Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Share Your Nissan 350z Horror Story

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 09:48 AM
rsmith170

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Share Your Nissan 350z Horror Story

I bought an 03 350z with 28,000 miles on it. The car was awesome considering I had been driving a 98 vw Jetta 5spd with painted flat black rims, a decent system, and exhaust. I drove my Z for four months to and from work and one road trip from Philly to Maryland. I washed, waxed and polished my new ride religiously. I had the windows tinted, started shopping for rims and body kits, and other good stuff to make my Z unique. Then, my Z went completely to ****.
There was the familiar 2nd to 3rd grind, then the 3rd to 4th grind, which was a new one for me. I wanted to take the car in, but I didn't have another car to drive, gave the vw to my down and out uncle who just got another job. That is another completely different story! Anyways, I had the car towed to Nissan at the Automall in Philly. They were complete A#@holes. I wanted to ****** the guy over the counter and punch him in the face after dealing with his bullsh*t. They tried to bend me over for 900 for a clutch, then see about the transmission, instead of fixing both at the same time. They were trying to make some money because the transmission is all warranty work. So, I call Exton, where I bought the car.
I arrange to have the car towed there and the tow guy gets there and tells me I have to ride with the car. Well, I had been told all I had to do was leave the keys with the tow guy and go to work to pay for all of this sh*t. So, this is a Sat. and I have to wait until Tuesday to do anything about it cause I have work on Monday and off Tues. I finally get the car up there to Exton on Tues morning almost a week after the clutch strated to slip. Then, the service guy at Exton, Mark, calls me and says the flywheel is blue and completely damaged, the clutch is fryed, and the muffler is damaged. I knew the clutch was gone, but the flywheel and the muffler were suprises to me. Flywheels rarely go bad in cars with only 34,000 miles. And the muffler was damaged by these guys when taking the car apart and he had the nerve to quote me 450 for a muffler, 900 for a flywheel, and 450 for a clutch. But, he was only charging me 80 for labor. He was trying to sound like a great guy by charging me only 80 for labor.
I found clutches ranging from 300s to 400s, flywheels from 350s to 600s, and I looked at performance mufflers on this site with sound clips, one of which I love for only about 700. This guy was bending me over and slamming it to me. I told him I will buy my own flywheel and fu*k the muffler. I will get it fixed elsewhere. Put the muffler in the passenger side of my car and call it a day. I ordered a fidanza billet flywheel for 354 with shipping. The part was damaged in the warehouse or something. So, my money was refunded to paypal. I tried to transfer the cash back into my paypal account and the first transfer failed. I had to try again and wait for another 3 to 4 business days. Talking with paypal jerks who try to talk over you and know nothing of emails that were sent to you by them is just a frustrating as dealing with these as*holes at Nissan. I finally got my money back from them yesterday. I bought a fidanza flywheel from ulitmatez.com and they sent me a 300zx flywheel! Talk about being fed up with this ongoing saga. I would not have even known it was the incorrect one until I called to see if it was coming soon. They guy was sincerely sorry and at this point, I could not even get mad. He apologized and overnighted the correct flywheel. Man oh man.
Meanwhile back at Nissan, I took them the flywheel three days ago and I thought my car would be ready today. They call this morning and tell me that the brand new transmission out of the box does not work and that they ordered another one and it will be another 3 to 4 days and I will be back on the road. Then, Mark starts asking me about my muffler. I asked him what the hell happened to it. I watched my car being loaded on the flatbed both times on and off and they were very careful with my ride. The muffler was fine when it went in for service. So, I asked him what happened and he told me a bolt rusted and it broke off (or should I say they broke it off). I am thinking to myself, how the hell did this guy get enough nerve to call me and tell me the muffler is broken and to get a new one it will be 450 when this as*hole broke it himself and it was only one damn bolt that could be easily fixed. I could not believe it. I wanted to slap this guy through the phone. So, I asked him in a firm but not a*shole voice whether they could do anything about my muffler, weld it or something. He called me back and said they will take care of it.
Oh, and last but not least, I did not even get into my current transportation situation. Luckily, I was able to borrow a car for three weeks, but had to rent one for two weeks that set me back 400 something. On top of all this, my tmobile sidekick 2 broke and I am waiting for them to send me another one in the mail as I am writing this post. Anyonne with a horror story close to this one or worse, please share your nightmare so that I can feel like there were others who have been gang banged by Nissan.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:49 AM
sq40

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Please break that up in paragraphs, the "sea" of text is hard to follow.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:54 AM
chuckie311

sholdnt this be covered under warrenty or did they not give you one..
Old 06-26-2006, 09:56 AM
plumpzz

man you had a ****ty 5 weeks. you should go to another dealership
Old 06-26-2006, 09:59 AM
carmel300zx

Next time ordering parts go to Coz (www.conceptzperformance.com). He is a legend in the 300ZX community for customer service and he also support 350Z. He will beat anybody's price!!
Old 06-26-2006, 10:03 AM
Z_rican

Wow1 I can relate to your pain. I bought my Z used. 03 of course. Driving home I noticed that 3rd grinded. To make a story short. The car had bad brakes, head unit that did not work, bad tranny, clutch, flywheel(had blue spots also) and bad throw out bearings. I was with out my car for over a month. The Z is my only car. I ended up payng close to 2 grand if I remember correctly. The service sucked, bad customer service. It was a terrible experience. So I definately feel you on this one bro. Good luck.
Old 06-26-2006, 01:59 PM
Elohite

i hit a mailbox
Old 06-26-2006, 02:18 PM
kourosH

my sidekick II broke one time too..i didnt have inusrance of course..and paid 150 for a used one..its good now tho
Old 06-26-2006, 02:26 PM
sein

Damn, you went threw the ringer!
Old 06-26-2006, 02:32 PM
Brick-Z

03 Brickyard with only 14,000 miles on it:

-Fuel hose recall
-Grease streaks on the windows
-Window motor about to blow

.....what next
Old 06-26-2006, 02:36 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

my horror story, went to bankston nissan to get my hatch shocks replaced. they didnt have them in stock to they told me they would call me when they got in. they called me a week later. dropped the car off in the morning. service rep asked me if i wanted new front tires for the tire roar issue. a bit caught off guard, i said, why not. they proceeded to have them replaced and had they fronts realigned. they replaced the shocks with new ones. changed my oil and washed my car (which i did not know they would do otherwise i would have told them to skip that part). car was ready the same day as promised and i was out a whole $20 for the oil change.
Old 06-26-2006, 02:54 PM
driftk1d

heres my story,

i went in to buy a brand new 04 roadster, but the one i wanted wasnt there...so they made me pay $500 to order one that was in FLA...WTF??...when it got here, 3 weeks later, it wasnt the one i wanted...so the nissan ppl went to work to MAKE it how i wanted. They failed horribly. i wanted a 6 speed transmission, the netted burnt orange seats, navigation, heated n powered seats and the 18" rims. I got what looked like a automatic base model.

By the time nissan finished getting it how i "wanted" (3 more weeks later) i was already thinking about just screwin it, but i already put the 500 down to get the car to GA...so i just went with it. When i got the car, it had the seats and they were mototized, but they wernt heated, not a big deal...but they fu*ked up with my Nav. They didnt give me FACTORY nav, they gave me some cheap as* audiovox one n half as8ed the install....not to mention take up half my "glove compartment" spave with the hard drive for it. They didnt even put a motorized lid on it...so now i cant even close it, it stayes open ALL THE TIME. The salesman told me they would fix all this the comming up friday n set a appointment for me. On the drive home i set the nav to test it out...it worked ok, but when the nav talked to me/told me directions, all my gauges went out, tach, speed, everything.

The next friday i take it back n they say i dont have an appointment, i asked for the sales person i bought the car forom n turns out he QUIT....wtf, i talked to Nissan about it, but since i ordered the car n they ONLY put in Nissan factory nav, the wont fix my problem because they think its an aftermarket system...turns out the guy didnt even have my nav installed at nissan. i got screwed
Old 06-26-2006, 02:56 PM
SAC350Z

racoon = 1
350z = 1

racoon thought he could take on the 350z at 60 mph...poor thing never had a chance...it set me back more than a grand in parts damage results were a cracked bumper, radiator support, rebar, fan shroud, bent the radiator and condensor, and several plastic pieces...had the car for about a month and had my first "kill".
Old 06-26-2006, 06:40 PM
rsmith170

Sorry for the long story. I just needed to vent on this one. I got screwed by nissan and I needed to know that I am not the only one getting bent over by these jerks.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:15 PM
d!abolic

Ha! You think you had it bad?? Brother!!

- clutch / flywheel GONE after 4,000km... on NYE, 1hr before countdown!
- window streaks
- fuel hose recall
- window motor gone
- tranny 2nd to 3rd grind
- aftermarket blinkers fell out of sockets and INTO headlight housings, scratching them
- pass side door keyed
- front bumper / hood BADLY stonechipped (200++ marks, u gotta see this)
- left door + left skirt badly damaged due to motorbike accident
- rear end scratched when my dumbass then-gf was taking out her bag
- front windshield cracked (someone musta elbowed it)
- the car got pissed on!!
- had a garbage bag thrown into open window when parked (when window didn't close due to faulty motor)
- tire feathering

etc...

MORAL: DON'T. FUCING. COMPLAIN!!! LOL!!

Last edited by d!abolic; 06-26-2006 at 07:19 PM.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:32 PM
Z_freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

totaled an 06 within 4mos of buying it.....
Old 06-26-2006, 07:47 PM
VN_350z
Banned

Originally Posted by Nexx
my horror story, went to bankston nissan to get my hatch shocks replaced. they didnt have them in stock to they told me they would call me when they got in. they called me a week later. dropped the car off in the morning. service rep asked me if i wanted new front tires for the tire roar issue. a bit caught off guard, i said, why not. they proceeded to have them replaced and had they fronts realigned. they replaced the shocks with new ones. changed my oil and washed my car (which i did not know they would do otherwise i would have told them to skip that part). car was ready the same day as promised and i was out a whole $20 for the oil change.
And this is your horror story? WTF?
Old 06-26-2006, 08:43 PM
highside107

Originally Posted by VN_350z
And this is your horror story? WTF?
He was obviously being "sarcastic" , lol.
Old 06-26-2006, 09:41 PM
Nexx

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by highside107
He was obviously being "sarcastic" , lol.
hehe, yeah, tired of all these horror stories, for every horror story there are many more good experiences.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:25 PM
MeetJoeAsian

is there a cliff note version to **** thread???

Quick Reply: Share Your Nissan 350z Horror Story