Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

My car is too loose

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 11:52 AM
tmounk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I doubt they will ever have a recal for this, if they didn't make a recal for the trannies, then this is another problem that I'll have with Nissan.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:54 AM
tmounk

The dealer said that they could not replicate the problem and to bring it back when it comes back and take them for a test drive. Hopefully I don't bring it back in pieces. Bastards. Does anyone know any good mechanics around VA hopefully in Fairfax County? I’m trying not to go back to the stealerships anymore unless I really have to.
Old 07-12-2006, 01:14 AM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by tmounk
The dealer said that they could not replicate the problem and to bring it back when it comes back and take them for a test drive. Hopefully I don't bring it back in pieces. I’m trying not to go back to the stealerships anymore unless I really have to.
Tmounk, my 350 is going back to the dealer yet again (it's second home at the moment) tomorrow morning NZ time. The right/drivers half shaft is being stripped down and replaced if damaged, which it certainly seems to be as per private assessments and I've seen it for myself, and also the surrounding areas inspected for damaged or broken parts, sheerly because of the huge amount of vibration that is currently happening. Will also be having other aspects checked out to make sure okay.

So after then, will be able to give you details so you can storm into your dealership and demand that they fix it.

Having my 350 privately checked out (at non-nissan workshop) on Saturday morning for my piece of mind and also have TOLD dealer that any bits that come off the car, every bolt, half shaft or whatever, I want in a box to take away. As you can imagine this didn't met with approval, too bad, my car, my parts!! Not their call!!!

My 350 has been in this state for months now, this is the position Nissan NZ has put me in and really sux driving my car that is handling like an absolute pig now. Feels like driving on a flat constantly, wobbling etc, etc and shouldn't have been on the road at all in this very sad state!!

Anyway, will post as soon as I have info.

Last edited by BRONZEE; 07-12-2006 at 01:18 AM.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:29 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Well I hope your drama with your Zed Tmounk doesn't prove to be as nasty as mine is. My car basically feels like you are driving on a flat tyre now, even though the tyre is perfect pressure etc. Because of the all the excessive viabration it's upset the traction control, the fuel pump which will replace under warranty (but that's the only thing), causing wear on the inside of the back right tyre (tyres only a couple of thousand k's old), wobbling like crazy, drifting and just not handling the way a zed should.

We did a comparison test with another 350 over the weekend, and absolutely no play in the fixed end of the half shaft of the other 350, but in my beasty quite a lot. Nissan NZ, even given 3 private assessments of the problem etc, saying the same thing, will not admit liability of a problem. I was told yesterday, they will see me in court. They will not like what I have planned for them. Hard ball is being played now.

Tmounk, I sincerely hope for your sake that what you've experienced with your Zed, isn't the same problem, even though from our discussions it sounds like to a tee.

You might get a wheel alignment and it will be all good for a week at the most and then back to rotten handling!! Will keep you posted.

I have also blacked out the dealership details from my number plate surround, because the dealer is equally as guilty. Gee I wish we had a lemon law in NZ!!!!
Old 07-19-2006, 11:36 AM
tmounk

I'm going to take it for an alignment next week, the stealership was suppost to do it the last tune up 25K, but it was all part of the package deal, so who knows if they did it or not. It's harder to notice the problem now because I just installed the popcharger last week and I've just been reving and reving. I quess the faster you go, the lesser time you waste anaylizing the problem. I went on a curvy drive around my area, and had a blast. Once the tires warmed up, the only thing stopping me is the traffic. Hopefully I'll get the most out of the allignment, it's not cheap.