Here it is…

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 09:03 PM
Risky_Business
Quadrant 987c

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Here it is…

…the post to end all posts…

Well, not really. It’s late and I need to be up in about 6 hours for the office so let’s get this going. Multiple points, questions and comments so I’ll number them off…

POINT #1

So, I work in North York, just outside of Toronto, on Young street (Longest street in the world w/ 2 hours of commuting traffice everyday. Thank gawd for the 2006 auto model or I wouldn’t even stand a chance!). I am coming home today, well, yesterday, the 31st of july and what do I find, but a white Nissan 350z about 100yards ahead (a few lights past me). So, I am all like, convoy time (kinda) & gunnnnn up to him. We pull up to the same light (with my gf on my side cart) & hi say, “hey, what’s up?” to him. I figured I didn’t need to look all googly eyed at his car and then mine to get my message across.

So, then I am met with a slight, uninspired, “heeyyyyy.” Yeah, I don’t know if this guy was just having a rough day or what but he wasn’t having it. My age. White Z. Looked like ’03-’04 going by rims/lights/such. Nice plate thought (read as “CHACHING). Dude, smile….IT’S A ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I was thinking ok, well, maybe I shouldn’t of bothered. However, about 25mins later, (going up HWY 7 for those who know the area), a Daytona Blue flYS by me (as I, to him and we salute one another). Saving grace my friends. Saving grace. My world almost wobbled right out of the universe. LOL :P

Moving on…

POINT #2

What are we listening to when rolling? Oviously, this is going to cut across all types of demographic points (age, sex, race, culture, etc). Still curious. Right now I am hooked on the Linkin Park/J-Z complication disc, Taking Back Sunday, The Used, The Garden State soundtrack + my ipod hookup is stacked. It obviously depends on mood/ what you’re feeling at the time. Whether you feel like rolling loud or cruising with class. It doesn’t matter who or what…just make sure you have tunes to amplify your experience. Thoughts?

POINT #3

I kinda just realized that I have never posted any pics of my ride. Umm…time to pose for some attention. Come on, I need my 15 minutes too. This will probably get lost amongst the new rims and auto vs. man-man (“manual man”) posts however, I don’t care. So, here are some pix to share with y’all (prays they don’t end up on myspace under “this is my ride and I am 14 look at me please section”).

Further to this point, what is the individual/unqiue kewl aspect about your Z? All Zs are the same yet, obviously distinctiv . For me, it’s really two things. Firstly, my plate. Many of us have personalized badges and nothing feels better, I find anyway, when my plate receives as many inquisitive looks as the ride. Secondly, I would have to say my vin number makes me feel “Paris Hilton special,” as the last three digits are 007. Yeah, that’s right, I’m James Bond (adjusts his bow tie & sips his Heineken, I mean, martini…martini).

Well, that’s it. It’s late. This is too long (will just die if he doesn’t reveive a reply).

Over. Out.

Ps. Z fest in Ontario. I am there. The mini-meet in Markham. I am there. Solid.

P.s.s. Suggestions on additions/mods? This is stock and I am so protective I need a push to start molesting it. Wanna talk Z? I's gots the e-mails LOL.
Attached Thumbnails -profile-resize-1.jpg   -profile-resize-2.jpg  
Old 07-31-2006, 09:37 PM
BRONZEE
Club Moderator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hehe, are you a novelist in your spare time.

Got to love that fellow Z driver wave doesn't matter what country it is seems still to happen.

Zed's still in the stock looking format still rock, as do the new '06 rims. Very cool.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:12 AM
NewJerZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice clean looking '06...In Chrome Silver too! (it looks like anyway). It's funny...I try to get other 03-06 Z drivers to holla back or give a thumbs up...sometimes I do...sometimes nothing (not to be stereotypical..BUT Blondes NEVER do...as they are lost in their own little Barbie/Paris Hilton wanna be world....I'm NOT really carin' about that...cuz I don't wanna date 'em anywayz or anything like that..LOL).

Here's what's REALLY odd....Peeps in older Z...1980's and 1990's models...They show ZERO acknowledgment that you're even driving a Z...Is it jealousy or maybe "My year Z looks waay better than yours type of BS"

I talked to peeps who had a 86-87 Z, who didn't like the look of the 1992 Z for example (Strange, but true).
Old 08-01-2006, 06:11 AM
davidf

Lets set the record straight, Paris Hilton is not special in any way whatsoever.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:51 AM
fairladyinit

I think the twins post was the post to end all posts. imo

https://my350z.com/forum/media-share/36898-twins.html
Old 08-01-2006, 06:55 AM
fairladyinit

BTW sorry for the thread hijack

As for point 2, you're right about people listening to whatever music they want but not everyone should be able to hear what you're listening to. We all know that the best music is the music our exhaust notes make.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:04 AM
StraySheep

Originally Posted by fairladyinit
We all know that the best music is the music our exhaust notes make.
That's is so true, when it's time to hit the 7000 RPM redline, there's no need for any music from the Bose system.

It even gets better with both windows rolled down at 7000 RPM.
Old 08-01-2006, 07:35 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

What did he say?
Old 08-01-2006, 07:47 AM
MRfire

Originally Posted by davidf
Lets set the record straight, Paris Hilton is not special in any way whatsoever.
I beg to differ:
Attached Thumbnails -collegehumor.68884.451xauto.jpg  
Old 08-01-2006, 08:38 AM
freefallin

^^ Doesn't do much for me. Decent legs...but the rest is just plain...eh.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:01 AM
MRfire

Originally Posted by freefallin
^^ Doesn't do much for me. Decent legs...but the rest is just plain...eh.
Ummm....was talking about the car she's sitting in
Old 08-01-2006, 09:41 AM
titanjc

I never run into other "enthusiast" Z owners on the steet. The only ones I ever see are women in their 40's and old men.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:13 PM
Risky_Business
Quadrant 987c

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Excellent replies...

gentlemen...many, many good points. Thanks for the compliment(s). FYI it's silverstone (sun makes it look lighter). Doesn't matter/doesn't matter.

I just realized I am in love with the '06 rims. At this point, totally satisfied with them. Anyway...more replies? Comments?

Over/Out.

FYI: New thread tonight (if I don't burn out fist). Lates.
Old 08-01-2006, 05:31 PM
i8acobra

Received 1,283 Likes on 1,028 Posts

Re point #2....
Sirius 20 Octane, 33 Area 33, and 34 Boombox.