2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Your IDEAL Online store...

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 11:08 AM
wamuboy714

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your IDEAL Online store...

To all my Z owners,

We're opening a website to make an ideal place for all Z owners to shop at. Being a partner is trying to construct a perfect website, what would Z owners love to see in an online shop. If you're in ORANGE COUNTY, what would you want a shop to have so you can go there and get everything done. What kind of parts or services are you looking for? Any idea would help greatly...

bobby
Old 07-08-2006, 12:06 PM
syndacit

Performance shops, sell parts and install them. That would be nice

I live in Orange County. If you can do everything :P

Paint, Engine, Body, and Enterior haha
Old 07-08-2006, 12:48 PM
highside107

Originally Posted by syndacit
Performance shops, sell parts and install them. That would be nice

I live in Orange County. If you can do everything :P

Paint, Engine, Body, and Enterior haha
Yep, just be able to install *all* the parts you sell. Which probably means you should be able to install a lot of parts as you would like to be a one-stop shop for customers with varying needs. Paint and body work would be a stretch considering you guys are just opening up a shop, but I would keep it in mind as your business grows in the future. GOod luck.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:08 PM
Ichigo

After viewing posts here for several months,I think you have three major trains of thought for modding/upgrades
1)Stereo/electronics - A store doesnt need to carry every brand under the sun, just carry what works. Be able to answer questions and install the gear you sell
2)Performance - Big market here for upgrades, many different manufacturers, again I would try to sell mods and upgrades that have a proven performance record. The brands speak for themselves.
3)Styling/Looks Again, a ton of different manufacturers and tons o product. I would look at several different types of kits/wings and add ons and try to pick a few that stand out from the quality and carry those. Rims and tires might be a good start into the field eventually expanding into Full Kits as you progress.
Its pretty ambitious to aim at a "one stop for all" offering. You need a Full service garage w/tuner talent, A full service body shop for Kits, wings, and paint, and a fully outfitted bay or two for stereo/electronic upgrades/installs.
Good luck!!

Last edited by Ichigo; 07-08-2006 at 01:11 PM.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:22 PM
VN_350z
Banned

Originally Posted by wamuboy714
To all my Z owners,

We're opening a website to make an ideal place for all Z owners to shop at. Being a partner is trying to construct a perfect website, what would Z owners love to see in an online shop. If you're in ORANGE COUNTY, what would you want a shop to have so you can go there and get everything done. What kind of parts or services are you looking for? Any idea would help greatly...

bobby
check out auto bach on Beach blvd then you have an idea.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:13 PM
wamuboy714

Thanks for all your guys reply and more witll definitely help. I've been to Super AutoBachs and they're pretty good, but just for tuners. We're trying to focus on the Z & Gs, EVOs, and Lexus's. Not trying to go VIP style or anything, but somewhere where everyone can shop and stop by knowing that we will help them indefinitely. We do have a connect for paint, so that would definitely help and of course the wheel accounts are already setup with the biggest companies with bottom bottom prices.

Keep the suggestions coming...
Old 07-08-2006, 03:20 PM
highside107

One thing I forgot to mention is excellent customer service is a must. By this I mean going the extra mile every time for a customer, no matter how small or big the problem is. Even if there are no problems/issues, just having friendly and courteous (and knowledgable of course) people at the counter/phone goes a LONG way. Personally, I would much rather pay more for the same service or part at a place that made me feel like a wanted customer than a place that didn't that was cheaper. Word of mouth is the cheapest and most effective way of marketing!
Old 07-08-2006, 05:37 PM
lamaz

Make sure you get a dyno, and some staff that knows what they are talking about. I'm not a "tuner" by any stretch of the imagination, so it bothers me when I know more that tuning than the guy at a tuner shop.

my 2 cents,

-LamaZ
Old 07-08-2006, 05:48 PM
plumpzz

Honestly my ideal store would be a place that is willing to tell me where to go if they don't have something rather than tryna force or trick me into buying something of theirs.
Also, i like Install what you sell, w/o any strings attached, like charging extra for stuff I didnt buy from you, unless its uber gay ebay **** which never fits.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:51 PM
syndacit

Do it yourself shop, and a class room.
Cause I'd want to learn how to do it, and do it myself then have someone else do it. I want to bond with my car :P
Old 07-09-2006, 03:44 AM
cpanagio

Someone who genuinely cares and doesnt exploit a certain car owner group (whether it be Nissan, Honda or whoever) just to make a quick buck. Excellent customer service goes a long way.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:45 AM
Pitt350z

If you come anywhere even remotely close to what these guys

www.alteredatmosphere.com

do in terms of know-how, helpfulness and amazing customer service, you'll be on the right track.
Old 07-09-2006, 08:39 AM
jamesnotworthy

customer service is most important imo.
Old 07-09-2006, 09:56 AM
dreamspeed

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

price price price. The advent of online shopping has killed a lot of brick and mortar stores. If you are trying to start one up right now you have to be able to compete with online prices.
Old 07-13-2006, 07:39 PM
wamuboy714

TTT... more info please