Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Your First Z sighting

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2003, 09:55 AM
DEMOman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We were on our way back from Tennessee in December.
As we drove through Colorado Springs on our way to Idaho, I sat at an intersection and beside me was a dark silver 350.

I told my wife that I'd sell the 911 to own one of those and she laughed at me.

WHO'S LAUGHING NOW???!!! MUHahahahahahahahaha...

Old 02-21-2003, 10:21 AM
silverzman

Dallas Auto Show last year. I remember saying, "hmmm, that looks like an 'interesting' car" Never would have guessed I'd be sitting in one less than a year later!
Attached Thumbnails Your First Z sighting-nissan-ladyz-side.jpg  
Old 02-21-2003, 11:44 AM
gibbsy1
Charter Member #33

alang's CS Track in the Chili's parking lot in late August. It was a full 7 months after I had ordered it and I was starting to get pretty pissed that I still hadn't seen one in person. Then, a month later I was driving mine!

Thanks again Alan!
Old 02-21-2003, 11:50 AM
Alang

Originally posted by gibbsy1
alang's CS Track in the Chili's parking lot in late August. It was a full 7 months after I had ordered it and I was starting to get pretty pissed that I still hadn't seen one in person. Then, a month later I was driving mine!

Thanks again Alan!
No problem.

I first saw a live Z at the LA auto show in Dec 2001. I actually was not very impressed with the pictures and was at the autoshow to see a different car. As I was staring at the Z with a stupid grin on my face, my wife looks at me and says "You're getting one arn't you". I just nodded.
Old 02-25-2003, 11:26 AM
Oh4aZ

Originally posted by DEMOman
We were on our way back from Tennessee in December.
As we drove through Colorado Springs on our way to Idaho, I sat at an intersection and beside me was a dark silver 350.
What intersection? Probably me
Old 02-25-2003, 12:48 PM
DEMOman

I don't know the intersection. It was the day before New Years Eve... at about 5 or 6 o'clock in the evening.

I was wondering if the guy who actually owned the car would post on this forum.

You are the reason I have a 350Z!
Old 02-25-2003, 01:35 PM
Rizzness

I was just exiting the supermarket and crossing the street to the lot
-- looked left: Sunset Z rolling towards me then turns up one of the aisles.
My stomach jittered... ya know?!
It made a BBBRRRRPPPP up the aisle as he his the gas-- I loved it!!
It was a salesman driving it- I chatted with him a sec, then checked the car out! I knew right then.... I GOTS TA have one!
ZZ
Old 02-25-2003, 01:39 PM
iris

Originally posted by Rizzness
My stomach jittered... ya know?!
ahh, yes, quite similar to the heart stop, then pounding with desire - haven't had a car grab me like the Z since the carrera when i was 14
Old 02-25-2003, 05:56 PM
Brando222
Ziologist

I never saw one on the road until I took a trip to Japan in October with my girlfriend. This was after I had already placed my order. That was sweet seeing the Z in its home territory.
Old 02-26-2003, 09:56 AM
CLS

Right about when they first started coming in. I went to a dealer in ATL and they had a DB Track sitting there with ropes around it. I fell in love and knew I had to have one.
Old 02-26-2003, 03:23 PM
ATL350Z

The first one I saw was mine, so it made it all the better. It was on the first or second shipment into Atlanta from what I can tell, and was only there for about 1/2 a day before I went up to take a look.

I had seen nothing but preorder documentation up to that point.
Old 02-26-2003, 07:30 PM
commasense

When I placed my pre-order in June, I was told the car would be delivered in August or September. So I was disappointed when the date slipped into October and then November.

It's the middle of October and I was pulling out of my development in the trusty Miata, when a DB goes by. I do a double take and pull out right after him. I'm hoping he's going to stop somewhere nearby so I can get a better look and talk to the owner. So I'm very pleased when he signals to turn into the same shopping center I was heading to anyway. (I'm not so pleased to hear him grinding his gears.)

But then instead of turning, he continues on straight. I think he realizes that I'm following him. He turns off onto a side street, then again onto a smaller one, and pulls off to the side, thinking I'm going to go on by.

I pull up along side him and say, "I'm not stalking you. I've ordered one of these and this is the first one I've seen. Do you have a minute to talk?"

He seems confused by this. I find out that he didn't pre-order, he just happened to be in the dealership (the same one where I ordered mine) when a pre-order customer whose car had just arrived called to say he didn't want it. So this guy just picked it up. No waiting. He's owned the car for all of 15 minutes. He's driving home from the dealership.

We chatted for a few minutes, but I got the sense he wasn't as big a Z fan or as knowledgeable about the car as most of us are. It was a little disappointing that he didn't seem to really appreciate what he had. Whatever.

I was really stunned by the brilliance of the DB. If I had seen that color in person before ordering, I would have been really tempted.

Before I took delivery of my LS a couple of weeks later, I had seen one in the wild (a CS) and a couple in the dealer's service bay (SS and SB). After getting mine I had a quick glimpse on the DC beltway of a PPW, then met BigBadBuford and some other guys at the drag strip. That's where I saw my first BY. I think the last color I saw was Redline, at my dealership.

And I think that my LS is still the only LS I've ever seen in person. Even after we had the record-setting 25-car meet here in Columbia in January.

More information than you asked for, but there you go.