2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Roadster Zs girly or not?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 07:14 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by DevinB
Exactly. But seeing as how you dont see any EVO's, S2000's, STi's with auto trans you would almost assume that the Z, which is in some peoples opinion more of a sports car than any of those cars listed, wouldnt offer an automatic transmission.
I agree with that. I seriously wish the Z would have come with JUST manual transmissions. Roadsters I don't mind, but the auto thing just bothers me a little.
Old 07-04-2006, 07:16 PM
ke0ki2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the vert Z looks good with the top down with a girl or a guy...but when you put the top up its girlier lookin....personally i really dont like the way the roadsters look with the top up..
Old 07-04-2006, 07:25 PM
Morningglorie

Hey - who dat sayin' "girly" like that's a bad thing??

Love my roadster, and I may be a chick, but I'm no "girl" - being way, way over the age of 18...

Might as well say the coupes are "boy toy" cars.

Wonder what a real *man* drives...
Old 07-04-2006, 09:26 PM
Built2shredZ

I dont think they should have made a ZR either. Isnt this the first Z car with a drop top. I know the z32 had a targa but doesnt that take a little away from the heritage and tradition of Z cars by making vert?
Thats like saying all the convertables Ferreri, Porsche and Lamborghini makes take away from there herritage...

First off if Nissan was worried about herritage they would of gave the 350z its own platform instead of sharing it with the G35, M35/45 and FX35/45...

The 350z is nothing more then the poor mans sports car (given $30k is not cheap but compared to a 150k ferreri it is). Its funny how some guys need the 350z to be this icon of sports car to make them feel more like a man...

Don't get me wrong the majorty of coupe owners are cool and respect other peoples cars so to me this is not a Coupe vs Roadster thread as much as it is a thread about some immature kids who are able to afford a 350z because of poor resale values (or there parents buy it for them) and think there hot $hit because of it.

The 350z is a cool little sports car but its not a freakin Ferreri....
Old 07-04-2006, 09:38 PM
Built2shredZ

Exactly. But seeing as how you dont see any EVO's, S2000's, STi's with auto trans you would almost assume that the Z, which is in some peoples opinion more of a sports car than any of those cars listed, wouldnt offer an automatic transmission.
You do know Sequential Shifter (which all the new automatics have in one form or another) was developed in Formula One Race cars...

Last edited by Built2shredZ; 07-04-2006 at 09:42 PM.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:03 PM
theanswer0127

look at all these ZR ppl who are so happy to get all the attention. =) is it cuz no one notices them when they're without their car?? lol jk

to all the ZR drivers who say it gets more chicks than the coupe: i can get more chicks with my aunt's friggin 12year old volvo.

but back to the subject, i dont think the roadster is girly, i actually like the look of it (w/ top off).

anyway, come on now lets not fight, we're all one big family here. lol
Old 07-04-2006, 10:05 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Built2shredZ
You do know Sequential Shifter (which all the new automatics have in one form or another) was developed in Formula One Race cars...
Although, I know that fact and that many sports cars do offer AT. Those official races like F1 are more about the cars' abilities and not drivers', imo. To me, in real life, it's not just about the cars' abilities but the drivers' also. By offering AT, I think it takes away from the sports car racing as it makes it "easier" for the driver. I don't know what I'm talking about. It's late and this is what I think.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:18 PM
IronMedic

i love the attention my ZR gets. much more than an average coupe. someone asked me if my car was a porsche. i told her it was a nissan. not sure why she couldnt see the nissan logo on the car. i love coupes but roadsters get all the attention these days. read my sig again if you have any questions
Old 07-05-2006, 12:00 PM
DevinB

yeah i really do not know what your getting at here either. And honestly comparing the tiptronic/sepquential shifter in the Z to that of an F1 car is ridiculous. With what i am assuming you mean, then in theory my friend could brag because his crappy toyota has a tiptronic that was developed in an F1 car?

im lost
Old 07-05-2006, 12:02 PM
DevinB

Thats like saying all the convertables Ferreri, Porsche and Lamborghini makes take away from there herritage...
no its not because there have been plenty of convertables from each of those manufacturers.

The Z however has never been offered in with a vert, thus taking away from what most enthusiasts know as a Z.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:34 PM
DoomCue

no its not because there have been plenty of convertables from each of those manufacturers.

The Z however has never been offered in with a vert, thus taking away from what most enthusiasts know as a Z.
Huh?

The first Z convertible was the '93 300ZX, and AFAIK, has been offered every production year since, minus 2003.

Got any more lame arguments against convertibles?

-djb

Last edited by DoomCue; 07-05-2006 at 12:49 PM.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:18 PM
pinoyZ

Originally Posted by DoomCue
Huh?

The first Z convertible was the '93 300ZX, and AFAIK, has been offered every production year since, minus 2003.

-djb
+1
Old 07-05-2006, 01:50 PM
DevinB

Huh?

-djb

nope . clearly i need to refresh my z knowledge
Old 07-05-2006, 06:55 PM
FLZ_Boy

Originally Posted by IronMedic
i love the attention my ZR gets. much more than an average coupe. someone asked me if my car was a porsche. i told her it was a nissan. not sure why she couldnt see the nissan logo on the car. i love coupes but roadsters get all the attention these days. read my sig again if you have any questions
It's really the color.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:08 PM
Morningglorie

A real man will drive whatever he likes.

Only a boy is worried about whether a car is "girly" or not. An 8 year old boy at that.

I don't think either the coupe or the roadster can by typecast. They might appeal to a different type of audience. Roadster-lovers are more independent, more nature-loving, more wind-in-the-hair loving. Coupe drivers are probably more traditional, or maybe live in colder climates.

Don't think either one can be tagged as more or less masculine or feminine.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:17 PM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wasn't the 300ZX and previous Z offered as a targa but really just a T-top and not a real "convertible"?

The 300ZX targa/t-top kept the sexy back roof. Wish the 350Z came with a targa/T-top option so you can keep the sexy lines of the back roof.

Huh?

-djb
Old 07-05-2006, 08:52 PM
Built2shredZ

Yes theres lot of convertibles by the manufactures I mentioned above, but these companies didnt start out by making convertibles, the convertibles didnt come until much later, If memory serves me right, Ferrari didnt start building convertiables until some 30 years after there hard tops...

So by your reasoning a Ferrari Convertible is not a true sports car because they didnt originaly make a convertiable when the company started out? And because of that it takes away from being a true Ferrari?

How old are you btw...

Last edited by Built2shredZ; 07-05-2006 at 09:08 PM.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:06 PM
Built2shredZ

1980 was the first year the Z had T-Tops...
1992 was the first year of a Converitable Z (see attached picture)
Attached Thumbnails Roadster Zs girly or not?-90-96.nissan.jpg  
Old 07-06-2006, 12:18 AM
Speedracer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
hahaha look at all these convertible Z owners gettin all defensive.. kind of reminds me of the 5AT crowd
Of course ZR roadsters are going to get defensive about a comment like this. Duh!!! Top down rocks.

Cool Summer morning.
Dead calm.
Winding smooth back road.
Sun shining.
Music blasting.
TOP DOWN.

And please explain what having a roadster has to do with a slushbox?
Old 07-06-2006, 04:58 AM
maxpowers

Just for the record, Ferrari's first car was a roadster

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferrari_125

http://www.f1-legend.com/histoire/vo...ferrari125.htm

Quick Reply: Roadster Zs girly or not?