO its not in the same league as the Z in terms of performance. The Z will outhandle the RX8 any day of the week twice on sunday..pplus the RX8 gets some crappy gas mileage to top it off ots a 1.3 with a 6 speed!! plus the Saturn ION doors just kill the image of the car. As far as the RSX type s, my best friend has one, it does great on gas mileage, practicality (rear seats bigger cargo) but it doesnt compare to either the RX8 or the Z in terms of performance. Guess it just depends on what youre lookin for in a car?
Old 05-29-2006, 10:52 AM
HeelnToe

Originally Posted by priscilla ls1
Who Voted for the RX-8?
LOL, I'm one of them. Of course, I'm a bit biased since I own one

Still, keep in mind the guy wants to know which car is best for his friend, not for you guys. A friend who is new to sports cars and coming from an Avalon.

The Z is a fantastic car, but might it not be a bit too much to handle, too much raw sports-car for an ex-Avalon owner? At least with the 8 he gets to keep four seats and a less punishing (from what I read) ride.
Old 05-29-2006, 11:56 AM
AParshall04

Originally Posted by priscilla ls1
Who Voted for the RX-8?
Seriously, the rx-8 is the most disappointing car i have ever driven. It was all hyped up, looked absolutely sweet, handles like a dream...but i'd rather drive my mom's Infiniti i35 than that thing. It was so damn slow, especially below like 7k rpm. Such a boring car to drive and overpriced to boot.

Make sure he drives each car, that's what i did and that's exactly why i chose the Z.
Old 05-29-2006, 11:57 AM
AParshall04

Originally Posted by HeelnToe
LOL, I'm one of them. Of course, I'm a bit biased since I own one

Still, keep in mind the guy wants to know which car is best for his friend, not for you guys. A friend who is new to sports cars and coming from an Avalon.

The Z is a fantastic car, but might it not be a bit too much to handle, too much raw sports-car for an ex-Avalon owner? At least with the 8 he gets to keep four seats and a less punishing (from what I read) ride.
I went from a jeep wrangler to a 350z...too much raw power...you are a *****.
Old 05-29-2006, 12:00 PM
jinsei888

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

lol who voted for the now currently discontinued rsx? haha

-1 FTL
Old 05-29-2006, 12:16 PM
diwun67

The RSX is discontinued??
Old 05-29-2006, 12:30 PM
03zsmith25

absolutely
Old 05-29-2006, 12:30 PM
phenix

Probably won't be an 07 RSX. I'm getting ready to trade an 05 RSX-S for a 06 base Z. I can tell you the difference between my car and the ZR I test drove is like the difference I felt when going from my Ponitiac Sunfire to the RSX (huge diff). Yes, the RSX responds better to mods, but so what, the Z has far superior performance out of the box. If you spend $2000 less on the RSX, you'll turn around and spend that on mods (intake, exhaust, race header, tires) and be about even with a stock Z (from 30mph up when you can get traction). But you'll still be out-handled and out-braked by the Z and your girlfriend will leave you for the fat guy next door that bought a Z
Old 05-29-2006, 01:04 PM
HeelnToe

Originally Posted by AParshall04
Seriously, the rx-8 is the most disappointing car i have ever driven.
LOL, it's fun to be so in love with a car that everyone (except owners and car reviewers) loves to hate. Different cars appeal to different needs. The 8 fits mine perfectly

Seriously, the whole point of the 8 is to combine sports car performance (in a dynamic, experiential, subjective, sensual sense - not just 1/4 mile times) with the practicality and comfort of a sedan.

If someone owns an Avalon... and wants to have sports-car fun too... the RX-8 sounds like a good fit.

The RSX is a ton of fun too, but I'm guessing an Avalon owner would find it a step down in terms of luxury and prestige (not that *I* care about those things, but an Avalon owner might).

The Z is a huge context shift from a Avalon. No rear seats. No trunk. Not even a glove compartment, right? Kick-*** thumping stereo. Very stiff sport suspension. Torquey, chomping at the bit engine. All the things you guys love, I know... but coming from an Avalon, it might be a bit of a culture shock, lol.
Old 05-29-2006, 01:17 PM
Mid117

RX-8's are slow as hell....I ran one from a roll and all i heard was his rotary screaming, i didnt even have to downshift to smoke him.

the newer RSX's look too much like a civic...the earlier RSX's looked much better. Even though they respond to mods better, installing aftermarket exhaust makes it sound like those ricey civics/integras.

Get the Z....great amount of torque, sexy styling, and great sounding stock exhaust....my only complaint is the blindspots, but after a while i got used to it, so it doesnt matter anymore.

I have no regrets getting a Z....tell your friend to test drive it.
Old 05-29-2006, 01:31 PM
05Blu3z

Originally Posted by Mid117
RX-8's are slow as hell....I ran one from a roll and all i heard was his rotary screaming, i didnt even have to downshift to smoke him.

the newer RSX's look too much like a civic...the earlier RSX's looked much better. Even though they respond to mods better, installing aftermarket exhaust makes it sound like those ricey civics/integras.

Get the Z....great amount of torque, sexy styling, and great sounding stock exhaust....my only complaint is the blindspots, but after a while i got used to it, so it doesnt matter anymore.

I have no regrets getting a Z....tell your friend to test drive it.

the "old" rsx and the "new" rsx are the same the only thing they changed on the exterior are the lights....
Old 05-29-2006, 01:35 PM
Mid117

Originally Posted by 05Blu3z
the "old" rsx and the "new" rsx are the same the only thing they changed on the exterior are the lights....
yeah, i liked the older ones better.
Old 05-29-2006, 02:11 PM
350V

Smile

Originally Posted by AParshall04
Seriously, the rx-8 is the most disappointing car i have ever driven. It was all hyped up, looked absolutely sweet, handles like a dream...but i'd rather drive my mom's Infiniti i35 than that thing. It was so damn slow, especially below like 7k rpm. Such a boring car to drive and overpriced to boot.

Make sure he drives each car, that's what i did and that's exactly why i chose the Z.
I have to agree. The RSX-S has little torque. only good thing about it is that it's easy to drive. As a Z owner I say go with the Z.

Quick Reply: 350z or rx8 or rsx-s