2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Your First Z sighting

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2003, 04:13 PM
buzzdsm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your First Z sighting

Where do you first see the Z live?

Mine was downtown Des Moines. I was walking across a skywalk and right underneath me goes an awesome looking super black Z with the orange interior. I about squirt right there. I was with a co-worker and she thought something was wrong with me when I put my face up to the glass. I knew right then and there I would have one. Very few cars bring on that emotion. The first time I saw a sc430 I was also impressed. There is a Z8 downtown that is also cool but that's probably because it's so rare to see a car like that in Iowa.
Old 02-19-2003, 05:07 PM
Inova

first time i saw a z in real life was when i was bowling in houston. it is a white z with some aftermarket wheels and it looked so CLEAN. i saw it again somewhere else and then i also saw a le mans sunset.
Old 02-19-2003, 05:20 PM
BRONXWARRIOR

HOW ABOUGHT IN THE SOUTH BRONX

of all places a lemans.

and it is the only one ive seen in ny
asides from rallys

nj however ive seen 3 in one day
Old 02-19-2003, 05:22 PM
Stone Z

NY Auto Show, last April.
Old 02-19-2003, 06:46 PM
z-extreme

The first time I laid my eyes in person was at the Chicago Auto Show in 2002.

The time I truely realized i need this car was when I walked into the showroom to see the Daytona Blue and was awestruck. The Blue is so sweet.

No here's the question do I buy the house first or the car?
Old 02-19-2003, 07:19 PM
ZON

Originally posted by z-extreme
The Blue is so sweet.
Old 02-19-2003, 08:56 PM
Da Gimp

The first one I saw live was at the dealer, about a half an hour before I placed my order
Old 02-19-2003, 09:07 PM
apharmdb

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love this car! But my first sighting was horrible. Let me explain, I went to see the car at the dealersihp and they were asking 10k over (this was way back when)! Figured they wanted 5k over, anyway I knew I wasn't going to buy so it was pretty dissapointing. I came home from work early the next day, walked the dog, and saw the exact car at the stop light. Next day I spent hours making calls and eventually placed my order at another dealer for MSRP.

Last edited by apharmdb; 02-19-2003 at 09:14 PM.
Old 02-20-2003, 09:44 AM
Jumpman--Z

The first time I saw one was at a local Nissan dealership. It was time for the Zs to be coming in, and my mom and I passed by to see if they had gotten one in. To my surprise, they had a Chrome Silver one on the showroom floor. It was late at night, so we couldn't go inside to look at it. I had seen dozens of pictures, but it was really cool seeing it in person. We must must have stared at it for 4 minutes straight without moving.
Old 02-20-2003, 10:19 AM
Spoe

A DB Track behind Joseph Beth/CompUSA in Lexington KY. Had SC plates though...
Old 02-20-2003, 10:39 AM
jleighZ

First sighting was the day after I decided to order one. Pulled into our church parking lot and there sat one. First words out of my mouth, were that person is going to hell for getting one before me!My bf just sat there and hung his head
Old 02-20-2003, 10:40 AM
iris

First time I saw a LIVE Z (not at a dealer) was in October or November last year at a Ralph's parking lot near where I live (Coldwater Cyn & Ventura). I SCREAMED and yelled for my man to stop the car. He thought he had run over a dog or something. I ran out to the CS Z and stood around it peering in for like 10 minutes.
Old 02-20-2003, 03:03 PM
Electro Z

Default When my GM and I..

Snuck into the rail yard and checked out 6 new Z's that had arrived and were going to his dealership. We were given a tour of the cars as they sat one every other parking space. I was able to take loads of pics. My DBZ was supposed to be the first in and ended up coming in 20 days later. i was going to the rail yard daily .. sometimes twice a day and saw her come in on a Saturday. Saw her in the car carrier and took pics thru the fence. The only Z to arrive that week. Still a magical moment.

EZ
Attached Thumbnails Your First Z sighting-med-z-in-yard.jpg  
Old 02-20-2003, 03:54 PM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I still stop before I get into my car give kudos to the design team at Nissan. I have been a big fan of design and I can see alot of good ideas in alot of car but, the Z, for me, is the best looking car I have seen in a long time.

Rob
Old 02-20-2003, 05:14 PM
all_bark

I was outside working on my house waiting for mine to come in.

I look up and down the street I see a Z, just what mine should be coming down the street.

I actually started to get excited thinking that the dealer was bringing it over because it just came in.

The driver looks over because I am just standing there in a haze/daze, so he slows down gives me a nice smile/laugh and tears on down the street.

Dam, I thought that was mine!

On a lighter note, mine came in 12 days later.
Old 02-20-2003, 05:34 PM
stevo

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

i was on my way to UofH wiping the crap out of my eyes when i looked up and saw a black touring with burnt orange! drove beside the beautiful machine for awhile then he took off on the on-ramp. memories...
Old 02-20-2003, 06:59 PM
marcZZZ
not a regular pain in the ass

Default First real live Z I saw was mine!!!!

I ordered 01/11/02, I waited and waited, scanned all magazines, addicted to the Z sites and especially to scafremans photos. Then came the call, I drove an hour during rush-hour, pulled up to the dealer and there it was....She was so beautiful, so much nicer than I expected, beautiful from every view. I couldn't get enough, had to break myself away to sign papers...even to this day when I go out to the garage, I can't believe that this car is mine. I still love it and will most likely never tire of it. Trying to keep her clean is a pain in rainy seattle. She still draws a crowd when she is parked. Sometimes it is a swarm of people, sometimes just one. All I will say is this car is well worth the wait.BTW picked her up 09/05/02
Old 02-20-2003, 07:31 PM
Mr Fairlady

First time I saw one was on a Billboard...then I went straight to the dealership and saw a CSilver one in person for the first time,..thought it was Huge--God-like--so I had to get one!

but got a PPW
Old 02-21-2003, 08:39 AM
jj1814

I took my butt straight to the dealership local to my college town last Sept. and peered at it through the window; practically drooling all over the window. It was a Sunday, so the dealership was closed, but rest assured, I went back the very next day!

What I didnt know was that they had taken the car to be showcased at our school's football game the Thursday before. The school's team sucked so I never went to any of the games. I'm still a Gramblinite (Grambling State University) where the football team is on FIRE! :-D But anyway....I missed seeing it by a couple of days, but shooo....that's ok. I STILL pay visits to the dealerships to drool over it....until I get mine (hopefully in a month or two)

Quick Reply: Your First Z sighting