Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Help! 3-4 Scratch, PAINT REMOVED :( Fix Help Needed.

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2003, 02:02 PM
Ricky
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! 3-4 Scratch, PAINT REMOVED :( Fix Help Needed.

I have a scratch about 4 inches, it's a curve, on the left side above the rear wheel on the curve. It looks like a key, or something! The scratch itself isn't deep, while running your finger over it, it's VERY hard to feel unless you try to feel it, but to see it is nearly impossible not to. It's white, on a black car! The paint and clearcoat have been removed.

I don't give a @#*$ how much it costs to get it fixed, it's my baby. Whats the best way to get it fixed so it's not noticeable EVER again? Official Nissan Bodyshop (charge more ofcouse but exact paint), or will a bodyshop which charge less, but have 99.9% same paint work out jsut as well? How hard is it to match a black color, so it's unnoticeable?

People who have been keyed, I'm really sorry, but how did you fix it up? It's very small so I'm guessing MAX 100 bucks to repair.. but I want it fixed so well no one can tell it was ever scratched. Tips? Help!

Thanks so much everyone.
Old 02-24-2003, 04:21 PM
all_bark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

best solution is to paint the entire panel.

that way there are no chances of color differences in that one panel. This is probably the most expensive direction to take.

another less expensive way is to get some touch up, fill the scratch and then wet sand it with 3-5000 grit wet paper to smooth the finish and then buff it out with an orbital buffer to bring back the shine.

thats just my .02 cents and I am not a painter so I am sure that someone else, who knows more, can give you better advise.

good luck!
Old 02-24-2003, 04:36 PM
rodH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ricky, I don't know if this is the best answer or not.

if you go to a real highend dealer (maybe even a Porsche dealer) and ask who they use to fix the chips and scrathes in the used cars, they maybe able to help.

My dad got a huge/deep scratch in a car he was driving, he had the guys who do that for us on used cars, fix it, I was ABSOLUTLY AMAZED I couldn't tell it was even there. I think they can fill it and airbrush over it and match the paint perfect. I wouldn't have believed that tehy didn't fix the WHOLE panel unless I saw it with my own 2 eyes.

I would bet it would be $100-250, but worth it.
Old 02-24-2003, 05:24 PM
ethan84ae
Charter Member #35

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Its not very deep huh? Did you try waxing it yet? Sometimes wax does a good job of covering up superficial straches... I'd try that first, what do you have to loose?

-Ethan