Notices
2003-2009 Nissan 350Z

Coming from M3 smg to 350z !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2006, 07:43 PM
streetracer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by plumpzz
Thats a rip off. some people sell rotors, hats, lines capipers and all hardware for that much on the classifieds section.
1- Calipers are in mint condition
2- These calipers are very hard to find, at least were I live
3- Calipers are plug and play in the base model OEM brackets. Just take the irons out and put the Brembos in.
4- plumpzz is right, you will need rotors. Brembos are wider and larger in diameter. You will also need a set of braided lines for Track model (Goodridge) since the connection cannot be made between the base model lines and the Brembo calipers.

If you really want them, I would say to bid. Sorry plumpzz.
Old 08-04-2006, 07:49 PM
taurran

Originally Posted by NA350Z
Taurran I love your car, its so clean, are you running on a built engine? If not 412 RWHP is pretty high for a stock block daily driver. Id love to turbo, then Id never event think of the M3, I would just like around 330-350 RWHP for daily driver, should be able to spank most cars with that.
Thanks. I'm still running on the stock block. In time it will be built pushing a bit more power, but for now I enjoy what I've got.

You can turbocharge an M3, but from what I understand it is an even bigger headache than this car. The turbo kits are also 2x more expensive.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:46 PM
ZRaven

I went from a 350z to an M3 and couldn't be happier. Handling is great, shifting is quick -yes I have SMG and am in s5 60% of the time and in s6 the rest of the time. I don't mind lifting off the throttle when shifting as I drove manuals since getting my drivers license.

As for service @dealers and reliability with the car, you really can't generalize that to encompass all BMW dealers.

I liked my Z when I had it but opted for an M when one came a long for the right price and color combo.
Old 08-05-2006, 01:19 AM
M3to350z

Originally Posted by behjjeh
come on!!! i got my Intake and HKS Exhuast when i had under 1k miles..
u need to start on it!
I have my eye on the Nismo intake system but I have been looking for something with a chip or ecu piggy back for something like 30 hp gain?

Exhaust is just fine by my taste. Maybe a grounding system or removing the cat plus adding headers will be great.
Old 08-05-2006, 01:44 AM
M3to350z

Originally Posted by ZRaven
I went from a 350z to an M3 and couldn't be happier. Handling is great, shifting is quick -yes I have SMG and am in s5 60% of the time and in s6 the rest of the time. I don't mind lifting off the throttle when shifting as I drove manuals since getting my drivers license.

As for service @dealers and reliability with the car, you really can't generalize that to encompass all BMW dealers.

I liked my Z when I had it but opted for an M when one came a long for the right price and color combo.
If I wanted a manual, I'd drive a manual.

Actually I did not generalize. I visited 3 bmw dealers getting worse service as I continued my search for a semi-decent dealer. They're all cocky mother suckers who belive their product is gold. Infact they will purposely try and charge you for something as often as they can. They will quote you a certain amount "knowing they are over" then charge you less, then making you fill out a bmw questioneer on the spot for the bosses, making you feel like you got a good deal or good service when they shouldn't have even threatened you in the first place. I don't know their system but i'll tell you the fish ROTS from the head down. It got to the point that I had so many issues, with the car "under warranty" that god-forbid I got a problem not under warranty, I would surely pay dearly....

It wouldn't be so bad if they offered me a rental or made me wait like I was in a doctors office.

I hope german engineering isn't all like this. I have yet to own a mercedes and my next car will "hopefully" be a sl500.

Originally Posted by ZRaven
I don't mind lifting off the throttle when shifting as I drove manuals since getting my drivers license.
You and I both know it gets seriously annoying especially in every day driving.
I will admit the car would be a lot of fun in stick because you would have total control of that horsepower. SMG SUCK! Show me one person that loves smg and i'll show you 10 that hate it.

The 350z shifts fast, Firm and learns your driving style fast with no hesitation in shifting.

The m3 needs to be shifted by hand because the auto mode doesn't think fast enough. I don't know how to explain it but it doesn't predict a down shift when you stomp it, giving you the horsepower you need in emergency situations. Heaven forbid you let your girlfriend drive it without a 20 minute lesson, they'll drop the tranny! (It almost happened)!

You guys will thank me later. Skip the bmw and go right to the benz/ferarri/lambo.
Old 08-05-2006, 02:02 AM
kumdolife88

m3..always wanted one..and is still on my list to get one day.
WELCOME
Old 08-05-2006, 06:05 AM
Tommy Vercetti

Originally Posted by M3to350z

I hope german engineering isn't all like this. I have yet to own a mercedes and my next car will "hopefully" be a sl500.

You and I both know it gets seriously annoying especially in every day driving.
I .You guys will thank me later. Skip the bmw and go right to the benz/ferarri/lambo.

You put a benz and lambo in the same group, huh ?

You're a dumb a$$, I don't know how else to really say it. Your spelling is right up there w/ a 5 y/o so that says something.
You could not buy a clue on how to drive SMG. I am sure it is way out of your comprehension and I will not bore the other readers here w/ a diatribe on how to properly use a sequential set up.

You say the car handles crappy, it is only lauded as one of if not the best handleing car on the planet, but what do the worlds best drivers know. I am sure your observations of the car are rooted in the facts that you were either afraid of it or were warned by your parents that paid the $60K for it to not put a scratch on her. Perhaps a combo of the two.

I am sure I echo the museings of the whole M3 community in the fact you have left the fold. Enjoy you're Datsun.

Last edited by Tommy Vercetti; 08-05-2006 at 06:13 AM.
Old 08-05-2006, 06:25 AM
taurran

Originally Posted by Tommy Vercetti

You're a dumb a$$, I don't know how else to really say it. Your spelling is right up there w/ a 5 y/o so that says something.
You could not buy a clue on how to drive SMG. I am sure it is way out of your comprehension and I will not bore the other readers here w/ a diatribe on how to properly use a sequential set up.

You say the car handles crappy, it is only lauded as one of if not the best handleing car on the planet, but what do the worlds best drivers know. I am sure your observations of the car are rooted in the facts that you were either afraid of it or were warned by your parents that paid the $60K for it to not put a scratch on her. Perhaps a combo of the two.

I am sure I echo the museings of the whole M3 community in the fact you have left the fold. Enjoy you're Datsun.
Sentence fragments, improper grammar and misspelling - Consider Revising

I'm sure there are many "Datsuns" in town that would gladly hand you your ***.

Last edited by taurran; 08-05-2006 at 06:35 AM.
Old 08-05-2006, 06:47 AM
Tommy Vercetti

Originally Posted by taurran
Sentence fragments, improper grammar and misspelling - Consider Revising

I'm sure there are many "Datsuns" in town that would gladly hand you your ***.

I have yet to run over any they tend to run and hide. I had a very modded Blk 350 in my sights yesterday, it was lowered, some kind of blk wheels, very clean and was FI I think. I came up behind him on I-95 he looked in his rearview and caught a glimpse of my shiny AA FMIC and decided to start fiddleing w/his radio and moved to the slow lane.

BTW I not only owned a 350 briefly but also a 300XZ, and a 1983 280 ZX Turbo so I have some experience in these cars. IMO it was all downhill after the last 280 rolled off the line.
Old 08-05-2006, 07:02 AM
taurran

I have yet to run over any they tend to run and hide. I had a very modded Blk 350 in my sights yesterday, it was lowered, some kind of blk wheels, very clean and was FI I think. I came up behind him on I-95 he looked in his rearview and caught a glimpse of my shiny AA FMIC and decided to start fiddleing w/his radio and moved to the slow lane.

BTW I not only owned a 350 briefly but also a 300XZ, and a 1983 280 ZX Turbo so I have some experience in these cars. IMO it was all downhill after the last 280 rolled off the line.
You're crazy! The 300zxtt is an awesome machine, and the 350z is one of the best affordable sports cars on the market, if not ever. Too bad we don't get a factory FI model. However, if you do run into an FI 350z, you'd better be packing some serious power.

And, I don't really understand why you would use "Datsun" as if it were an insult...
Old 08-05-2006, 07:52 AM
ZlleH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Delete

Last edited by ZlleH; 08-05-2006 at 07:58 AM.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:19 AM
Tommy Vercetti

Originally Posted by taurran
You're crazy! The 300zxtt is an awesome machine, and the 350z is one of the best affordable sports cars on the market, if not ever. Too bad we don't get a factory FI model. However, if you do run into an FI 350z, you'd better be packing some serious power.

And, I don't really understand why you would use "Datsun" as if it were an insult...

I am packing "serious power" thank you, my car scoots pretty good as well. It is not the best thing since sliced bread but it gets me where I am going in style and in a timely manner.

I am old school I guess, it will always be Datsun to me, I meant nothing by it.

Oh yeah the 300 was an overweight, over luxo, over everything (esp the price) pig. It was far from an awesome machine. I hated my TT by the time I pulled out of the dlr parking lot. That is never a good sign. I think I swapped it for a new ZR-1 Vette.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:20 AM
M3to350z

1. I was going in order of price and not value or performance: benz/ferrari/lambo.
2. You have no right to talk about my family. If you live in Los Angeles, I will be glad to show you why. If not I might travel to your destination.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:22 AM
Tommy Vercetti

Originally Posted by M3to350z
1. I was going in order of price and not value or performance: benz/ferrari/lambo.
2. You have no right to talk about my family. If you live in Los Angeles, I will be glad to show you why. If not I might travel to your destination.

Um lets see perhaps we can brush up on our reading skills yes. What does it say next to location? Christ, a fricken kid I knew it. Poser you wouldnt know a M3 if it ran up your a$$ sideways.

Not only are you showing your self to be a tard on this forum but the real M owners on their forum are laughing at you as well.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:28 AM
M3to350z

Leave.
Old 08-05-2006, 08:51 AM
taurran

I am packing "serious power" thank you, my car scoots pretty good as well. It is not the best thing since sliced bread but it gets me where I am going in style and in a timely manner.

I am old school I guess, it will always be Datsun to me, I meant nothing by it.

Oh yeah the 300 was an overweight, over luxo, over everything (esp the price) pig. It was far from an awesome machine. I hated my TT by the time I pulled out of the dlr parking lot. That is never a good sign. I think I swapped it for a new ZR-1 Vette.
I'd love to run your M3 if you're in the area. Also, I have a few friends in the Orlando area and acquiantances in Miami/Palm Beach. It will be interesting to see if that blower you've got stacks up to a turbocharged VQ.

And, I think you'd be surprised how well the 350z stacks up to the M3. Lap times and skidpads by most major comparisons are almost identical. Not bad for a car that costs $20,000 less, I'd say.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:00 AM
NaNa-Papa-J

TOMMY VERCETTI...I think you're a TROLL. Anyone who gets worked up over a forum thread is, 1) either a young punk who likes to always argue for something even if they don't believe it themselves, 2) a guy who has been smoked one too many times on the asphault, or 3) is just a plain retard with a self-confidence issue.

You never once stated what car you REALLY drive...and what your so-called "serious power" numbers really are. Here's what I'm thinking...you drive a two wheeled Huffy with trick-bars powered by two legs.

Calm down. Enjoy the forum. Realize that it's just that...discussions. Don't take life with such an aggressive stance...it's too short for that.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:30 AM
streetracer

Tommy: you did talk about his family, and you know it. Is an apology so hard?
Old 08-05-2006, 10:09 AM
Tommy Vercetti

Originally Posted by streetracer
Tommy: you did talk about his family, and you know it. Is an apology so hard?

I said they bought his car, which they did. I view that as a complement in that they are well off enough to drop their kid in a $60K car, I mean I sure as hell would never do that but not for the $$ reasons. I dont believe in endangering the public (like y'all) w/ inexperienced drivers in high performance cars, again like your cars. Do you agree ?

This kid can't drive, simple. The M3 has a staggered set up, how in the world can you make a car "step out", his words, that is built to understeer and has staggered set up. This is of course even more assnine considering all the safety measures built in thru the DSC programs that further prevent morons from deading themselves, I mean it happens but not in this guys case. You know why ?? He never had the car, it was his dads and he passed it off as his own to impress you guys.
This is fun haha such an easy target. Hey genius next to time you decide to pick ownership of a car stick with things you "actually" have like the Civics.

I miss this place, used to come around alot hehe way back when.

Quick Reply: Coming from M3 smg to 350z !!!!