Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 05:50 PM
MeetJoeAsian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

too much like a Celica
Old 06-27-2006, 05:58 PM
h8rain

I kinda like front bumper. Wheels do look horrible though.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:59 PM
drivenCSZ

Alright, somebody let me know the point of a widebody besides looks? From my understanding if you dropping alot of torque and need some extra beefy tires/wheels in the rear a widebody might be beneficial. What are other benefits or reasons for getting one? im blanking
Old 06-27-2006, 06:07 PM
Hotwire

To maintain traction during his all-powerfull auto shifts...those rims actually came stock on old toyota corrola's in bronze.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:24 PM
abyss

Originally Posted by drivenCSZ
Alright, somebody let me know the point of a widebody besides looks? From my understanding if you dropping alot of torque and need some extra beefy tires/wheels in the rear a widebody might be beneficial. What are other benefits or reasons for getting one? im blanking
Widebody improves handling, allows for wider wheels for traction, and of course the show factor. In this guys case its just out of place to have a widebody with narrow *** wheels and no engine mods.
Old 06-27-2006, 06:31 PM
drivenCSZ

exactly what i thought, he claims that the handling is so much better with the widebody, i was like WTF, are you kidding? he has no mods, and those konigs are defintly not 11 or 12 inches in the rear
Old 06-27-2006, 06:33 PM
rich harris

not my cup of tea...
Old 06-27-2006, 06:38 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

haha I just sent this:

you know all the Z owners are making fun of this car in the forums right? Spend 10K on bodykit and installation, but nothing in the engine bay to back it up, and with your skinnyass tires, it doesn't provide any better handling abilities... If you wanna do it, do it right, but what's the point in that red thing? You'd be lucky to get $25,000 out of it.

see if he replies...lol...
Old 06-27-2006, 06:48 PM
Wholey Smokes

Man that car looks terrible. I really don't get it, either. The Top Secret stuff just doesn't make sense with the rest of his mods. He's got some elite JDM widebody kit with a bull**** hood and wing and some K-Mart Wheels. Weird. I think the paint looks kinda dull, too.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:07 PM
LegionnaireZ

ok here is what gets me... most people i have encountered HATE the vielside V3 Kit... but this is NOT TOO FAR from it... but because it is "Top Secret" is is not rice, ricey, or riced out?

i would stick to calling a car any of the above mentioned "rice" terms if any portion of the mod is found to be distasteful, unpleasant, or an eyesore...

it should not be restricted to certian brands or makers. ex. this kit is too ricey, but his one looks ok but is not my cup of tea because it is an "elite JDM Manufacturer"

I'm not attacking anybody and sorry Smokes for using a part of your post, but you chose the most powerful words to describe Top Secret in this thread...

BTW: i think the kit is terrible looking too... even if it was on a coupe... looks like one more mutilated Z
Old 06-27-2006, 07:19 PM
Wholey Smokes

Originally Posted by LegionnaireZ
ok here is what gets me... most people i have encountered HATE the vielside V3 Kit... but this is NOT TOO FAR from it... but because it is "Top Secret" is is not rice, ricey, or riced out?

i would stick to calling a car any of the above mentioned "rice" terms if any portion of the mod is found to be distasteful, unpleasant, or an eyesore...

it should not be restricted to certian brands or makers. ex. this kit is too ricey, but his one looks ok but is not my cup of tea because it is an "elite JDM Manufacturer"

I'm not attacking anybody and sorry Smokes for using a part of your post, but you chose the most powerful words to describe Top Secret in this thread...

BTW: i think the kit is terrible looking too... even if it was on a coupe... looks like one more mutilated Z
It's cool bud. I would never sport that kit but the thing costs almost $6000! The only reason I say Top Secret is "elite" is because of how much their products cost (and the rarity here in the states), not necessarily due to their quality or style.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:19 PM
zzzzzz ya

Is anyone else concerned that the doors are sunken two inches into the car?
Old 06-27-2006, 07:32 PM
JhayRCruz

it looks nice...jus a lil different thas all.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:35 PM
deezz

The rear looks horrible. The only part of the car I like is the area by the front of the doors. Poor choice of wheels, offsets, and size. The front looks like a snoot or something. The owner seems like a jerk to boot. Good luck unloading that horrible lookin' Z.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:42 PM
LegionnaireZ

ahh... cool then... i was almost expecting to get some friction for my post... but i forgot that this isn't zcar.com

lol... i see what you are saying about top secret though... sounds like i'm sticking to the USDM kits if that's the case...
Old 06-27-2006, 10:41 PM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

replied:

I'm sorry that you lead such a sad life. Maybe when you grow up you'll find something constructive to do with your life.

LOL...
Old 06-28-2006, 12:50 AM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LegionnaireZ
Because Veilside is mostly a show and style body-kit maker. "how it looks" is subjected to our opinions.

Top Secret actually builds four-figured horsepowered cars tweaked with the kits they produce. Professional race cars use them, OPTION uses their kit on two of their 350z's for the State Classic top speed runs in Nevada. They built a G35 that can run in excess of 200mph...and we can't say aerodynamics has nothing to do with it.

I'm not saying this kit belongs on ANY of our street cars, since it's only purpose would be aesthetic, and subject to criticism.
I'm just letting you know why people are a little more reserved when it comes to calling Top Secret "rice".
Old 06-28-2006, 12:52 AM
LvntheZ

its ugly..... my .02 cents
Old 06-28-2006, 04:07 AM
LegionnaireZ

Originally Posted by 35oZephyR
Because Veilside is mostly a show and style body-kit maker. "how it looks" is subjected to our opinions.

Top Secret actually builds four-figured horsepowered cars tweaked with the kits they produce. Professional race cars use them, OPTION uses their kit on two of their 350z's for the State Classic top speed runs in Nevada. They built a G35 that can run in excess of 200mph...and we can't say aerodynamics has nothing to do with it.

I'm not saying this kit belongs on ANY of our street cars, since it's only purpose would be aesthetic, and subject to criticism.
I'm just letting you know why people are a little more reserved when it comes to calling Top Secret "rice".
I hear ya!
Old 06-28-2006, 04:19 AM
reptile718

I am not feeling this kit at all, maybe if the car was a different color? That kit on a red roadster is just not appealing to me. Bad choice of rims as well, they look tiny and sunken in compared to the rest of the car These problems can easily be fixed but for his asking price I would expect the whole package.

Quick Reply: Awful looking Top Secret Roadster