Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

this is a question going out to carputer owners

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 10:31 PM
xcite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this is a question going out to carputer owners

i have the base model with the OEM HU, and was wondering what my options are for BEST sound going through the HU, from the computer. price is no object because i want to watch dvd's and enjoy them without any noise interfiernce. I also dont wanna change out the HU because i enjoy the clean OEM look.

here is what i found so far, model # AUXNISS from sound gate, you can look it up. it says it works on all 350z's that have the cd / cd6 button, which mine does but... kinda iffy, does it only work on the bose systems? it states that it works on the HU if theres a 12 pin connecter, im new to all this so i hav eno clue what that connecter is, heres a pic of the oem hu:

does that have a 12 pin connecter?

anyways, has anyone done a carputer before and know what my best options are. and how effect the above option is. Thanks for any help guys.

wanna get this thing installed
Old 07-14-2006, 09:44 AM
HyperSprite
Mad Scientist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck with that, I think you are handicapping yourself sticking to the stock HU. Going through the HU is only ever going to sound so good.

If I was gonna keep the HU for whatever reason, I would jack the HU into a High Output to RCA converter, connect that and the PC to an RCA A/B switch and plug that into a decent amp/speaker combo.

You could actually dump the A/B switch and use the line-in on the CarPC if you wanted to as well. Then all your advanced audio control would be on the PC. You would also be free to do things like 5.1 surround for your DVDs.

For the PC, you can use a mobo with a decent chipset, like an NFORCE type, or get a soundcard or usb soundblaster setup. The main thing with the PC is to use a DC/DC power supply so you don't introduce any computer noise. I am using a NFORCE onboard sound with my setup and it sounds excellent.

Chris